• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona ARF, Noob V1 and Noob v2 2018 Dial and Bezel Analysis

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Index also are better now! SEL seem very good from pics. If only Noob could go back to the 2011/2012 dial font, both for ROLEX and DAYTONA writiing...

UVqLy.jpg

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Anyway there is something strange with rehault height, maybe it’s only the camera angle

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Would you please post here how you automatically referenced my pics? Or, I will just have to search and find the way. A pity ^c ^v doesnt work any more.

You simply need to click on "share" tab on picr.me and copy the URL of the image into the URL field of the forum interface to add images (click on the image icon)

Reactions: r0b9502

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You simply need to click on "share" tab on picr.me and copy the URL of the image into the URL field of the forum interface to add images (click on the image icon)

Thanks. I was advised yesterday to post the BBcode, which works. But I will try this method too now.

Nothing works now. I am sure tripdog has blocked something!

Closeup with leather strap. I am happy with this combination, although I had purchased the strap in advance to order a panda. These sels from the leather strap have not even a fraction of mm play. Ideally, for this model, the center portion of sels has to be polished. And the sels are designed so the strap does not lie flat in a case when folded. But then, I realize :eek:fftopic:, complaining about the strap and not the watch.

https://www.picr.me/image/URvfD

My wife thinks this is a ladies watch even though she says she wont wear it :(

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks. I was advised yesterday to post the BBcode, which works. But I will try this method too now.

Nothing works now. I am sure tripdog has blocked something!

Closeup with leather strap. I am happy with this combination, although I had purchased the strap in advance to order a panda. These sels from the leather strap have not even a fraction of mm play. Ideally, for this model, the center portion of sels has to be polished. And the sels are designed so the strap does not lie flat in a case when folded. But then, I realize :eek:fftopic:, complaining about the strap and not the watch.

https://www.picr.me/image/URvfD

My wife thinks this is a ladies watch even though she says she wont wear it :(

Why are you determined to make everything difficult ?

I scrolled down on your image, clicked on 'Embed codes', I went to 'Full Image' (second block down), put the cursor over BBCode then clicked on 'Copy'. It really is very very simple - I'm sure a small child could do it.

URbJ0.jpg

Reactions: hibee999

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Thanks buddy. What I had forgotten from 1st attempt is I had to just put the bbcode link here. I was trying to click on the "attach image" icon on the top and filling the bbcode there. This works now.

Even old dogs will remember a new trick eventually. :woo:

URWF6.jpg

ggrep

Looking Around
11/10/18
Wonderful Review!
Just purchased a 904L noob 116500LN & was wondering if anyone knew which modders are able to do a shave down dial swap and bezel swap from ARF version.
Thank you!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Wonderful Review!
Just purchased a 904L noob 116500LN & was wondering if anyone knew which modders are able to do a shave down dial swap and bezel swap from ARF version.
Thank you!

read the forum Rolex section

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: MrBeasy

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
read the forum Rolex section

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

All of it ? That's a lot - but it'll do him good to read - good for the brain.

Reactions: MrBeasy

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
it seems like Noob just uses the white dial again for 904L too without correct the flaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Update:

e160a02d2ef9d5f2d93cecd7efbed0b1.jpg

Dial lettering

Most important part of the dial, the bit you look at first 99% of the time

Noob - ROLEX lettering completely wrong, specifically the RO.
LEX is actually ok, so not much for noob to do to elevate this to a 7 really - 3/10
ARF - spacing under oyster perpetual too thick, lettering far more accurate but R still not right - 7/10

cbdf62388732bddd254387f1c6addc81.jpg

Subdials - practically the same, noob groove is a little too pronounced, ARF is not really visible and on the whole subdial not just the outer

Noob - 7/10
ARF - 5.5/10

Reactions: racingeagle

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Can you plz compare ARF V1 and V2 dial?

ARF V1 and V2 dial are more or less identical on 116500. Only difference is the numerals on the Subdials are closer to the inner edge on v1.

I could not find any difference in v1 vs v2 on 116520.

e4f97aacfb01b2f5cc8725320f55bbc5.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020