• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Release 116508 Full YG Daytona Series (Comparison vs. Genuine John Mayer)

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Go the SW with the Clean base unless you REALLY want a tungsten/heavy weight version.

If you're going to ask me why, just use your eyes and look at both. QF has the weight but is inferior in every detail compared to the SWF variant, especially the dial....

That's all I'll give you - the rest, do your research.

Both of the links provided are for tungsten versions of this watch. While I would normally agree that the SW dial should be better, the pic of the SW dial on Puretime's website is pretty bad. Take a look at the 6 o'clock seconds circle - the inner red ring is slightly off-center to the left, and the white seconds lines between 60 and 20 (and to a lesser extent the lines between 20 and 40) are off-center. Hopefully SW has improved their printing on the JM dial.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Both of the links provided are for tungsten versions of this watch. While I would normally agree that the SW dial should be better, the pic of the SW dial on Puretime's website is pretty bad. Take a look at the 6 o'clock seconds circle - the inner red ring is slightly off-center to the left, and the white seconds lines between 60 and 20 (and to a lesser extent the lines between 20 and 40) are off-center. Hopefully SW has improved their printing on the JM dial.

This leads into my 2nd point why I would rather source the parts individually rather than buying a pre built watch. If you buy SW dial alone you can QC and reject until you get a good dial.