• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confess - what are the watches others love but you hate?

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
many of us have a tacky soul, if you like those three you must be in terrible shape.... šŸ¤£
You do you man, it's the best part about this hobby

Do You Yes GIF by Rachael Ray Show

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
I hate gold watches with passion even the two tone ones. Only the RMs topple that hatred, I find them hideous and pretentious af, although I have a feeling my 10 year old self would kinda like them šŸ˜‚

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
Hi, just to chat, of course... : more than an oysterflex it looks like a black leather strap to me... When they say: "be picky" ... šŸ˜‚

It came with that shell cordovan on the oyster clasp. It was too small, so I put the rubber strap on.

KEnCuY.jpeg

Reactions: Dave2302

bellepoxy

Known Member
4/3/24
Daytonas are gone, exhibitionists like old whores at the end of their careers, they remind you how charming they once were.

Subs are all the same, how boring.
they are like farts, only the owners like them.

panerai you see one, it surprises you at first glance but then you understand that at the second glance they have pissed you off

nathanwind

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/23
NY, USA
Daytonas other than vintage PNs, APs other than 15400 or 15500

Well I came here to write the exact same thingā€¦.particularly on the Daytona. Have several gens (Explorer II, YM) but never could find the love for the Daytona.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Nautilus, bland but everyone wants one.
Forgot about this one. Nautilius bracelet is also not my cup of tea. It's not a watch it's a giant status symbol, generally indicates you have stupid amounts of money or you have a deep connection with Patek at retail, which also means you have stupid amounts of money

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Supporter
Certified
24/7/23
US
Never saw a Ball that didnā€™t make me think, ā€œwhy?ā€ and in my ignoramus opinion most IWC look like store brand Timex minus the usefulness of indiglo.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Never saw a Ball that didnā€™t make me think, ā€œwhy?ā€ and in my ignoramus opinion most IWC look like store brand Timex minus the usefulness of indiglo.
How dare you... How dare you...My dad bought me a ball for Christmas one year! We are officially, not friends!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetrep

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Supporter
Certified
24/7/23
US
How dare you... How dare you...My dad bought me a ball for Christmas one year! We are officially, not friends!!
Are you sure they werenā€™t Lincoln logs that got arranged into the shape of numerals like those godawful tritium tube abominations?
Kidding.
Not really.
Nice gift tho!

aquaterranova666

Horology Curious
25/5/24
Most modern Rolex, ESPECIALLY Yactmasters. Don't like AP, the PRX, or Cartier. I hate anything gold and despise stones in watches. Daytona's are pretty meh... Oh and skeletonized dials make the want to puke. People also seem to get frothy over the GoldenEye Seamaster, I think it's one of the ugliest ones and I'm an Omega fan.

Reactions: ward1991

Ralphista

17/3/24
Hi, Pam Submersible. I think it's horrendous, she would only suit a palombar. Daytona Raimbow and all those covered in colored stones. I hate ices less. I really donā€™t like the Hublots too. Same think Patek and Vacheron. Nice post. Hi everyone .
Ah, I hate new and old Milgauss too . Iā€™d like to have in my own property only the vintage one only to resell it given its economic value.

xray7

Behold!
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
TW Steel. I feel like an enormous amount of meth was consumed after the cocaine ran out, with the concept giving me the sense of ā€œmarketing brainstorming session in a fluro tube lit boardroom in a strip mallā€.

You can hear it, canā€™t you? Sitting in a nearly abandoned strip mall space, with a thin drywall sheet separating this boardroom from passing traffic, the uniform of the day
and hairstyles like the lead trio in Office Spaceā€¦ Andre from marketing hoovering up a massive quantity of drugs and shouting ā€œit MUST BE BIG!ā€ while Chet from marketing uses a cake slice to manipulate more of the crystalline powder in the style of a cement trowel and shouts ā€œAND IT NEEDS HUGE NOBSā€, then Andre from marketing demands that it be ā€œQUARTZ! BECUASE ITS ACCURATEā€ then high fives Chet because he though HUGE NOBS was a joke.

Then at the very end another ad exec who goes by Triptronic, like the old Hondas (but is actually named Terrance) wanders into the cocaine party with a wee bit of LSD kicking around and he said ā€œyou guysā€¦ what if we make them look like a CANTEEN?!ā€

I see it as Paneraiā€™s unsophisticated distant cousin from the new world, who tries to ape what made cousin PAM famous, and hits those integers in isolation - big, bold, simplistic, brutalist - and yet manages to do so without so much as a modicum of anything which might resemble panache, style, practicality, flair, or imagination.

Last edited: