• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DFW area replica repair?

topslop1

Horology Curious
26/3/21
I've got a GMT 2 that seems to function fine and keep time but the hour hand does not move at all.

I've brought the watch to Watch-doc in DFW area and they said that they could not repair the watch.

Are there any other DFW area replica repair shops that would be willing to work on this watch?

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I've got a GMT 2 that seems to function fine and keep time but the hour hand does not move at all.

I've brought the watch to Watch-doc in DFW area and they said that they could not repair the watch.

Are there any other DFW area replica repair shops that would be willing to work on this watch?
DK Clock Shop. NW corner of Parker & Custer in Plano. Never used them but I went in once and asked if they would work on rep and they said yes. Very small little obscure shop on the west side of the strip mall. If use you them please report back, I'd be interested in if they are any good.

Reactions: Slam89

topslop1

Horology Curious
26/3/21
He is legitimate; older man that knows his watches inside and out. Charged a fair price, turn around time of 2? days?.. got my rep back up and running. A pleasure to deal with and absolute craftsman.

Reactions: Tucker

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
He is legitimate; older man that knows his watches inside and out. Charged a fair price, turn around time of 2? days?.. got my rep back up and running. A pleasure to deal with and absolute craftsman.
Went there today (Monday 7/3) and I could not agree more. I recently bought a VSF Sea Dweller and have had a Deep Sea Pro Hunter (factory unk) that I bought here M2M. I took both of them to him today as I thought they might need cleaning, lubrication, and to have them pressure tested and maybe waterproofed. He opened both of them up and took a look and said both seemed to be clean and didn't need work or anything done. He put both on his timegrapher and they both tested fine. I asked him about waterproofing and he was very honest and told me that neither of them were really for swimming or submersion. He said "If you want a fully waterproof watch, buy one. Even the best reps are not." I appreciated his honesty. Also, when I asked him how much I owed him for checking them out he said "No charge. When you need work done, come back." Could not have been a nicer gentleman. We talked watches a bit and I left. He is now my go to guy in Dallas.

Reactions: emdeevee and SamiJ

topslop1

Horology Curious
26/3/21
Went there today (Monday 7/3) and I could not agree more. I recently bought a VSF Sea Dweller and have had a Deep Sea Pro Hunter (factory unk) that I bought here M2M. I took both of them to him today as I thought they might need cleaning, lubrication, and to have them pressure tested and maybe waterproofed. He opened both of them up and took a look and said both seemed to be clean and didn't need work or anything done. He put both on his timegrapher and they both tested fine. I asked him about waterproofing and he was very honest and told me that neither of them were really for swimming or submersion. He said "If you want a fully waterproof watch, buy one. Even the best reps are not." I appreciated his honesty. Also, when I asked him how much I owed him for checking them out he said "No charge. When you need work done, come back." Could not have been a nicer gentleman. We talked watches a bit and I left. He is now my go to guy in Dallas.

Yep, I saw him work on a woman's watch in front of me and he just whipped the winding wheel super fast over a piece of equipment and got it working again. I think he took like $15 from her and it was for a different watch she was picking up. Good dude, glad you think so too, cheers and happy 4th.

karnold5612

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/23
USA
Do you have contact information on this shop? I am in Oklahoma City so I wwould mail mine to him. Does he have a website?

TJM1130

Horology Curious
13/1/23
Dallas, TX
Decided to try DK clock shop for the first time on Saturday. Hidden away on the side of a strip mall, the shop is nondescript, and full of clocks of every kind. Don is an older guy, and a man of few words, but seems to know his stuff. I brought in three watches. FIrst, I had him replace the battery in a 33 year old Movado Museum watch. $15. Fair enough. Then I gave him my 60's era Hamilton with a damaged xtal and detatched second hand. He put it on the timegrapher in front of me and it came back with about +4/236/1.3. No service required he said, and $85 to repair the xtal and reattach the hands and clean up the case. No argument. THEN I gave him the replika. My BRF IWC Bronze Big Pilot with a stripped crown. Told him it wasnt what it appeared to be and it was Chinese with an asian 2824. He looked at it and said it would be difficult to repair the threads. I said "how about we just shorten the stem and forget about the screw down, I dont car about the water resistance." OK he says, take the watch to the bench and opens it up. Five minutes later hands it back to me with a shortened stem, looking A-OK. $15, he says. No shit. I was a happy camper. I'm picking up the Hamilton today, and leaving him with my 1973 Gen Omega which does need a full service ($185, ridiculously fair).

2 Thumbs up for DK Clock shop!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Decided to try DK clock shop for the first time on Saturday. Hidden away on the side of a strip mall, the shop is nondescript, and full of clocks of every kind. Don is an older guy, and a man of few words, but seems to know his stuff. I brought in three watches. FIrst, I had him replace the battery in a 33 year old Movado Museum watch. $15. Fair enough. Then I gave him my 60's era Hamilton with a damaged xtal and detatched second hand. He put it on the timegrapher in front of me and it came back with about +4/236/1.3. No service required he said, and $85 to repair the xtal and reattach the hands and clean up the case. No argument. THEN I gave him the replika. My BRF IWC Bronze Big Pilot with a stripped crown. Told him it wasnt what it appeared to be and it was Chinese with an asian 2824. He looked at it and said it would be difficult to repair the threads. I said "how about we just shorten the stem and forget about the screw down, I dont car about the water resistance." OK he says, take the watch to the bench and opens it up. Five minutes later hands it back to me with a shortened stem, looking A-OK. $15, he says. No shit. I was a happy camper. I'm picking up the Hamilton today, and leaving him with my 1973 Gen Omega which does need a full service ($185, ridiculously fair).

2 Thumbs up for DK Clock shop!
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official front desk team!

You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New members say hi" section or because I spotted one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself.

Great story and it's not surprising that this is an older guy. Unfortunately the "hands on / less blah blah" kinda old timers are an almost extinct breed.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections) as they contain information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules!

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

[This is NOT an automated message, despite it being a standard text. Replies will be read by an actual human!]

extrememike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/21
Do you have contact information on this shop? I am in Oklahoma City so I wwould mail mine to him. Does he have a website?
Hello,

Were you able to work with DC Shop in DFW by mailing your watch? I'm in OKC as well and I'm looking to service the rotor on my ZF FiftySix Complete Calendar.