• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust Factory recommendation - 2022

Roy69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22
Good evening fellow members and experts.

After having lurked around for a bit finally decided to buy a rep rolex and after reading multiple posts, threads I can confidently say that I am confused ????

I have a small 6.25 inch wrist and would have to settle for the 36mm model. The Fluted Bezel Datejust with jubilee is what I want to get and I have already read the following thread and looked at a couple of the TD websites for stock availability.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pxdzn9/guide_who_makes_the_best_watch_model_factory/

The Black / Grey dials seem to be a safe bet compared to the blue, through I am open to the blue ‘if’ a near perfect one currently exists!

I have zeroed down on the following variants based on availability;

GMF:
https://jtime.io/us/datejust-36-ss-126234-gmf-best-edition-904l-steel-gray-dial-lume-markers-on-jubilee-bracelet-sa3235.html

BP:

https://www.intime06.co/rollie/6828...ew-version-blue-dial-on-jubilee-bracelet.html

https://www.intime06.co/rollie/6827...w-version-black-dial-on-jubilee-bracelet.html

The 2 TDs on the list are JTIME and INTIME

Please feel free to share your thoughts about these factories, better color variants and best 1:1 available on the market right now. Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome!

chats

25/8/13
waiting for answers as well. looking for the date just 36. was interested with the palm dial, but 100% sure the green hue and shades will never be close to gen i think. it wont as popular as the sub and other models :)

Reactions: Roy69

Roy69

29/6/22
waiting for answers as well. looking for the date just 36. was interested with the palm dial, but 100% sure the green hue and shades will never be close to gen i think. it wont as popular as the sub and other models :)

I echo your thought 100%, from research it appears VSF made the best models but 36mm seem such a rare commodity these days coupled with the fact that VSF stock is nearly non-existent with regard to the DJ

Roy69

29/6/22
ARF and DJF are considered the best currently. BP and GMF offer good value for the money though.
Read this:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...us-of-the-datejust-36mm-reviews-and-offerings

Thank you very much for the extensive research. I am having a tough time finding a ARF or DJF 36mm fluted bezel jubilee Datejust with TDs currently, doesn’t look like most have this in stock. If you come across any please feel free to share the link. My budget is up to 1k.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Thank you very much for the extensive research. I am having a tough time finding a ARF or DJF 36mm fluted bezel jubilee Datejust with TDs currently, doesn’t look like most have this in stock. If you come across any please feel free to share the link. My budget is up to 1k.

That sounds strange. Did you use our TD list here on rwi? Always use the links you get here to avoid scams, anything else isn't trusted. Last time I looked ARF and JDF were available at jtime, intime, puretime, trusty. And that's just were I looked for the sake of research, I think every td can source you one if you tell him what you want. The only heads up I can give you is that arf and DJF only make ref. 116234 (the old dj version with the reilroad minute track) and that some td offer V1 versions at the same price as V3.
If I was to choose between just arf or djf I would probably go for the latter because it offers an ETA clone movement, albeit only blue and silver, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet versions. Limited choice right there.
Overall, I'd consider either GMF or BP, newer 126234 reference, ETA clones, Jubilee options available, decent quality. But then, maybe I'd wait to see if clean or VSF make a 36mm...

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Roy69 Roy I just picked an ARF 116234 with fluted bezel on jubilee up from Jtime, trusted dealer here. His only comment was that ARF don't make the oyster bracelet anymore. So jubilee it must be. But I'm suprised you've been told there hasn't been stock. You can get an absolutely beautiful watch for a fraction of your budget! ;D Join the gang.

Roy69

29/6/22
That sounds strange. Did you use our TD list here on rwi? Always use the links you get here to avoid scams, anything else isn't trusted. Last time I looked ARF and JDF were available at jtime, intime, puretime, trusty. And that's just were I looked for the sake of research, I think every td can source you one if you tell him what you want. The only heads up I can give you is that arf and DJF only make ref. 116234 (the old dj version with the reilroad minute track) and that some td offer V1 versions at the same price as V3.
If I was to choose between just arf or djf I would probably go for the latter because it offers an ETA clone movement, albeit only blue and silver, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet versions. Limited choice right there.
Overall, I'd consider either GMF or BP, newer 126234 reference, ETA clones, Jubilee options available, decent quality. But then, maybe I'd wait to see if clean or VSF make a 36mm...

Thank you, yes I have been checking them and most only seem to have the 11 and not the 12 version.

1st choice is definitely GMF after seeing QC pics and videos and reddit threads, but looks like the current stock in the TD list only carries the smooth bezel version of the GMF 36 and not the fluted version.

I have sent PMs and emails to some of the TDs asking if they can source this, hopefully I will have a response soon.

2nd choice is BP purely because of the model availability and also I have been reading that GMF and BP are sister factories and have fewer QC issues overall.

Roy69

29/6/22
Roy69 Roy I just picked an ARF 116234 with fluted bezel on jubilee up from Jtime, trusted dealer here. His only comment was that ARF don't make the oyster bracelet anymore. So jubilee it must be. But I'm suprised you've been told there hasn't been stock. You can get an absolutely beautiful watch for a fraction of your budget! ;D Join the gang.

Congrats on your purchase! Please post pics when you get it!

Roy69

29/6/22
I should add that the TDs dont seem to have stock of the black dial with stick markers + fluted bezel + jubilee.

most seem to carry the grey dial (not produced by Rolex) or the roman/blue/silver/white dials.

If Stock is an issue I’d have to either go for GMF white dial or BP black dial

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Decisions, decisions... Hope you find what you're looking for and then post it!
As Kerushi, I'm also surprised of these stock limitations, wondering if that means that they "discontinued" the 116234 and will soon come out with new models...? Would be nice if someone with factory connections could chime in with news / possible rumors about next 36mm batches.

Roy69

29/6/22
Guys, shortly after I wrote here I decided to carefully scan each of the TD websites for the model and guess what, I found the GMF black dial 36mm fluted DJ with jubilee hiding in a corner at PureTime. I immediately finalized the purchase :) total with tracked shipping came up to $396.

I will be tracking the status in the PureTime thread and will definitely need your help with the QC etc!

thanks for your time everyone!

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Congratulations! Happy to help down the line but remember QC rules or you'll get flamed. And, post your watch when it's arrived!
Ah and, don't get impatient now, the whole process can take a bit until you have it in your hands. I rather enjoy the trepidation of waiting but some people will send threatening mails to the TDs and open tickets wildly here hours after placing the order: that won't take you anywhere apart identifying you as a first class pain in the ass...

Roy69

29/6/22
Congratulations! Happy to help down the line but remember QC rules or you'll get flamed. And, post your watch when it's arrived!
Ah and, don't get impatient now, the whole process can take a bit until you have it in your hands. I rather enjoy the trepidation of waiting but some people will send threatening mails to the TDs and open tickets wildly here hours after placing the order: that won't take you anywhere apart identifying you as a first class pain in the ass...
Thank you! Apparently the payment failed the 1st time so they asked me to place the order again which I did right away, now the wait begins!

I read the QC rules in the newbie thread, wondering if there is a particular subforum for QC or if we can post a new thread in the flame free zone?

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
You know, I don't know if there's a specific QC section. I think not, have seen QC queries posted everywhere. You can use the flame free zone (new thread) or you can also use this same thread or other threads dedicated to the model in question (existing threads). More visited threads will probably give you more "visibility". But the flame free zone I'm sure is regularly visited by experienced members who are happy to help, too. Just don't post the same query more than once in multiple threads, that practice is frowned upon.
If you choose another thread than this, just make sure you tell (me) here, I'm curious to see! :D

Roy69

29/6/22
You know, I don't know if there's a specific QC section. I think not, have seen QC queries posted everywhere. You can use the flame free zone (new thread) or you can also use this same thread or other threads dedicated to the model in question (existing threads). More visited threads will probably give you more "visibility". But the flame free zone I'm sure is regularly visited by experienced members who are happy to help, too. Just don't post the same query more than once in multiple threads, that practice is frowned upon.
If you choose another thread than this, just make sure you tell (me) here, I'm curious to see! :D

Will definitely do, thank you! After VSF, GMF is supposed to make the best DJs especially the 36. Hope everything goes smoothly!

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
You can only post QC pics if you have a specific issue with the watch. You can not post pics and ask for members to give their opinion on the watch.

Reactions: Roy69 and P..DR..D

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Yes from what I've seen, GMF started silently and steadily gained appreciation. I can't judge if it's better than ARF or DJF but I'm sure that it's a more than decent rep. Look, my first buy was an OP36mm BP. Generally viewed as mid-tier. I was over the moon for the quality. I simply didn't expect it to be so good. Followed by an explorer 1 39mm BP. Also very happy.
If you're not, then what the hell, that's why there's an M2M sales section. I reckon a sizeable amount of members buy more than one factory and then keep the one they like most, selling the rest.