• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison Rolex Yacht-Master 126622 Gen vs CLEAN vs VSF

PhilippPzy

Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Comparison Rolex Yacht-Master 40 126622 Genuine vs VSF vs CLEAN

Basically, both watches are super replicas and no mods are required as with the noob or ARF for the 116622.

Left VSF, Middle GEN, Right CLEAN

KoXtCK.jpeg

Haptic bezel:

Winner is definitely Clean. The bezel engages cleanly, is not as loose as on the VSF and has hardly any play. The feel is almost like the original.

Haptics of the bracelet and clasp:

Both bracelets are really good. However, the feel of the Easy-Link fine adjustment on the VSF is more like the real thing and clicks into place with high quality. With the CLEAN, it doesn't click into place as robustly.

The safety bar has more play at the top and bottom on the CLEAN than on the VSF.

KoXprj.jpeg

There is also some play between the left and right parts of the buckle on the Clean. On the VSF and GEN it is completely fixed.

KoXC74.jpeg

KoXcrJ.jpeg

Haptics of the movement:

Winding feels the best on the CLEAN. It seems to be more oiled. However, the date adjustment is much worse on the VR3235 than on the VS3235. It is looser to turn and doesn't look particularly high quality. When you set the time on the VR3235. Friction is noticeable.

Date:

The quality of the print on the CLEAN and VSF is superb. However, the date is not centered on the CLEAN. The black-hole effect is great on both. Nevertheless, the VSF glass wins.

VSF:
KoXT3I.jpeg

GEN:
KoXXYc.jpeg

CLEAN:
KoXdwX.jpeg

Kow5YI.jpeg

Kowez4.jpeg

KowA7j.jpeg

Bezel:

Both are very well made. Nevertheless, the structure of the CLEAN looks more like gen.

The numbers are too high on both versions. Clean's numbers are also slightly too large

VSF, CLEAN, GEN
KoXMCp.jpeg

KoXkci.jpeg

KoX4ib.jpeg

Hands:

VSF is definitely the winner. The dot on the second hand is the right size. It is too small on Clean & the lume looks to white There is hardly any difference in color.

KowUkc.jpeg

Kowiii.jpeg

KowWVX.jpeg

Rehaut: As far as the surface is concerned, Clean wins. The finish is similar to gen. However, the engravings on CLEAN are slightly too small. Both serial numbers are not centered between the indexes.

KowzaR.jpeg

Kow3p8.jpeg

KowDkQ.jpeg

KowHGK.jpeg

Kow281.jpeg

KowhAv.jpeg

Conclusion:

Both watches are great but OOTB I would recommend VSF as the movement and crystal is better. On the other hand, the bezel play on the CLEAN is much better.

Many thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Love these comparison threads. Thank you! I think both look really good but I would probably go for vsf bc of the crystal and movement. Either way I would probably find it had to see that it’s a rep.

Reactions: PhilippPzy

Rmaintenance21

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/7/23
United kingdom
Comparison Rolex Yacht-Master 40 126622 Genuine vs VSF vs CLEAN

Basically, both watches are super replicas and no mods are required as with the noob or ARF for the 116622.

Left VSF, Middle GEN, Right CLEAN

KoXtCK.jpeg

Haptic bezel:

Winner is definitely Clean. The bezel engages cleanly, is not as loose as on the VSF and has hardly any play. The feel is almost like the original.

Haptics of the bracelet and clasp:

Both bracelets are really good. However, the feel of the Easy-Link fine adjustment on the VSF is more like the real thing and clicks into place with high quality. With the CLEAN, it doesn't click into place as robustly.

The safety bar has more play at the top and bottom on the CLEAN than on the VSF.

KoXprj.jpeg

There is also some play between the left and right parts of the buckle on the Clean. On the VSF and GEN it is completely fixed.

KoXC74.jpeg

KoXcrJ.jpeg

Haptics of the movement:

Winding feels the best on the CLEAN. It seems to be more oiled. However, the date adjustment is much worse on the VR3235 than on the VS3235. It is looser to turn and doesn't look particularly high quality. When you set the time on the VR3235. Friction is noticeable.

Date:

The quality of the print on the CLEAN and VSF is superb. However, the date is not centered on the CLEAN. The black-hole effect is great on both. Nevertheless, the VSF glass wins.

VSF:
KoXT3I.jpeg

GEN:
KoXXYc.jpeg

CLEAN:
KoXdwX.jpeg

Kow5YI.jpeg

Kowez4.jpeg

KowA7j.jpeg

Bezel:

Both are very well made. Nevertheless, the structure of the CLEAN looks more like gen.

The numbers are too high on both versions. Clean's numbers are also slightly too large

VSF, CLEAN, GEN
KoXMCp.jpeg

KoXkci.jpeg

KoX4ib.jpeg

Hands:

VSF is definitely the winner. The dot on the second hand is the right size. It is too small on Clean & the lume looks to white There is hardly any difference in color.

KowUkc.jpeg

Kowiii.jpeg

KowWVX.jpeg

Rehaut: As far as the surface is concerned, Clean wins. The finish is similar to gen. However, the engravings on CLEAN are slightly too small. Both serial numbers are not centered between the indexes.

KowzaR.jpeg

Kow3p8.jpeg

KowDkQ.jpeg

KowHGK.jpeg

Kow281.jpeg

KowhAv.jpeg

Conclusion:

Both watches are great but OOTB I would recommend VSF as the movement and crystal is better. On the other hand, the bezel play on the CLEAN is much better.

Many thanks for reading!
Why not just put a deep crystal on the clean and get a vsf bracelet ?

geestyleed

Known Member
7/6/15
I have the Clean with Gen Crystal and TomRep Bezel mod - I think I can live with that. Thanks for the write up :)
I really wish clean would bring out the Platinum dial version - I really crave for that one.,

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Great comparison, thank you for taking the time! Just pulled the trigger on one from VSF.

blazer53

5/9/23
Been looking for this comparison of the Rhodium for a while! Any thoughts on the case shape?

roccky88

11/6/24
Hello, great post!!

I think I’ll go for vsf.

Would it be possible use it for swimming pool?

FredOT89

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
8/1/24
EU
Awesome comparison thank you!
I did notice on the first picture the date window has a yellow hue and seems less clear.
Can you see this irl too? Thanks

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
The movement by far is the biggest plus for VSF, the VS Movement is fully serviceable / upgradeable with gen parts, the Clean VR movement you have to buy a replacement on Aliexpress. I know first hand.. My clean YM is at WSNY with a dead heart waiting on an ali-express shipment.

PhilippPzy

Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Awesome comparison thank you!
I did notice on the first picture the date window has a yellow hue and seems less clear.
Can you see this irl too? Thanks
Thank you man! You are right. The antireflective coating peeled off on the vsf a bit after I wore it during holidays like everyday at the beach. Brand new doesn‘t have the watch this issue.