• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you feel welcomed to RWI when this is your first impression?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
so true
also @Storm. you are able to post in a long form rational after all 😱

#iamtoxic
music video britney spears toxic GIF
It is only an illusion.

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
The first reply to my first post was from eBoy. He outlined what you needed to do to have a good experience here. All the information you need to make good decisions is available with a few clicks.

This is the internet. Full of good folks and dickheads. I don’t worry about getting a reach around. I like it here.

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
This has been very interesting to read. I’ve been back for a week or so and feel welcomed to a certain extent, meaning I realize that it is up to the individual to take the time to read and acquaint themselves with all the great information here.

some threads I start get some response. Others not so much. just take it in stride. i think people forget that relationships, trust and mutual respect take time, particularly when developed online.

i can appreciate that long standing members can get annoyed with newbies asking questions however, newbies are excited and want to learn. Gently pointing them to the right direction vs curt comments goes a lot way. Equally important that newbies take the time to read through past posts and use the search function before posting a thread. Patience vs instant gratification is needed.

community is only as strong as it’s membership. The positive way to view this thread is that it has opened up conversation and reminds everyone that kindness and mutual respect still goes a long way.

thanks for starting this thread.

Pops3434

Known Member
13/7/23
USA
It’s the same on all forums. I’m a member on a number of Ford and Mercedes / AMG forums and you should see the WAR that goes on there….
There is a lot of self entitlement and at the same time also a lot of genuine curiosity. Discerning between them on a screen whilst using your keyboard is in many cases impossible and leads to the inevitable rabbit hole with the usual responses that ensue.

Some people are best served as readers and not responders. Cel La Vie…. You get thick skin after a while and you just move on.
It’s the same on all forums. I’m a member on a number of Ford and Mercedes / AMG forums and you should see the WAR that goes on there….
There is a lot of self entitlement and at the same time also a lot of genuine curiosity. Discerning between them on a screen whilst using your keyboard is in many cases impossible and leads to the inevitable rabbit hole with the usual responses that ensue.

Some people are best served as readers and not responders. Cel La Vie…. You get thick skin after a while and you just move on.
You’re absolutely right about that. I’m a member of a Gibson Les Paul group and some of the members on there are complete jerks. There’s going to be some on every forum.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
This. Fully this.

When you do read through reddit and somebody gets an order messed up or TD doesn't Deliver it's always "go on rwi"

When somebody has genuine questions about "what should I do, this movement is too complicated for me to understand" it's "go to RWI"

We don't allow QC. Yes. A genuine questions about the fault of the watch is not forbidden. But "is my 12 o clock marker crooked" is not a question we want to see.

Also as mentioned, if people come on here, ask who has the best sub, you answer do ya research and then get some teenage rage thrown back at you, that's what you get back.

As @Feefo mentioned, if you cannot handle the echo, don't shout at down the mountain.
You're dead on 💯. If we all welcomed the QC circle jerk we'd be anointed by the Reddit circus. That's all this is all about. But this thread shows how many solid members are here. We won't evaluate your QC pics but the knowledge of our members is where we excel

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
You're dead on 💯. If we all welcomed the QC circle jerk we'd be anointed by the Reddit circus. That's all this is all about. But this thread shows how many solid members are here. We won't evaluate your QC pics but the knowledge of our members is where we excel
Wait a minute, are you serious? That is a tool for QC? I think it's for nipples aligning...

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760 and Storm.