• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Discussion: Homage Watches – What’s Your Take?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Here was a model I wish I had gotten, its the only non-replica I'm interested in, the SN0111-T, a 40mm Seadweller Chinese "homage",

but..... a watch that is in the sub $350 category with on the fly adjustment, good lume, that level of finishing/polishing on titanium (even electroplated to make it less "grey"), full bracelet, helium escape valve, 300m WR, PT5000 watch. I don't think replicas can even match the price per value.

Ok the branding is not my favorite but still gotta give credit where it's due.

I have been eyeing this a a base for a Sub build. thoughts?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I mean, not this one, but the sub one
I've been out of the sub game for a while so I honestly could not tell you anything about SM anymore. Haha. I'm sure if it's SM it's typically good. Case shape for sure is not the same as any Submariner just be aware. And then there's the SM crown and clasp which you may or may not like. Steel one is cheap ($200ish cheaper on sale) but that's still pretty expensive compared to Raffles

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
San Martin are redefining how a sub £500 (non rep, because we've known for years*) watch can be finished. Jump on YouTube and look for ILikeWatches channel, he's got a Rolex, a soft spot for San Martin and some PROPER macro lens camera.

*I love anti rep talk, apparently a fake watch is a price of unreliable Chinese monkey metal assembled by children and slaves, and at the same time potentially capable of fooling buyers of $10,000 - $100,000 creations of Swiss master craftsmen!
One or the other people, not both!

Last edited: