• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DAYTONA comparison (Valjoux 72 vs Cartel)

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
V5wWsD.jpg

Here's a pic of the gold wrapped 6263 with JPS dial.

Edit: I don't know why it's rotated like that, it was uploaded straight. But anyway, you can see the details.

Last edited:

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
V5wWsD.jpg

Here's a pic of the gold wrapped 6263 with JPS dial.

Edit: I don't know why it's rotated like that, it was uploaded straight. But anyway, you can see the details.

That's the dream man :( cartel apparently doesn't produce any more ST19 gold models. I really wanted a JPS 6241 with a gold jubilee

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Damn, this is soo good.. If you are selling this I am here to buy, else please guide me to the person who can build a similar one for me.. Thanks

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread with such a lengthy post, but here are the specs:

Parts:
- Case: Cartel 6263 Case w/ asymmetric pushers, extensively modified & re-shaped to gen specs
- Movement: Venus 175 Copy [Manual Wind Chronograph Movement], modified to accept gen-spec dial
- Dial: Custom made Oman Dial from Vietnam w/ Genuine Coronet (v72 dial with correct subdial spacing!)
- Bezel: High Quality Black Flat-S Bezel from Vietnam
- Crown: Genuine Rolex 703 Crown + Clark's 703 Tube
- Hands: Custom thin sub-dial hands, look just like Phong/Gen Hands
- Crystal: Clark's Tropic 21 Domed Acrylic Crystal
- Bracelet: Genuine Rolex 7835 folded link bracelet with genuine endlinks
- Springbars: Gen-spec 19mm spring bars

The case was significantly re-shaped to gen specs and modified to allow for a gen-spec flat-s bezel to be installed. In order to get this case to gen specs, about 1mm of metal had to be removed from the sides of the case and they were shaped to a nice convex profile. The lugs have also been re-shaped from the top to have the correct shape/profile.

And here are the pics:

V5oYkK.png

V5oTK2.jpg

V5ohYd.jpg

V5odDe.jpg

V5ojcZ.jpg

V5oHaR.jpg

V5oXPg.jpg

V5oOyA.jpg

V5otLQ.jpg

V5o4Ka.jpg

V5oakf.jpg

V5omhy.jpg

V5oAcG.jpg

V5oBgp.jpg

V5wDaq.jpg

V5wZ1s.jpg

V5w6Lh.jpg

V5wKW0.jpg

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Damn, this is soo good.. If you are selling this I am here to buy, else please guide me to the person who can build a similar one for me.. Thanks

I don't think I'll ever sell it, as all of my 6263s. I bought this from slay , he makes these incredible builds with the best parts available. Unfortunately, as far as I know, those vietnam/MQ parts are now much harder to source, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
I have lived in Vietnam for over 5 years and it is not really hard to buy the parts from the right source. My Vietnamese source(highly trusted) sent me tons of available stocks pictures.. I am posting 1/10th of what he has given me the options...

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I have lived in Vietnam for over 5 years and it is not really hard to buy the parts from the right source. My Vietnamese source(highly trusted) sent me tons of available stocks pictures.. I am posting 1/10th of what he has given me the options...

What is the purpose of this post, all these photos of parts ?

Why did he send you 'tons of available stock pics' ? RWI is not some sort of eBay for aftermarket & replica parts - you understand that don't you ?

You have lived in Vietnam , or you used to live in Vietnam - which is it , as there's a difference .

Reactions: cpd2186

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
What is the purpose of this post, all these photos of parts ?

Why did he send you 'tons of available stock pics' ? RWI is not some sort of eBay for aftermarket & replica parts - you understand that don't you ?

You have lived in Vietnam , or you used to live in Vietnam - which is it , as there's a difference .

Was planning to build couple of pieces for myself, these pics are some of the options he gave me.. I was undecided as I wasn't able to visualise the final product. I posted this just to say how easy is to buy the Vietnam parts now than before and I don't own any of them.. As per the current demand, supply side has picked up in Vietnam and there are several manufacturers based in Saigon, Hanoi and Nha Trang already. And I do clearly understand that this isn't Ebay and there is no sale happening.

Last part, I used to live there and do have lots of friends who are still living there.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
hi mate

one question

in your opinion its possible to install v72 in cartel case?

Certainly not - unless you smash it into little pieces with a hammer first.

toto-rwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/12/09
Certainly not - unless you smash it into little pieces with a hammer first.

V72 is 29.5mm of diameter
Seagull is 31.3mm of diameteri

therefore they have different heights and the stem or pusher have wrong positions?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
V72 is 29.5mm of diameter
Seagull is 31.3mm of diameteri

therefore they have different heights and the stem or pusher have wrong positions?

They are different colors - that's why it won't fit.

toto-rwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/12/09
I don't want to assemble a daytona, mine was a simple technical curiosity!
i wanted to understand if a v72 would fit into a cartel case.
and if it does not enter why!

anyway thanks a lot for the reply