• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DEALERS RATINGS - The results are in

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Thanks to all those who helped by answering the two polls:

POLL 1: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48991
POLL 2: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48992&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The results are now in for the period from January 22 to 1 February:

Untitled.jpg

NOTE: This is not an extremely trustworthy or reliable rating of our dealers. There are many errors that could have skewed the results, including bogus votes from people holding grudges, and other forms of vote manipulations. It is also based on polls taken over a small period of time but based on a larger time frame. Some dealers may also have gone through a rough patch in the last couple of weeks due to personal issues etc, so their ratings may reflect that but not be representative of that dealer's performance over a longer period of time. And so forth...

Basically, I just want to make sure that people, and especially noobies, understand that they shouldn't base their decision of whether to use a dealer or not purely based on these ratings. These are merely indicative, and designed more to motivate dealers to be customer oriented, rather than to guide our own decision making.

As a reminder, the score is loosely based on the net promoter principle, which is derived from a net worth formula applied to a seller's customers. The score reflects the percentage difference between a dealer's promoters versus detractors, relative to all votes for that dealer. Formally, I used the following formula: Y=((P*100)/P+N)-((N*100)/P+N). This is not necessarily a very scientific or bullet-proof method, but it's a start. It also takes into consideration to some extent differences in transaction numbers, size of the customer base, and other factors.

Feel free to comment, and in particular to let us know whether you agree or disagree with these results etc. But above all, congrats to our top dealers! It's truly great having you here, and we hope you'll continue to set a good example for all the dealers.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Well done Rooster, every little bit helps, thanks for taking the time for us all... :D

boo

Known Member
3/5/08
Excellent! I hope dealers with negative ratings take notice. I'm especially sad to see Ruby with a low rating, but I can't say with 100% conviction that it isn't justified.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I find these result very interesting, not that I am surprised by the results, just that most of the people seemed to see it as I have recently. I too hope that some of the dealers on the bottom of the list will take this as an opportunity to turn things around with the buying membership. Most of them have been long term dealers that have been traditionally well liked and well thought of. Thanks for the effort you put into this Rooster, it is much appreciated.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
intresting, indeed.

of course, this survey shows a certain tendency ....and there is truth in it.

i am shocked to see how deep Ruby has fallen. and i thought Dvsn would be a bit better.

and i am also amazed how Pamfried has scored. and Angus.....

D4M and Hont .....just like my personal experience..... way top.

i also hope some certain dealers will try to see that as a warning shot.

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
I would like to say Thank You too.

I know that this will make it a lot easier for new people to choose a dealer.

Anne-marie

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Interesting. Pamfried won't be happy :) Congrats D4M, Tony, Hont etc.
Would be interesting to have had Jandrew on there as well as a few more like Eurotimez but understand you kept it to "trusted" dealers.
Thanks for the effort.

Col.

D

d4m.test

Thank You Rooster! This puts "some' info where there was none before, & it will help in many differant ways. People just need to decide how to use it positivly, that is the the way it was meant to be used, eh?

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Thanks guys, glad you found this interesting. I too am surprised by some of the results. I hope Ruby will get back to business as usual - she was one of my favourite dealers and it's sad to see her drop so low. Pamfried too was a bit of a surprise. While I think I dealt with him only once, I thought he was a fine person to do business with. No, he won't be happy about these results... let's just blame it on some methodological error, ok? Definitely no surprises at the top for me. Some in the middle, I guess. But here's an interesting question: we often complain about drop shipping. But the man at the top is a drop shipper... So I guess we don't care so much after all?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
But the man at the top is a drop shipper... So I guess we don't care so much after all?

Ahh yes but he is a dropshipper who:

1/ makes it plain he dropships.

2/ can be relied upon 100% to do somthing about it if there are real issues with the piece you recive.

3/ genuinely cares about the people he deals with and will bend over backwards to put things right.

4/ and most importantly, is dirt cheap! :)

Dropshipper or not, how could you go wrong?

I'd still like to see some other dealers worked into this to paint a more complete picture.

Regards, Col.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
trailboss99 said:
But the man at the top is a drop shipper... So I guess we don't care so much after all?

Ahh yes but he is a dropshipper who:

1/ makes it plain he dropships.

2/ can be relied upon 100% to do somthing about it if there are real issues with the piece you recive.

3/ genuinely cares about the people he deals with and will bend over backwards to put things right.

4/ and most importantly, is dirt cheap! :)

Dropshipper or not, how could you go wrong?

I'd still like to see some other dealers worked into this to paint a more complete picture.

Regards, Col.

So true. Well said.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
OMG this is fantastic. No poll is ever 100% but to me it speaks volumes. People do stumble and it would be really interesting to see the frequency and duration of those stumbles. So time will tell. Rooster, thanks a million and I will surely bring this up to the Admin to maybe have some sort of sticky for this. No one else has it that I am aware of so keep it here I say. :wink:

Regards,

Rob

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
R2D4 said:
OMG this is fantastic. No poll is ever 100% but to me it speaks volumes. People do stumble and it would be really interesting to see the frequency and duration of those stumbles. So time will tell. Rooster, thanks a million and I will surely bring this up to the Admin to maybe have some sort of sticky for this. No one else has it that I am aware of so keep it here I say. :wink:

Regards,

Rob

Rob, thanks mate. So glad to have produced something useful to the community. Would be happy to help by making this something regular (e.g., quarterly, bi-monthly, or whatever).

And of course, glad to see a sleazy (or should I say suave??) watch-wearing rooster in your avatar!! :lol:

Roo

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Great job here and kudos to the dancing chicken. If I were just starting out here I would give a hard look to all the dealers in the plus column. Makes it pretty simple choosing.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
horologie_unitas said:
rooster,

whenever i see your avatar, i think you are WBK.

ya that was WBK's avatar for a long time...I get out of breath watching it.

Where has WBK been anyway. He used to be the Walmart of replica's.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
LOL, we should have an avatar trading section too... :p Wonder why WBK had a rooster (or is it a friggen chicken??) as his avatar...
Anyway, hope you're happy with the new avatar... No chicken or rooster... perhaps just a rep dealer from the far east stunned by a customer's assets...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Where has WBK been anyway. He used to be the Walmart of replica's.
He's here. In fact he has a clearence sale this weekend. A big one by all acounts.

Col.

replica80

Known Member
1/9/08
Thanks for the ratings rooster133 :)

Even though everyone has their own experience with the dealers, it's good to have this benchmark to compare them by. Think it would be a good idea to do this on a regular basis, both for the members and the dealers. Cheers :)