• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone like vintage Patek?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
f8dac46190825ffc4b98d319aa8b2cb7.jpg

Mate is this a picture or computer rendition? It's looking awesome. You have some talent for this mate.. Also your technical drawings are amazing.. Do you know yourself how to machine cases etc? Or do you send them to a machining workshop to get them done?

lepetitamericain

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/19
Mate is this a picture or computer rendition? It's looking awesome. You have some talent for this mate.. Also your technical drawings are amazing.. Do you know yourself how to machine cases etc? Or do you send them to a machining workshop to get them done?

Thank you mate! It’s a computer generated rendering of my CAD design. I work with a machinist to have them become real objects. With modern CNC nothing is impossible any more. The big majority of the time goes into the actual design, the machining is relatively quick and automated. I’ll post pictures of the machining process. :)

I might have to have several versions done as my recreation is entirely based on tons of photographs and online information that I am trying to make work for my reworked vintage case.

Last edited:

tifasvr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/14
Reading this thread is like a roller coaster ride. I'm amazed how ubi built my grail watch and then felt disappointed that i would unlikely to source such a dial. My hopes came back on seeing lepetitamericain's project come to fruition and then disappointed that he is an inmate now.

I would have been a customer for sure!

Reactions: swisstswiss

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Reading this thread is like a roller coaster ride. I'm amazed how ubi built my grail watch and then felt disappointed that i would unlikely to source such a dial. My hopes came back on seeing lepetitamericain's project come to fruition and then disappointed that he is an inmate now.

I would have been a customer for sure!

same here... just rediscovered the thread and remembered the progress in the build of a Ref. 530... was also hoping for the possibility of a 130 at a certain point - let the small diameter aside haha

and then this...

swisstswiss

Known Member
3/5/18
Yes also the same to me after this post I searching more info and I found that it was banned...Phong do 1518 case set....anyone buy already this or have a franken 1518?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

tifasvr

14/11/14
Fraken 1518 would be sick but how would someone obtain a dial and movement?

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Genuine Calatrava ref.96 from 1936 given to me as a gift from my father (disregard the strap). I am not wearing the watch since it is not my style, it is kept in the box. It was purchased originally by my grandfther in Switzerland (Beyer shop) and has always been in my family ownership..

tifasvr

14/11/14
Genuine Calatrava ref.96 from 1936 given to me as a gift from my father (disregard the strap). I am not wearing the watch since it is not my style, it is kept in the box. It was purchased originally by my grandfther in Switzerland (Beyer shop) and has always been in my family ownership..

That's Gilt dial and the Beyer stamp is amazing. Never sell it! Keep it in the family.