• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison of Gen 15400 vs JF 15400

psapas

11/9/13
Another thing to check with qc is that the plots of bracelet are not fitted well...my one too, just noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakekrait

19/1/17
Date font in #1 post is different from GEN but maybe not all numerals are of. Might have been fixed in the unofficial v2 but I would guess not.

Here is a comparison of the "2" (GEN on left):
8UVirvZ.jpg

jakekrait

19/1/17
AP logo on my watch is slighty crooked. Wasnt able to tell by the QC images. Can this be corrected or is the logo glued (= the dial would need to be replaced)?

Getting To Know The Place
7/5/16
Mine from different lighting angles. Taken at 5PM, cool weather, no sun. Date on sigle digit is centered btws.
76492ef348d405cefad8d9074a04bf5a.jpg

a6edffb77d706dd6475bbe3cc4074604.jpg

565effa1125efa689c7636c85f222757.jpg

cec9c57aa6c68bfe89ae87af32dea2fa.jpg

8317c5c11a243110c9806329d5a38955.jpg

jakekrait

19/1/17
@20050511 nice pictures. Your AP logo seems to be crooked also. Looks like this is a common issue at the moment? Can it be fixed or is the logo glued?

7/5/16
@20050511 nice pictures. Your AP logo seems to be crooked also. Looks like this is a common issue at the moment? Can it be fixed or is the logo glued?
Yeh friend! Take the dial out, grab a tweezer and give it a slight adjustment... its a very minor flaw tbh and I can certainly live with it.
I say just open it up and play with the dial, if you f*ck up you can always order a new one ;). After all we are perfectionists here [emoji4]

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

capricho

8/7/14
The flaws are the following:

can be fixed:
- dial is a bit off (tapissiere) and markers are sometimes too but not always
- brushing could be improved
- crystal could be improved

can not be fixed:
- engraving on the backside not deep enough
- bracelet engraving is off
- slightly too thick due to movement plate
- movement look is wrong but this cannot be fixed

great parts:
- gen shine of the metal
- correct bezel
- correct crown
- hand
- overall quality

You may find more. It is still a very good rep

The word 'Automatic' is not centred on its backing plate on the rep. The fonts are a bit too low.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

rolexdd1

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/17
JF crystals on other AP models I've had have been surprisingly well made. I also know that Prolofs crystals are top quality. Given that APs don't have double AR, would you guys go for stock or a Prolof 2XAR please?

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
JF crystals on other AP models I've had have been surprisingly well made. I also know that Prolofs crystals are top quality. Given that APs don't have double AR, would you guys go for stock or a Prolof 2XAR please?

2XAr are the best I agree the gen doesn't have 2XAr . Prof xtal are top . It makes the watch dial look more beautiful imo

IPhone 7

SkullCrusher

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/2/17
Okay so looks like genuine dial and hands and I'm all set. Now, where to find those...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Okay so looks like genuine dial and hands and I'm all set. Now, where to find those...

Think there is/was gen dial for sale in m2m ($1100). Rep hands are close enough. Don't even know if gen hands will fit miyota movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
I've been stalking the forums for a while now, and seeing all the pictures everyone is posting finally convinced me to pull the trigger on a blue dial 15400. I reached out to 2 TD's last night, and I'm messaging to make sure they have the latest "batch" of watches. I guess I have to place the order before I get any QC photos, which honestly makes me a little nervous, but if they are TD's I assume they can be trusted completely. I'm sure I'll need some advice when I get the QC photos just to be sure I am getting the "most accurate" watch I can, should i just post here (don't want to hijack a thread) or should I start a new thread (don't want to create a new thread if not needed)? This forum is amazing by the way!

WatchBearer

29/12/16
I've been stalking the forums for a while now, and seeing all the pictures everyone is posting finally convinced me to pull the trigger on a blue dial 15400. I reached out to 2 TD's last night, and I'm messaging to make sure they have the latest "batch" of watches. I guess I have to place the order before I get any QC photos, which honestly makes me a little nervous, but if they are TD's I assume they can be trusted completely. I'm sure I'll need some advice when I get the QC photos just to be sure I am getting the "most accurate" watch I can, should i just post here (don't want to hijack a thread) or should I start a new thread (don't want to create a new thread if not needed)? This forum is amazing by the way!

TDs can be trusted in the sense that they are not going to steal your money. You pay them, they'll get you the watch.

Bear in mind that the 15400 is not a "super rep". They still haven't got the hour markers right on the blue dial. Even with its flaws it is still a beautiful watch and has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

If you can live with the flaws then it's definitely a good purchases.

Just to let you know, QC pics aren't allowed on the forum unless you are asking about a specific point. It's best to go through other QC pics and look at what other people have been asking about, and then checking to see if you can see the same problems with yours.

ztealth

11/8/13
the blue dial is way off compared to the gen. I have compared the two side by side. the gen has bold solid white AP inscriptions and very solid minute markers. the blue dial on the gen is almost as dark as black and is matte in finish while the rep has a constant sunburst reflection to it and the color is too light. they only look similar in pictures but it's worlds apart in real life. I suggest you wait for v3 since JF factory just got a gen blue dial recently.

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
As above, there is a new one in the pipeline, so maybe worth waiting for that (if you can) :)