• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confess - what are the watches others love but you hate?

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Brand agnostic, but lay it out for us - what is a watch that you fully or partially abhor, whether publicly or privately, but which others seem to absolutely adore?

In my case, you must forgive me, Church of Rolex, for I have sinned against nature - I just don’t love Daytonas.

I’ve known a lot of different kinds of Rolex owners… but the stainless and gold Daytona combo has, to my mind, consistently belonged to older, well to do men on their way to or from playing tennis in too much white clothing… or pastels which do not suit them, perhaps with a sweater around the shoulders. The only other assured accoutrement is an elephant hide tier permatan.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with any of the that, but in the wild, the style is seldom varied on this particular watches’ wearers.

While I like the Zenith El Primero, I’m just not all that into the older Daytonas.

String me up! String yourselves up! Bring your confession out into the open! Burn the shame up in the light of truth!

Only by exposing these vile confessions to your peers might you begin to atone!

Last edited:

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Daytonas other than vintage PNs, APs other than 15400 or 15500, pateks othrer than vintage chronos, rm, hublot, radiomirs, omega swatch.

P.s.
Anything with diamonds on it, all tag heuer except for monacos, omega seamasters, glashutte.

Last edited:

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
BLASPHEMER!

Outrageous! Repent while there remains a chance to do so!
free freedom GIF

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Brand agnostic, but lay it out for us - what is a watch that you fully or partially abhor, whether publicly or privately, but which others seem to absolutely adore?

In my case, you must forgive me, Church of Rolex, for I have sinned against nature - I just don’t love Daytonas.

I’ve known a lot of different kinds of Rolex owners… but the stainless and gold Daytona combo has, to my mind, consistently belonged to older, well to do men on their way to or from playing tennis in too much white clothing… or pastels which do not suit them, perhaps with a sweater around the shoulders. The only other assured accoutrement is an elephant hide tier permatan.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with any of the that, but in the wild, the style is seldom varied on this particular watches’ wearers.

While I like the Zenith El Primero, I’m just not all that into the older Daytonas.

String me up! String yourselves up! Bring your confession out into the open! Burn the shame up in the light of truth!

Only by exposing these vile confessions to your peers might you begin to atone!
Any Yacht Master.