• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD Versions

D

d4m.test

Hi All. please disregard my post above - just been made aware of the rules with respect to QC.

Both pieces look fine to me..and i have accepted them.

D

d4m.test

Hi All. please disregard my post above - just been made aware of the rules with respect to QC.

Both pieces look fine to me..and i have accepted them.

xtreme0209

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
The pearl looks great, and the rehaut looks great as well. As stated above, the "K" is a bit off, but OTW will not be able to tell.

xtreme0209

9/7/12
The pearl looks great, and the rehaut looks great as well. As stated above, the "K" is a bit off, but OTW will not be able to tell.

D

d4m.test

8b688e0fd973289e38d08284b0f6ad25.jpg
5fb81520b94fcf15b96acef3e9455ae7.jpg
f74becfa268f22d429f461dea0daae3a.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Hi. I was just told today the the D-Blue Noob V7 with SA3135 has been discontinued. Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

Hi. I was just told today the the D-Blue Noob V7 with SA3135 has been discontinued. Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

arniesack

25/8/14
This thread is fantastic and brings all us noobies up to speed on the important features of reps, many thanks to the OP. I think the DSSD 3135 is still available as I have just been trawling TD's for one and they seem generally to be out there I haven't been given any 'out of stock' messages yet. Is the 3135 movement that bad?

arniesack

25/8/14
This thread is fantastic and brings all us noobies up to speed on the important features of reps, many thanks to the OP. I think the DSSD 3135 is still available as I have just been trawling TD's for one and they seem generally to be out there I haven't been given any 'out of stock' messages yet. Is the 3135 movement that bad?

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
thats very interesting
I know, most concise rep DSSD info on the net. A big thanks to @Raddave for this amazing write up, proving you are the undisputed, unabridged, encyclopedia and foremost expert on all things that might have to do with the Deepsea. As for your question.... This is a topic we have passionately discussed here on RWI for a while. As a watch smith and moder i, and this is my personal opinion, think with a service to the movement promptly following you receiving the watch...the new versions are pretty rock solid. Im slowly frankin-ing the poop out of my noob v7 and have already transplanted a yuki (or sh3135) i serviced and have moded with several gen parts already into mine performing beautifully. But thats just it, the yuki was built from a gen movement and will (with some cowerksing) be swapped out with genuine parts. Where as the SA3135, although has the overall general appearance of the rolex 3135, internally is much different in some aspects. For me its the look and performance ie ( crown winder is clockwise like gen, size and shape of case is closer bc of stem height) ect.... And again, the newest crop of SA3135's are pretty solid. I'll include a timegrapher shot of mine to show you, these can be very good movements. Might i also suggest another absolute if you go with a noob v7... Swap out your bezel insert with a spongebob platinum plated one... best and closest looking insert next to obviously a gen.View attachment 98325 Now as for the guy @Raptor02R, if this is what a TD has told you.....its very interesting given all this talk of noob coming out with a new mass release of a 904ss product line ie.( v8's) before year end. HMMMMMMMM :thinking:

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
thats very interesting
I know, most concise rep DSSD info on the net. A big thanks to @Raddave for this amazing write up, proving you are the undisputed, unabridged, encyclopedia and foremost expert on all things that might have to do with the Deepsea. As for your question.... This is a topic we have passionately discussed here on RWI for a while. As a watch smith and moder i, and this is my personal opinion, think with a service to the movement promptly following you receiving the watch...the new versions are pretty rock solid. Im slowly frankin-ing the poop out of my noob v7 and have already transplanted a yuki (or sh3135) i serviced and have moded with several gen parts already into mine performing beautifully. But thats just it, the yuki was built from a gen movement and will (with some cowerksing) be swapped out with genuine parts. Where as the SA3135, although has the overall general appearance of the rolex 3135, internally is much different in some aspects. For me its the look and performance ie ( crown winder is clockwise like gen, size and shape of case is closer bc of stem height) ect.... And again, the newest crop of SA3135's are pretty solid. I'll include a timegrapher shot of mine to show you, these can be very good movements. Might i also suggest another absolute if you go with a noob v7... Swap out your bezel insert with a spongebob platinum plated one... best and closest looking insert next to obviously a gen.View attachment 98325 Now as for the guy @Raptor02R, if this is what a TD has told you.....its very interesting given all this talk of noob coming out with a new mass release of a 904ss product line ie.( v8's) before year end. HMMMMMMMM :thinking:

D

d4m.test

thats very interesting

Thank you for sharing this valuable information.
Do you suggest the SA3135 or just go with the 2836 and save $50? I probably won't do much modifying.
Where would I get a SpongeBob bezel insert?

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

thats very interesting

Do you suggest the SA3135 or just go with the 2836 and save $50? I probably won't do much modifying.

Sent from the RWI App

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO

Sent from the RWI App
again if you're asking my direct opinion, and you want an out of the box rep thats close as it can be, go SA3135. Again with the better made stock of the newer ones, it be the way i'd go. Alot of members would guide you the eta route. However using my direct experience striping down, cleaning, oiling, repairing many SA's there's no reason I have for you not to get one. Lol, his names steve. He just has a spongebob avatar. Great guy to work with... Fantastic communication, will work with you on all types of mods. Great member here. PM me for contact info and i can show you what the insert looks like.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO

Sent from the RWI App
again if you're asking my direct opinion, and you want an out of the box rep thats close as it can be, go SA3135. Again with the better made stock of the newer ones, it be the way i'd go. Alot of members would guide you the eta route. However using my direct experience striping down, cleaning, oiling, repairing many SA's there's no reason I have for you not to get one. Lol, his names steve. He just has a spongebob avatar. Great guy to work with... Fantastic communication, will work with you on all types of mods. Great member here. PM me for contact info and i can show you what the insert looks like.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
And just one more side note to my previous post i forgot to mention... Getting a v7 or v6s with the SA3135 will also give you the option to ( either down the road, or something you want to change rt away) of swapping with the SH3135 aka yuki. Hell if you really had the funds especially referring to the v6s (but also with the v7 with a small fix) you have the option to go super frankin and swap in a gen 3135. The v7 or v6s with an ETA 2836, A2836 will never except any of the 3135's, Gen or asian. Well shouldn't say never. There are some talented moders on here, so let me say without VERY HEAVILY and EXTENSIVELY modifying the case, it won't except the 3135 movement. Just an important side note to anyone questioning which way to go with the movement

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
And just one more side note to my previous post i forgot to mention... Getting a v7 or v6s with the SA3135 will also give you the option to ( either down the road, or something you want to change rt away) of swapping with the SH3135 aka yuki. Hell if you really had the funds especially referring to the v6s (but also with the v7 with a small fix) you have the option to go super frankin and swap in a gen 3135. The v7 or v6s with an ETA 2836, A2836 will never except any of the 3135's, Gen or asian. Well shouldn't say never. There are some talented moders on here, so let me say without VERY HEAVILY and EXTENSIVELY modifying the case, it won't except the 3135 movement. Just an important side note to anyone questioning which way to go with the movement

arniesack

25/8/14
@Cdenim Thanks for the really detailed reply, I've been working away for a few days, but to get back and have someone as clearly skilled as you are help me decide with clear facts and guides - outstanding!! I will now look with a more critical eye and I think your suggestions about servicing and 'upgading' a few parts seems like a good investment. Thanks so much for your input, it is really appreciated.

arniesack

25/8/14
@Cdenim Thanks for the really detailed reply, I've been working away for a few days, but to get back and have someone as clearly skilled as you are help me decide with clear facts and guides - outstanding!! I will now look with a more critical eye and I think your suggestions about servicing and 'upgading' a few parts seems like a good investment. Thanks so much for your input, it is really appreciated.