• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't Buy That DSSD Just Yet, Here's Another One: Deep Sea Dweller SS Blk Asia 3135..

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
The description:

The Ultimate Version of DeepSea ...Same Deep rehaut as Genuine. Crisp Engraving within Lugs, Excellent Pearl and Lume on Dial... Updated Beveled Edge Date Window....Parts interchangeable (Except Dial and Movt) interchangeable with the Genuine.

Made with a Genuine watch as Sample...

Model : SS Case, Black Dial, White Dot Markers on SS Oyster Brushed Bracelet with New Design Divers Extension, Black Bezel Unidirectional, Engraved Rehaut M Serials, Full Ceramic Bezel With sandwich numeral insert.. Unidirectional rotating Bezel.. Blue Lume on hour markers and needles and Bezel Pearl.
Movement: Nickle Plated Asian Clone (Rolex 3135) Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph
Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date ( Set via Crown, Beveled Edge Date Window)
Dimensions : Dia 43mm x 17.5mm
Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316F stainless steel
Back : Solid case back with Titanium Seal, 2 piece Caseback
Crown : One-piece screw down crown with o ring with thick crown tube ( same size as genuine)
Crystal: Dome Sapphire crystal
Close 6 and 9
M Serial numbers and Model numbers between Lug and Rehaut
Waterproof from Factory to 5 atm...50m

Note : Update Done .. Use of 316F Steel, Asian 3135 (Rolex Clone Movt- Appearance at Bridges)

I recently read a very nice review on this version on another forum and the thing that impressed me the most about the watch was the use of 316F stainless steel, which is very noticeably brighter than 316L.

The stolen photo with the 316F stainless steel at the top...

dssdreview1241.jpg

With a couple changes, this is the watch to get. Order a replacement, more accurate ceramic bezel and if it really bothers you a dial with the thinner lume dot edges and you'll have THE ultimate DSSD.

I've sent an email to Neo at EuroTimez to see if they can get this watch. Until then, it is currently available at Perfect Clones for $388. For some, this might seem a little high, but having racked my brain for practically a year looking for a source or way to put the best DSSD together, this is the model to start with- hands down. Having the steel in a brighter 316F is a must. I've got a ceramic bezel on order from EuroTimez, and if I can't get a correct dial, I have a nearly perfect dial that just needs to be relumed to the correct blue. Once those mods are made, I challenge anyone from a hardcore Rolex guy to any Rolex AD to tell the difference without opening the watch.

I'm not sure how cool it is to post the link to the review, but if you like Hawaii, you're sure to like the guy who wrote it. :)

dssdreview0911.jpg

techlogik

16/7/09
Yes, that is the one lanikai did the review on.

The only problem I really see is the bezel insert 10 position is still wrong...such an easy fix, yet they won't do anything about it.

Not sure for the money about getting a decorated asian clone to look like the 3135 for Swiss ETA Prices though...

The new steel compared to an different DSSD is noticeable and more gen like though. So some improvements, some not so good improvements maybe.

It is a very nice looking piece considering it was drop shipped from Josh. I've had problems with him lately and little QC B.S. that is annoying. Kind of shying away from him lately.

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
Yeah, I think this one, with a Eurotimez bezel insert, will be about as close as a rep can get! I was knew this would happen as soon as I bought one... >:-| This whole DSSD thing as about as frustrating as trying to decide when to buy a new computer! No matter what you do 2 months down the road there will be something better! Grrrrr.....

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
Makes me glad I went ahead and bought a "flawed" version as I can now just kick back and watch everybody else get stirred up over the version alphabet soup!

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Just when you thought it was safe to buy a DSSD........

DSSD: The Final Chapter II V6.3 Ultimate No-Seriously Last One Promise

Coming soon to a rep dealer near GZ.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
This really takes the joy out of rep buying ... like jmb said - you buy it and automatically it is "old"

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I wonder how may people have bought more than 3 different versions of this one. I remember one guy had bought all 5........Now he gets to start over. Again!

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Kinda like buying a computer or television. Outdated the moment you buy it.

Fauxlex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/08
Haha, this makes me glad I haven't bought one yet. I still love my SSD, but maybe when they release the Super Duper Ultimate DSSD v88(or SDUDSSDv88), I'll get one. :D

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I cant believe people are buying these! And, Why dont they offer them with an asian eta?
C'mon people! We in the forums should be able to have a voice about this kinda stuff! 3 or 4 years ago this would never have flown, are there that many noobs in the hobby that are totally enamoured with these?

I will say it again, the ONLY reason to spend more to get the "decorated" asian eta movement is to FOOL someone who doesnt know any better. I wonder how many of these DSSD's, Milgauss's and Submariners will end up on Ebay and for sale unknowing pawn shops for thousands of dollars?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I share all your pain. As far as the movement, personally I don't care what it looks like, though lanikai did mention that it felt good in the crown. Considering the price I paid for an ultimate HBB, I can swallow this without too much trouble. Just means selling some things on Ebay that are collecting dust anyway. :) $37 to replace the bezel is nothing. Look at the hundreds of dollars some spend on their PAMs etc. to get those to a point that makes them happy. No need to spend near that much on this one. The two major issues for me are the brighter steel and an accurate HEV. The rest I can have my watch guy swap out when I get them all together.

Knowing that I'll have a version with the brightest steel, a very good bezel insert and correctly lumed dial/hands is enough to satisfy me. There can be updated version of this but once the adjustments are made to this one, there won't be a better version...

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Hi Josh, ....at Perfect Clones has the site shut down......
The description:

The Ultimate Version of DeepSea ...Same Deep rehaut as Genuine. Crisp Engraving within Lugs, Excellent Pearl and Lume on Dial... Updated Beveled Edge Date Window....Parts interchangeable (Except Dial and Movt) interchangeable with the Genuine.

Made with a Genuine watch as Sample...

Model : SS Case, Black Dial, White Dot Markers on SS Oyster Brushed Bracelet with New Design Divers Extension, Black Bezel Unidirectional, Engraved Rehaut M Serials, Full Ceramic Bezel With sandwich numeral insert.. Unidirectional rotating Bezel.. Blue Lume on hour markers and needles and Bezel Pearl.
Movement: Nickle Plated Asian Clone (Rolex 3135) Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph
Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date ( Set via Crown, Beveled Edge Date Window)
Dimensions : Dia 43mm x 17.5mm
Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316F stainless steel
Back : Solid case back with Titanium Seal, 2 piece Caseback
Crown : One-piece screw down crown with o ring with thick crown tube ( same size as genuine)
Crystal: Dome Sapphire crystal
Close 6 and 9
M Serial numbers and Model numbers between Lug and Rehaut
Waterproof from Factory to 5 atm...50m

Note : Update Done .. Use of 316F Steel, Asian 3135 (Rolex Clone Movt- Appearance at Bridges)

I recently read a very nice review on this version on another forum and the thing that impressed me the most about the watch was the use of 316F stainless steel, which is very noticeably brighter than 316L.

The stolen photo with the 316F stainless steel at the top...

dssdreview1241.jpg

With a couple changes, this is the watch to get. Order a replacement, more accurate ceramic bezel and if it really bothers you a dial with the thinner lume dot edges and you'll have THE ultimate DSSD.

I've sent an email to Neo at EuroTimez to see if they can get this watch. Until then, it is currently available at Perfect Clones for $388. For some, this might seem a little high, but having racked my brain for practically a year looking for a source or way to put the best DSSD together, this is the model to start with- hands down. Having the steel in a brighter 316F is a must. I've got a ceramic bezel on order from EuroTimez, and if I can't get a correct dial, I have a nearly perfect dial that just needs to be relumed to the correct blue. Once those mods are made, I challenge anyone from a hardcore Rolex guy to any Rolex AD to tell the difference without opening the watch.

I'm not sure how cool it is to post the link to the review, but if you like Hawaii, you're sure to like the guy who wrote it. :)

dssdreview0911.jpg

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
When the B&R's came out and people found out it wasnt an eta movement the crap hit the fan. But with these, they advertise them as a Rolex clone movement and they're not, and no seems to give a rats ass.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
When the B&R's came out and people found out it wasnt an eta movement the crap hit the fan. But with these, they advertise them as a Rolex clone movement and they're not, and no seems to give a rats ass.

I only believe what my eyes tell me. They can call it anything they like as long as it runs, so I guess you could bunch me in with the "no rats ass" class... :cool2: It does seem silly that it would be described that way, being a participant in the marketing game I can't say that I haven't done worse things. :cute:

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Had you bought one of the B&R's you would feel differently. Dealers were booted from the board for lying in descriptions (among other things), and yet its happening all over again and its as if its no big deal. The boards should help educate you, not feed your need to be a "participant in the marketing game". These watches are only the begining. Who know what "lies" ahead.

Why dont they just offer these with an eta or an asian eta?

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
The only thing about this "new" movement that is intriguing is the balance being on a "bridge" which is solidly anchored on each end. I would like to see some testing between the two mounting methods (don't know what would be tested for, but...) to see if the bridge has any kind of advantage over the "cantilevered" type. Maybe better stability during vibration/shock episodes?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Had you bought one of the B&R's you would feel differently. Dealers were booted from the board for lying in descriptions (among other things), and yet its happening all over again and its as if its no big deal. The boards should help educate you, not feed your need to be a "participant in the marketing game". These watches are only the begining. Who know what "lies" ahead.

Why dont they just offer these with an eta or an asian eta?

I see your point and agree 100%. In doing my homework by reading and researching as much as I can before jumping off the cliff, I've grown very skeptical of most any claims and rely heavily on the expertise of those that bless us with their wisdom and experience here on the forum. With that said, I also trust the opinion of lanikai who reviewed the watch. For me, the value is all in the steel and the replication of the major components which are the HEV, body and bracelet. Beyond that, the rest can be tinkered with fairly easily. Without the better steel, it would be a waste of time to bother with any other version. For roughly a 16th of the gen price (if I did my math correctly) throwing another hundred or so into it to get it right doesn't bother me. Compared to spending $700 for a rep that doesn't come close is a bargain in my eyes. :)

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I only believe what my eyes tell me. They can call it anything they like as long as it runs, so I guess you could bunch me in with the "no rats ass" class... :cool2: It does seem silly that it would be described that way, being a participant in the marketing game I can't say that I haven't done worse things. :cute:

BTW, your "they can call it anything they like as long as it runs" attitude is a big FAIL. But if thats how you think, you really should check out Bestswiss. You will be right at home with everything you see on your computer screen.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
BTW, your "they can call it anything they like as long as it runs" attitude is a big FAIL. But if thats how you think, you really should check out Bestswiss. You will be right at home with everything you see on your computer screen.

I give up COOP, you the man. :notworthy:

Email submitted to PC regarding the alternate movement option, I'll share as soon as I get a response...