• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CV2A10 Case, Pushers, Bezel Insert, Chapter Ring Work In Progress

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Some progress to report. Today I removed the small tubes from the battered donor Carrera CV2A10 case which guided and held the rep chronograph pushers in the case. I first heated them up using a soldering iron, and then tapped them out, and out they popped :)

What was interesting once these were removed, they both have tiny O-Rings, which obviously aid water resistance. You can just about see in the photo below..

SANY0785_zpscfffe399.jpg

Photos of case holes now with the tubes removed...

SANY0783_zps4da04e67.jpg

SANY0782_zps1f39c1fe.jpg

Now onto the good news.

SANY0786_zps1d319ef9.jpg

If you have been following my progress on this build you will recall me planning to tap/die the tubes I just removed so I could screw in the genuine threaded pushers (Red Start/Stop gen pusher pictured above), and then refit/bond the tubes, and gen pushers into the case.

After checking the above gen pusher against the hold left in the case after tube removal, I am happy to report, I will no longer need those tubes, the threaded part of the gen pushers are 0.8mm bigger than the holes, so I can now tap the thread directly into the case, thus making a much better water tight fitting. Once done, i will use a bonding agent with PTFE properties.

And here's a quick photo of my work bench as I finished work today :)

SANY0787_zpsb4ed92c8.jpg

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Is it possible to get the bezel ring? I mean not the bezel, only its ring case where it is pasted on (the ring between the watch case and the bezel)