• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] ARF Daytona V2 Panda Dial

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
Just ordered this, here are the QC pictures.

To me, it seems as if the bezel is mis-aligned counter-clockwise. Am I correct or seeing things? Besides that it seems fine to GL.

PBgMbyA.jpg

p6yZcxz.jpg

JgkDnR2.jpg

3amw25W.jpg

1DFXwG7.jpg

RwL6L9J.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The pic needs to be dead centered to tell for sure but it definitely looks off to me, and not by a tiny amount. Fixing that is not something for anyone but a skilled modder/watchmaker, you risk cracking the bezel on both the removal and the reinstall. I would not want mine to look like that nor would I want the hassle of fixing it right away.

This is what a correctly aligned bezel looks like for comparison.

You could ask for a clearer straight on closeup and explain your concern. You can't fake a pic or use an angle to make it look aligned if it's not.

SLdoQ.jpg
​​​​​​

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
The pic needs to be dead centered to tell for sure but it definitely looks off to me, and not by a tiny amount. Fixing that is not something for anyone but a skilled modder/watchmaker, you risk cracking the bezel on both the removal and the reinstall. I would not want mine to look like that nor would I want the hassle of fixing it right away.

This is what a correctly aligned bezel looks like for comparison.

You could ask for a clearer straight on closeup and explain your concern. You can't fake a pic or use an angle to make it look aligned if it's not.
​​​​​​

I am trying to get them to redlight. I didn't notice this until after I GL earlier this morning. Hopefully they will cancel and show me another example. I used TrustyTime.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Ye that’s a common ARF problem.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Just pop it off and put it back correctly. No rocket science, just need to be careful not breaking the ceramic

The Tourist

27/3/14
@hammerschlag
Please read the next 15 (or so) posts from that on: https://forum.replica-watch.info/showthread.php?p=7367890
I had the same problem with my ARF V2 QC. As guru, KJ2020, and others also already confirmed, this unfortunately seems to be common. Also I'm hesitant to believe, that a realignment of such a faulty bezel is even possible, since the reason is a misplacement of the bezel markers on the bezel itself. In other words, if you would align the 120 marker correctly, other markers e.g. the 240 would be off... and so on. IMO the only solutions are either QC pics of a new watch and hope for the best, or you could put a Noob bezel on your watch after you got it. Just my 2c.

Sent from the RWI App

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
I’ve bought ARF’s and Noob’s and both had this problem. Honestly man, once you get the watch and put it in, you won’t even notice it. We tend to see these QC pics and freak out over little things like this “I’ve done it too.” Once it’s on your wrist though, you won’t even notice.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
Thank you for the replies guys. I RL'd the first one and they sent me this one. What do you think? I feel like it's worse than the first one. The bezel writing seems much, much darker, still not perfectly centered too. SELs seem fine but crown and pushers look to have less polish than the first one. I have 24hrs to decide.

IMG-3648.jpg
IMG-3642.jpg
IMG-3643.jpg
IMG-3644.jpg
IMG-3645.jpg
IMG-3646.jpg
IMG-3647.jpg

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
Should I RL again? Or choose between the two considering the bezel issue is on both. Don't want to go through the hassle of refunding but also don't want to get screwed over. Thanks again so much for the help guys.

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
@hammerschlag
Please read the next 15 (or so) posts from that on: https://forum.replica-watch.info/sho....php?p=7367890
I had the same problem with my ARF V2 QC. As guru, KJ2020, and others also already confirmed, this unfortunately seems to be common. Also I'm hesitant to believe, that a realignment of such a faulty bezel is even possible, since the reason is a misplacement of the bezel markers on the bezel itself. In other words, if you would align the 120 marker correctly, other markers e.g. the 240 would be off... and so on. IMO the only solutions are either QC pics of a new watch and hope for the best, or you could put a Noob bezel on your watch after you got it. Just my 2c.

Sent from the RWI App

I see, hopefully it doesn't seem too poorly misaligned in person. I wouldn't imagine it would be too glaring. Noob has a better bezel? I thought that ARF was a bit better generally. Thank you again.

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
I think I'm going to ask the TD to send the first one as it seems that it has better finishing. Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully they will do it I don't want to jerk them around but then again for $500 it should be pretty spot on. Thanks guys.

gpvecchi

4/7/12
It doesn't look a V2 to me. The numbers on the subdials are correctly toward the center in V1, while they are in the center of the black line in V2.

hammerschlag

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Zurich
BUMP going to try and GL the second one. TD says there is paint and the photos are just poor lighting, but it clearly looks like the bezel on the second one is missing paint. What do you guys think? Thank you!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think they purposely sent poor quality pics so you can't see flaws well. The pic I posted above is 300 KB file size, so I don't think it's a bandwidth conservation effort. Problem with that is you also can't see things you should see like paint in the insert markers.

ARF puts out good quality products overall. I would not worry about any of the things you mentioned regarding finish - properly painted markers, polished pushers, etc. I would be shocked if all that wasn't a given and you are just seeing things that aren't there. Dirt and smudges are nothing to worry about.

The bezel looks no different to me than the other one which means either they are all that way or you are seeing more pics of the same watch. I even went back to compare the 2 timegrapher pics, they are close. Trusty can be sticklers for pushing their stock. They are not a TD here, so you won't get any help on the transaction whatever happens.

The bezel(s) I see in your pics is not like some I've seen, yours could be rotated about 1 - 1.5 minutes clockwise and all the numbers align, or be close enough you would never think twice about it. I know it would bother me. 500 bucks and they can't align a bezel? I would send them a pic with some lines on it like you posted above and hold out for a better one. It's either that or pay a modder to fix it for you. I stood my ground with Trusty on a QC issue and it got a little uncomfortable, in the end I got a better watch. They will tell you it's just a rep, dont nit-pick it to death, etc.

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I think they purposely sent poor quality pics so you can't see flaws well. The pic I posted above is 300 KB file size, so I don't think it's a bandwidth conservation effort. Problem with that is you also can't see things you should see like paint in the insert markers.

ARF puts out good quality products overall. I would not worry about any of the things you mentioned regarding finish - properly painted markers, polished pushers, etc. I would be shocked if all that wasn't a given and you are just seeing things that aren't there. Dirt and smudges are nothing to worry about.

The bezel looks no different to me than the other one which means either they are all that way or you are seeing more pics of the same watch. I even went back to compare the 2 timegrapher pics, they are close. Trusty can be sticklers for pushing their stock. They are not a TD here, so you won't get any help on the transaction whatever happens.

The bezel(s) I see in your pics is not like some I've seen, yours could be rotated about 1 - 1.5 minutes clockwise and all the numbers align, or be close enough you would never think twice about it. I know it would bother me. 500 bucks and they can't align a bezel? I would send them a pic with some lines on it like you posted above and hold out for a better one. It's either that or pay a modder to fix it for you. I stood my ground with Trusty on a QC issue and it got a little uncomfortable, in the end I got a better watch. They will tell you it's just a rep, dont nit-pick it to death, etc.

Is it me or did arf updated the sub dial thickness?
this 2 qc pics show very gen like thickness of sub ring, arf usually is skinnier.

Reactions: ssouthall6