• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Diy lume

Rocketeer

Known Member
17/6/08
simonsays said:
sharrkey said:
Cheers Si, whats best for using to apply to the dial & hands

i got a bergeon kit (cant see it on the site now though) which came with a metal applicator which has a tiny spade shape at the end. just pick up the required amount .

si

Otherwise known as a watch oiler. :wink:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Well i ordered Luminous Green Compound from http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/7/0/1132.aspx
& its arrived today, a couple of question.
Its says to dilute with water, but its not come in powder form, its seems to be already diluted, & its bright green.
Does it still need to be diluted?
Whats the best for mixing it with?
Abit concerned about applying at the moment as the dials & watch hands are white and not green, will the luminous compound fade in colour once mixed?
Anyone's help in this is much appreciated....

simonsays

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/08
practice on an old watch to get the right consistancy. i find "double cream" to be about right.

green wont turn to white. you need to buy white lume if thats what you need. it will probably turn a paler green as the water evaporates and the lume "sets". again do some test runs first.

use tip of a scalpel/craft knife to remove the old lume from the hands and then "flow" the new lume in from the back of the hand. this is where getting the consistancy is important.

its all trial and error .. good luck.

si

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have never worked with the waterbased stuff but I heard it's not real good. IMO if your going to practice use something that will be similar to SuperLuminova. This is a powder and mixes with a binder/varnish. My 2Cents anyway.