• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison of Gen 15400 vs JF 15400

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
Old thread awesome review. Thanks so much for sharing ;)

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Kinda considering just biting the bullet and getting the blue v2 + double AR from mprof. It might be months before the new version is realized and IMO it seems like most people with the watch are very happy with it. It might have flaws but when it's sitting on the wrist no one's going to think twice. Just exercise normal rep protocol (if you wear it to an AD, they might know, otherwise you're probably fine)
Good choice. Sometimes a new version fixes one issue, just to have 2 other issues pop up. If you want one, you may as well get one. It's a great rep.

smellssogood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/17
can we see some pics. Also is this the new version? Is the new version even out yet?

Here are pics of my watch
d18a0b95717cb5502f90ddf1df5ff533.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Watch out for the 9 and 3 o clock hour marker alignment, JF always get it wrong. :(

MichaelJag

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/17
very cool. seems like they fixed the engraving of the AP on the bracelet in the more recent photos - is there a new white/silver dial edition being released?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
They absolutely didn't do anything to the dial - same printing issue with swisS, same minute markers, same squares and color.

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Wait till V3 then we will know. I want a 15400SR for my next watch.

jodenkoek

Horology Curious
23/6/16
When will the v3 will come? I want to order the v2, but maybe the v3 will come very soon...

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
When will the v3 will come? I want to order the v2, but maybe the v3 will come very soon...

Don't hold your breath it won't come out anytime soon. All they want to do is just slightly change blue dial color that's all.
People here are just spreading misinformation.

I don't believe fully refined JF 15400 so call v3 will come out this year.
We will only see slightly corrected blue color of the dial that's it.

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Don't hold your breath it won't come out anytime soon. All they want to do is just slightly change blue dial color that's all.

Curious, are the slimmer movement reports also misinformation?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

Curious, are the slimmer movement reports also misinformation?

Yes it's totally bullshit.
Slimmer movemen will be in Nautilus and other Patek Phillips replicas.
not in JF AP 15400.

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Will have to play waiting game, when we dont know, how will it be we dont know. Its just news until the real item gets updated and presented to the market.

So I suggest just get the watch you like and enjoy it first.

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Will have to play waiting game, when we dont know, how will it be we dont know. Its just news until the real item gets updated and presented to the market.

So I suggest just get the watch you like and enjoy it first.
News used to be more than just rumors. Journalism used to be a sacred duty.

Anyhow, I agree. Get what you want, you never know what will be wrong with the next models.

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
News used to be more than just rumors. Journalism used to be a sacred duty.

Anyhow, I agree. Get what you want, you never know what will be wrong with the next models.

Theres always something wrong, there will always be a flaw or two. Just look at the Noob V7 for example, which honestly I think the maker has aced it. But everyone still complains about the bezel engraving colour, the crystal, how the bracelet engraving is wrong. Actually these are so minor because the dial is almost 1:1, nobody is going to notice it.

JF V2 still has a long way to go, perhaps after 3-5 years we will see a 1:1 15400 / 15450 / 15202

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
V7 bezel Insert is the most giveaway i had one myself and sold it because of it.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It is compare them both in low light or dimlight and the differences are gigantic.