• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I think the hbb ss bezel, red with number markers should be on the list, don't see any flaws on it!
Ceramic bezels has the teeth issue which many mod with the right V1 bezel.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The numbered one is not the one timnic54 was referring to on that thread(NWBIG) , it was the one with just the markers. If there's someone out there that has the numbered version with a direct comparison, would be nice. I'd like to know myself.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
The numbered one is not the one timnic54 was referring to on that thread(NWBIG) , it was the one with just the markers. If there's someone out there that has the numbered version with a direct comparison, would be nice. I'd like to know myself.
+1 to that, I'm interested to know as well.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Even tough I´m still a newbie I would suggest the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M to be added to this list. I was absolutely amazed about its look and feel when I got it as my first rep.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
Even tough I´m still a newbie I would suggest the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M to be added to this list. I was absolutely amazed about its look and feel when I got it as my first rep.

Pictures/review?

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria

Attachments

• IMG_8927.JPG
    IMG_8927.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8931.JPG
    IMG_8931.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8933.JPG
    IMG_8933.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8935.JPG
    IMG_8935.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8937.JPG
    IMG_8937.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 0

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You should discuss the pros and cons of any watch elsewhere, after which you decide if it's a super rep, THEN recommend the watch and post the discussion thread. Otherwise, this thread is going to be cluttered with posts for and against so many watches, it would be next to impossible determining if any of those watches deserve to be on the list.

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
You should discuss the pros and cons of any watch elsewhere, after which you decide if it's a super rep, THEN recommend the watch and post the discussion thread. Otherwise, this thread is going to be cluttered with posts for and against so many watches, it would be next to impossible determining if any of those watches deserve to be on the list.
This makes sense. Also, you sometimes will find more experts on specific brands on their respective subforums.

On a side note @mysterio, thanks for the advice on that Panerai. It looks beautiful!

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
It definitely looks like some people think this thread should be made sticky, but many more like this list. @mysterio what do your colleagues think of making this sticky?

Here are some of my general suggestions, up for debate

- If list is maintained (i.e. regularly updated), interest and activity will follow. It need not be a sticky for there to be continuous activity herein. And the more useful this thread is to the forum, more reason to make it a sticky

- It should be very tough for any item to get into the top category. BUT it should be easier for any item to fall out of that category! Just think of the absence of Noob Sub V7 in the top. It was the darling of the masses a year ago. And now the current darling, the JF oyester is being questioned for its thicker than gen crown. I am sure there are more glaring faults with other items in the top category.
--- Consider limiting the number in the top category to some number. 25, 50? For any new item to get in, it has to replace some other which has to get out.
--- As some members have already opined, a list which grows too long will lose value.
--- If top category is limited, the second and third categories could remain unlimited.

- Do consider or explain why non-visual effects are not considered
--- Open movements with faux decorations, tells, which are not discernible off the wrist are considered
--- Weight of PM watches, tells, which are not discernible off the wrist are considered
--- Why are noisy rotors, tells, which somebody blindfolded in a quiet room across the table can tell, not considered?
--- Why are wrong beat, tells, Hey, I cant tell, but others might, not considered?

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
- If list is maintained (i.e. regularly updated), interest and activity will follow. It need not be a sticky for there to be continuous activity herein. And the more useful this thread is to the forum, more reason to make it a sticky
Agreed, and Omagad has done a fine job maintaining this list.

...Consider limiting the number in the top category to some number. 25, 50? For any new item to get in, it has to replace some other which has to get out...
Love has no age, no limit; and no death. - John Galsworthy

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Agreed, and Omagad has done a fine job maintaining this list.

Love has no age, no limit; and no death. - John Galsworthy
Omagad has been doing a great job for sure!
One cant love 10 or 100 or 1000. Some reasonable limit has to be set, by consensus. People like top 10 lists. There are top 100 but who looks beyond top 10?

VonSlate

Known Member
25/6/17
Omagad has been doing a great job for sure!
One cant love 10 or 100 or 1000. Some reasonable limit has to be set, by consensus. People like top 10 lists. There are top 100 but who looks beyond top 10?

If 11 super rep is on the market. But your list only has 10... because 'You' decide there can be no eleventh super rep?

Top 10 list only works if you have them ranked, which is top 1, which is top 2. You can't do that on this list, too many opinions.