• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
Those SEL's look like they're gonna rattle; particually the lower one.

Anyone confirm their SEL's are good on thier CF as my last two ZZF's were bad so need my confidence restoring? VSF still gets my vote but that CF is still a sweet looking piece.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Those SEL's look like they're gonna rattle; particually the lower one.

Anyone confirm their SEL's are good on thier CF as my last two ZZF's were bad so need my confidence restoring? VSF still gets my vote but that CF is still a sweet looking piece.

I just got the VSF Smurf, works well and looks good! I anticipate the CF being better though. We’ll soon see.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I just got the VSF Smurf, works well and looks good! I anticipate the CF being better though. We’ll soon see.

Looking forward to your thoughts on both when in hand. Speaking of hands, that is a lovely hour hand you got coming to you, Clean do that right..

Reactions: RT8906

Subdued

20/11/19
If you stick to the facts vsf is better than zzf or in this case clean and that's not a religious belief. We get you're a nitpicker but misaligned rehaut is also found on gens and its not like clean its way better in that department than vsf or other sub reps. There are service hands that are fat so that's aint also a flaw. People have the free will to choose whatever they want and that i agree with you. you mention zzf its better than the vsf in some points but didnt even mentioned one lol (maybe only the hands a tsd better) , zzf it's a downgrade in every way to vsf or even zf. Only good thing zzf/clean is making at the moment is the two tone with the correct bracelet and the zzf junior.

It depends on what you prioritize. Clean hands, markers, bracelet, rehaut are better. VSF crown guards, blackhole are better. Choose your poision.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The problem with the VSF rehaut is not the alignment thats a minor issue.

It's tilted / wokky (first two pics), the engraving is wrong font, wrong style, wrong size, wrong position, the polished lower grey edge are all a bit off (I'm a sucker for gen like rehaut). It's sad as otherwise you could swap VSF case to Clean but the off rehaut makes that not that viable option at least for me. If Clean fixed CG's then VSF is out of the question completely in my eyes.

Both are awesome watches but Clean is definitely a big upgrade on gen like details for me (except CGs).

Reactions: Warrcraft and 2841

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Z80ucI.jpg

Z80Frp.jpg

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Do you still have the ZZF V3 mate? Looking forward for you to compare both.

Those were actually from other Clean no-date thread someone else's QC pics I thought people may like to see but if you check couple of pages back there's ZZF V3 vs Clean no-dates side-by-side although lightning could be better.

I have the V2S no-date with the V3 upgrades so I can compare but Clean is right now in UK being on-forwarded.

I'll post some once I receive it.

I have the Clean LN date also on the way but nothing to compare the crystal with unfortunately right now.

Reactions: Subdued

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
And VSF.

The alignment is the least of the issues with the rehaut the whole engraving is off and the lower polished edge.

ZrwXWP.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
And VSF.

The alignment is the least of the issues with the rehaut the whole engraving is off and the lower polished edge.

ZrwXWP.jpg

You're right to say that the VSF rehaut is not very good - it isn't, but there is a bucket load of improvement to do on the Clean one as well - it's far from perfect.

ZZF / Clean is also slightly wokky - I assume this angle is necessary to etch the lettering.

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Why do i feel like all sub reps have a higher rehaut than gen? IDK what it is, but there is something that makes it look like there is more distance between the crystal and the dial

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Why do i feel like all sub reps have a higher rehaut than gen? IDK what it is, but there is something that makes it look like there is more distance between the crystal and the dial

I think it's mainly the polished edge that makes it look so.

Two things depends how tall it is and how dark that creates that tall feeling.

Clean I do not know yet but ZZF the edge is shorter a bit from gen definitely so the engraving part looks taller because of that.

Reactions: mari115

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Kalev007 Not sure what you're even trying to prove, the proportions of engraved surface to polished lower edge look more or less the same if scaled correctly.

ZtxddJ.jpg

Wasn’t trying to prove anything.

Not sure what you’re comparing there.

Last edited:
Reactions: drdds

drdds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/19
Hello guys, did anyone ordered from Li and shipping is through 4PX? If so, may I ask if you also experienced or experiencing delays? My package is still at the same distribution center in China for the past 8 days. Thanks!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Hello guys, did anyone ordered from Li and shipping is through 4PX? If so, may I ask if you also experienced or experiencing delays? My package is still at the same distribution center in China for the past 8 days. Thanks!

I have had good experience with 4PX but their tracking is not....really "real time". 8 days seems very long though. I thought my package sat in Shenzen for like....5 days.... And when the tracking finally updated, I received multiple updates all at once (e.g. picked up, handed over the airline, etc. all in one day). I received the package in about 14 days from China to US and it came via USPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: torch77 and drdds