• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

pinoyako04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/21
Spamming this across 5 threads isn't going to get you an answer faster.

The answer to the question is "it depends". If you wear your watch like a maniac and wear it hard then don't swap it - the AR will scratch easily. No Double AR coated crystal will survive smashing it against a table. If you're gentle then there's no issue.
Im not spamming mate, i have clean 126500, thinking of changing to deep, both my btf 116500 & 126500 clean. i want to know if deep easily scratches bec my btf xtal so easy to scratch even you said in gentle use..light scratches appears when you put a light on, but hidden in our naked eyes,

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Im not spamming mate, i have clean 126500, thinking of changing to deep, both my btf 116500 & 126500 clean. i want to know if deep easily scratches bec my btf xtal so easy to scratch even you said in gentle use..light scratches appears when you put a light on, but hidden in our naked eyes,
🤔

Well, I guess I'll answer

You must be wearing your watch HARD if you're scratching BTF crystal. Mine is still immaculate after 6 months. No hairlines, no nothing, in sunlight no scratches.

So my recommendation for you is to not switch your crystal out because Deep will pick up scratches easier.

Like I said earlier, any double AR coating will scratch if you're not gentle with your watch. It happens even on gen. That's the truth of the matter.

If you can wear your watch more gently then Deep is worth it. But if you wear it hard it'll scratch up after not even 3 months.

pinoyako04

24/3/21
🤔

Well, I guess I'll answer

You must be wearing your watch HARD if you're scratching BTF crystal. Mine is still immaculate after 6 months. No hairlines, no nothing, in sunlight no scratches.

So my recommendation for you is to not switch your crystal out because Deep will pick up scratches easier.

Like I said earlier, any double AR coating will scratch if you're not gentle with your watch. It happens even on gen. That's the truth of the matter.

If you can wear your watch more gently then Deep is worth it. But if you wear it hard it'll scratch up after not even 3 months.
Wow nice effort mate! Im new here sorry for that for too much asking, anyway thanks for the quick response. will do as your advised, thanks btw,

Reactions: Mark1937

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
guys anyone knowes, if the 116500 gen crystal is the same like 126500? I'm asking, because of thinking upgrade my cf 126500 with gen crystal.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Yes bro, once your crystal gets tiny hairlines( because of top ar is soft and cant not get scratches overtime) , it is easy to remove the whole top layer of the AR and you still have it under the crystal which is even more genlike look …
Apologies for reading to your old pst but I found it Interesting … how did you remove the top layer please? You had to remove the crystal or kept it on your watch ? Cheers :)

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Apologies for reading to your old pst but I found it Interesting … how did you remove the top layer please? You had to remove the crystal or kept it on your watch ? Cheers :)
Keep it on watch and remove with cape cod cloth

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thank you !
Just cover bezel with some tape nicely
But i warn you If you rub with your fingers than it will take more than a hour of rubbing but if you have dremmel then it can be done in 5 mins

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
But i warn you If you rub with your fingers than it will take more than a hour of rubbing but if you have dremmel then it can be done in 5 mins
Which attachment do you use on the dremel ?

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Roger that ! Thanks for the insights appreciate it :)

Reactions: Bobi01

pinoyako04

24/3/21
I did it with a hand brother, it took me about an hour … the point is you must rub as fast as you can
Oh will try that, will not damage the xtal? How will you know if you remove all the AR? All the light scratches disappear? I have light scratches in my xtal too..will buy cape cod and try it 😊

Bobi01

2/2/19
Oh will try that, will not damage the xtal? How will you know if you remove all the AR? All the light scratches disappear? I have light scratches in my xtal too..will buy cape cod and try it 😊
Good question, you will start seeing scratches the more and more like this

After that you must rub and rub untill the all scratches dissapear , you can check it from time to time, clean the cape cod surface and check the situation
This is the final result, zero scratches and removed all the top AR

Reactions: pinoyako04

pinoyako04

24/3/21
Good question, you will start seeing scratches the more and more like this

After that you must rub and rub untill the all scratches dissapear , you can check it from time to time, clean the cape cod surface and check the situation
This is the final result, zero scratches and removed all the top AR

Nice! will definitely try it out, just ordered cape cod 🙂

Reactions: Bobi01

Bentona

28/4/23
Indonesia
Cape cod cloth can remove it
Very hard with hands and easy with dremmel
I used hand and it took me almost 2 hours to remove it completely
This is how it looks trough the process
You must swipe a lot with cape cod cloth, or use the dremme with cape cod and will be done in 5 mins

What chemical did you used?