• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you feel welcomed to RWI when this is your first impression?

ImSW1

I Have Learned Many Things! I Can Now Spell Rolex.
Patron
8/10/23
USA - NorCal
What is the best rep available though? asking for a friend :ROFLMAO: He said he's looking for quality better than gen
QC pictures were attached earlier.

Girlfriend Thai GIF

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
On topic:

I never got the @eBoy welcome post when I signed up 😢. It looks like an excellent resource for new members, putting all the "read this first" material in one place. I felt like I had to hunt around for all the "10 Comandments of RWI" and "The Constitution of RWI" and "Read This Or Else of RWI".
I recognize this on-boarding improvement isn't a coincidence. Lots of hard work has gone into making it a pleasant welcoming experience.

Reactions: CF_Stan

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I am pretty new to the forums, as well, and I’d like to give some feedback on this topic, too. I really carefully try to anticipate and to not annoy anyone due to „stupid“ questions by reading LOTS of sticky threads, rules and regulations etc. However, there were occasions when I wasn‘t sure about something and I couldn‘t find any related threads or maybe I was looking for a second opinion on a QC detail or similar. And then it might have happened that some super smart veteran forum member started shitting all over eveything I said, even though I always try my best to be as respectful and kind as possible. I always declare my opinions as opinions and show appreciation to everyone who is participating and willing to help. Seeing groups forming around the one guy who started to give me shit and joining the bashing is what really takes the fun away. The attitude that some people show here on the forums - especially towards newbies - sometimes just isn‘t right imho. I totally understand that one might get upset, if some bellend joins the forums, doesn’t want to put in the effort to read and just asks for the best Sub or whatever. But apart from that I would hope for a bit more kindness and understanding in that sense. And no, it didn‘t hurt my feelings and I didn‘t get upset, since I‘m a grown adult and this is only an online forum by the end of the day. But I am giving my best to have a steady learning curve and be part of the forum and it‘s not great, if some people ruin the whole experience for others. Apart from that, I really enjoy the exchange with those who are willing to help and just are into watches as I do, which luckily is the bigger part of the crowd.
QC posts tend to bring out the worst in some of us regardless of their legitimacy. That being said, it's not right that a new member is made to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome just because they are seeking to expand their knowledge etc..

Anyway... Welcome! Stick around! I think you'll find it, at the very least, entertaining.