• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust Factory recommendation - 2022

Roy69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22
Yes from what I've seen, GMF started silently and steadily gained appreciation. I can't judge if it's better than ARF or DJF but I'm sure that it's a more than decent rep. Look, my first buy was an OP36mm BP. Generally viewed as mid-tier. I was over the moon for the quality. I simply didn't expect it to be so good. Followed by an explorer 1 39mm BP. Also very happy.
If you're not, then what the hell, that's why there's an M2M sales section. I reckon a sizeable amount of members buy more than one factory and then keep the one they like most, selling the rest.

True, the explorer II is amazing as well. Iv seen s few versions now from different factories and cant say which one makes it best, looks like ARF or BP have close competition. The M2M section definitely helps, but hope it doesn’t get to it.

On another note, I am actually on the waitlist at 2 different ADs for the DJ black dial but the sales rep told me she cannot guarantee the specific make and specs nor can they give an exact time frame so I will wear my rep until that comes along lol

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
On another note, I am actually on the waitlist at 2 different ADs for the DJ black dial but the sales rep told me she cannot guarantee the specific make and specs nor can they give an exact time frame so I will wear my rep until that comes along lol

Don't tell me about it. I'm on the waiting list, too. For an Explorer 1 (36mm) and even for a tudor bb58. That's just crazy, and actually one of the reasons I'm here. And actually, I like the OP rep so much I want to get on that waiting list as well. That's almost my perfect watch. Timeless beauty. If the saying "less is more" had to be an object, it would be the rolex oyster perpetual.

Reactions: Roy69

Roy69

29/6/22
Don't tell me about it. I'm on the waiting list, too. For an Explorer 1 (36mm) and even for a tudor bb58. That's just crazy, and actually one of the reasons I'm here. And actually, I like the OP rep so much I want to get on that waiting list as well. That's almost my perfect watch. Timeless beauty. If the saying "less is more" had to be an object, it would be the rolex oyster perpetual.

100%

Nothing like the OP, classic watch that goes with any attire. I would love to have one in my collection someday, but will start with the Gen DJ first. The price has reduced by about $400 recently owing to the global inflation.

This article is a good read:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/rolex-prices-mid-2022-smartest-buy/

Reactions: jp13abk

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Thanks. I must say I always take fratello's articles with a grain of salt, of all the watch enthusiast magazines to me it is the one which makes the most blatant advertisement. Never seen negative opinions on fratello...

Roy69

29/6/22
Update: received a message from TD PureTime that the payment is confirmed and that it might take 2-3 weeks to source the watch from the factory :(

Hopefully they are being conservative in their estimate because I have read recent reviews on other forums and reddit that Mirotime and Geektime were able to source the product and send QC pics within 2 days of placing the order and delivered within 3 weeks.

I am in no particular hurry for now and dont have any upcoming travel scheduled but the timeline does seem a bit excessive.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
It always depends on the model and configuration and, well probably the relationship of the td with a factory or the other. And, why not, private issues, these guys have a life, too. I had to wait ages for my explorer, wasn't stock and first time they sent wrong config... Good thing is, it will arrive at some point, waiting will only enhance the pleasure when it arrives. Hopefully.

Roy69

29/6/22
Hello Guys, my QC pics are finally here.

Assessment as follows;

1. Dealer name: PureTime
2. Factory name: GMF
3. Model name (& version number): Datejust
36mm - Black Dial
4. Price Paid: $398
5. Album Links: Images attached below
6. Index Alignment: Looks Ok
7. Dial Printing: Ok to me, Black looks better than previous versions. Wouldn’t know until tested in better light
8. Date Wheel alignment/printing: Seems ok, thoughts?
9. Hand Alignment: Need help!
10. Bezel: Could be better, seems a little dull
11. Solid End Links (SELs): Looks ok, nothing noticeable
12. Timegrapher Numbers: Need Help Here
13. Anything else you notice: Nothing else to my untrained eye. This is my first purchase, so please provide any insight you may have.

Should I ask for additional close up pics of the coronet and the LEC??

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Roy - you should check out the rules on posting QC pictures. You are asking too many general questions. Why don’t you spend 5 minutes learning how to interpret timegrapher numbers? It’s not rocket science and there are loads of threads on here explaining how to do it. You don’t need more pictures of the lec or the coronet. The dial looks fine to me, as does the watch in general. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: kavorca1

Roy69

29/6/22
Roy - you should check out the rules on posting QC pictures. You are asking too many general questions. Why don’t you spend 5 minutes learning how to interpret timegrapher numbers? It’s not rocket science and there are loads of threads on here explaining how to do it. You don’t need more pictures of the lec or the coronet. The dial looks fine to me, as does the watch in general. Enjoy.

Thanks for your input. I did read the following thread shortly after I posted and am ok with the timegrappher results. Funny thing is I found this thread by Google and had a hard time searching on the forum search itself.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ssion/6910404-how-to-read-timegrapher-results

I will GL.

Last edited:

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Good decision - +4 is excellent btw.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Can't see anything wrong with it, looks fine. But I'm no DJ expert

Roy69

29/6/22
What about this one?

Does it really exist?
Why is it not known?

I forgot about that one, definitely seems to be under the radar because the general opinion is that VSF doesn’t make 36mm DJ. The blue looks good in the pictures.

Roy69

29/6/22
Hi Folks!

Finally received my watch last week! PureTime was kind enough to adjust the links per my wrist size so I could wear it out of the box.

I am will post some photos here Shortly.

Hi Quality videos are available in the following link:

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi Folks!

Finally received my watch last week! PureTime was kind enough to adjust the links per my wrist size so I could wear it out of the box.

I am will post some photos here Shortly.

Hi Quality videos are available in the following link:

Congrats! Looks gorgeous, I like this slight sunburst, don't have that on my Explorer. Would you mind reminding me what factory you chose?