• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison Photos of Gen versus Rep 15400 Blue Dials

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Nice Rolex dial. I have been building Royal Oak Frankens myself. I prefer the 15300 for its classic size of 39mm. Just those extra 2mm on the 15400 do make it a bit too chunky for many.

Did you have to modify something in the gen dial for a feanken 15300? or only movement (miyota)

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
mate you almost make me pull the trigger for the V2, but as there is a V3 on the radar I need to wait and suffer with my good old TF with 2XAR :)

dmastah12

24/1/07
I have the blue and the white, the black is on its way [emoji16]. I think the white is closest to gen. The blue being so rare, the slight difference doesn't really matter to me. The black , I'll know in a week.

Sent from the RWI App

JJOSEILLE

Horology Curious
21/5/17
I have the blue and the white, the black is on its way [emoji16]. I think the white is closest to gen. The blue being so rare, the slight difference doesn't really matter to me. The black , I'll know in a week.

Sent from the RWI App

Aside from the rep/gen accuracy, which one has the most presence ? Which one gets the most compliments on your side, white or blue ? (can't decide for my first AP, love them all)

dmastah12

24/1/07
Aside from the rep/gen accuracy, which one has the most presence ? Which one gets the most compliments on your side, white or blue ? (can't decide for my first AP, love them all)
White is definitely a formal wear watch and it's brilliant for dress wear, Really amazing shine and bling with the dial shimmering in the light !! But can't pull it off on casual though.
The blue is for all occasions and looks good too. It's really difficult to pick one out, each on its own is truelly amazing. I think it's taken the rep game to another level finish wise.

Compliments wise, I get a lot on the White, but realistically nobody gives a fuck. They just say nice watch and move on. It's just us who are obsessed.

If it were my first, I would go for the blue and I did. If you get one, you will eventually end up with the other [emoji16]

Sent from the RWI App

JJOSEILLE

Horology Curious
21/5/17
White is definitely a formal wear watch and it's brilliant for dress wear, Really amazing shine and bling with the dial shimmering in the light !! But can't pull it off on casual though.
The blue is for all occasions and looks good too. It's really difficult to pick one out, each on its own is truelly amazing. I think it's taken the rep game to another level finish wise.

Compliments wise, I get a lot on the White, but realistically nobody gives a fuck. They just say nice watch and move on. It's just us who are obsessed.

If it were my first, I would go for the blue and I did. If you get one, you will eventually end up with the other [emoji16]

Sent from the RWI App

Thank you very much for your answer, very clear !

I'll probably go with the blue dial (... and with the 15400 two tones white dial soon enough) :biggrin:

TnoJ24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/17
Thank you for the very informative thread. I've just made up my mind and ordered a 15400 with blue dial. If happy with my first purchase, I may end up getting the white or grey one as well.

N0tail_

1/6/17
Thank you for the very informative thread. I've just made up my mind and ordered a 15400 with blue dial. If happy with my first purchase, I may end up getting the white or grey one as well.

You won't be disappointed with the blue :p

Mine arrived today, but it has a 2XAR crystal.

4lBVjPM.jpg

N0tail_

1/6/17
Amigo, did it arrive with misaligned date window?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Nope, I just never bothered to set the date before taking the pic. It arrived at the post office today and I picked it up during my lunch break so I took some pictures as soon as I got back to the office.

67LZNNP.jpg

wcCwmwn.jpg

zaVeUnX.jpg

TnoJ24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/17
You won't be disappointed with the blue :p

Mine arrived today, but it has a 2XAR crystal.

4lBVjPM.jpg

Lookin' great! Unfortunately I'm not in the US so I may have to just bear with the stock crystal.

PS: nice username, kinda reminds me of an esports gamer.

The Tourist

27/3/14
Is this "old" dial what we can expect when we order now?

@N0tail_ can you show us a picture of the bracelet clasp please?

Don't get me wrong, the watch overall looks stunning, even with this dial.

Sent from the RWI App

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
It seems they are back to pimple dial on both black and blue dials.
I'm wondering about white???

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
Whats the pimple dial? Apologies for being a total NOOB! :(

I've been lusting over this for long now, and waiting for the v3 to be released! :(