• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New 4130 Daytona Dial Pictures Leaks

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
What i noticed:

1. The fluted part on CF is more gen like. Noob's flute looks bigger
2. Noob length is more correct. CF seems a bit too short.
3. Apparently the part between the fluted and the case looks too polished on both Noob and CF where on gen it looks almost something between brushed and polished
4. Noob crown looks more Gen in side profile

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
CF pushers' shape looks more genlike, finishing is better in the knurled part, the edges are way less sharp than the noob ones and therefore more genlike.

Now, the position of the CF pushers is weird, definitely different from gen. The position looks more genlike in the noob.

It's as if they don't screw in as much as the gen pushers

That has been my theory, the rotating part doesn't acrew down as deep as on the gen
wondering if this is an easy mod to shorten them a bit so they can go deeper.

Especially if we want to keep waterproofness

Bobi01

2/2/19
Dayton brother thank you very much for your true comparisons with gen and thank you for your precious time… btw lume showing same color on clean and gen while noob lume is too white… dial color is not too obvious different also, how is in real life on naked eye in different light conditions?

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
sincerely. I don't notice all these differences in the buttons, the length of the pushers or big differences in the zignature and size of the crown.
let's not joke. do you all turn with the magnifying glass implanted in the pupils? lol

this applies equally to Noob and to gen.

the clean kick is excellent, for me more evident improvements in the shape of the lugs.

Reactions: Rocket14 and Bobi01

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
sincerely. I don't notice all these differences in the buttons, the length of the pushers or big differences in the zignature and size of the crown.
let's not joke. do you all turn with the magnifying glass implanted in the pupils? lol

this applies equally to Noob and to gen.

the clean kick is excellent, for me more evident improvements in the shape of the lugs.

Imo those above are insignificant differences, it may be the same differences are found between two gen

Dayton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/20
Singapore
Glad to know that my efforts are appreciated. Just want to contribute and learn together. Thanks bros for the expert opinions above.

The first time I held the CF Daytona in my hands, the 2 main features that struck me were the super white dial and the odd looking pushers. I’ve kind of gotten used to the dial colour and I chose to ignore the shortcomings. Just want to wear and enjoy the watch while my “well protected” gen sits in the safe. Only to be worn on special occasions.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Glad to know that my efforts are appreciated. Just want to contribute and learn together. Thanks bros for the expert opinions above.

The first time I held the CF Daytona in my hands, the 2 main features that struck me were the super white dial and the odd looking pushers. I’ve kind of gotten used to the dial colour and I chose to ignore the shortcomings. Just want to wear and enjoy the watch while my “well protected” gen sits in the safe. Only to be worn on special occasions.

And you do very well! Wearing a nice CF like yours on the wrist gives a lot of satisfaction with the awareness of keeping a precious gen well guarded

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
sincerely. I don't notice all these differences in the buttons,

If you don't notice them it doesn't mean that they are not there. It's always good to know they are a thing.
And if you don't see them it doesn't mean that you can't feel them, the noob pushers and crown were very sharp, the CF ones look more refined and therefore should be less sharp to the touch when unscrewing them.

I understand that many people can't compare with gen, but there are some elements that are quite obvious, if you know where to look for. Sure, the different angle of pushers can't be seen from meters away, but it still gives something to the general geometry and harmony of the piece.

It was something i already noticed from some QC, and I wanted to have confirmation by asking Dayton if he could please do this comparison. He confirmed my doubts and it's indeed different from gen.

This release is quite nice and actually superior to noob's one imo, acknowledging that there's a difference from gen doesn't mean thinking that this release is not worth buying.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The first time I held the CF Daytona in my hands, the 2 main features that struck me were the super white dial and the odd looking pushers.

Thanks again for your input :), there are some details that people who own and hold the gen in hand can tell right away. I understand that some people may think that they are negligible, but that could be because they haven't really appreciated the geometry of a genuine piece.

For example, one thing I couldn't stop looking at was the rehaut height, in the noob, the rehaut was a bit taller than gen and it kinda ruined the whole crystal + dial + rehaut first impression, you could try and reduce the problem by putting in a gen gasket, but the rehaut remained a bit taller than gen. CF's rehaut seem to be shorter than noob's one and more genlike.

Again, saying that there are some differences doesn't mean that the rep is garbage lol, these are some minor differences that can be seen only after accurate study even by people who know a lot about gens and reps

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizzo and Tobel

betterthanSerge

11/12/19
Customer’s watch, came DOA. Not so much attention while assembling from Clean.
I heard of a few other guys with loose screws so this seems to be a reoccurring issue.
5fd65ce22c4f07f84deacf09d61bfa21.jpg

Thank you for your insight @Nikz19.
I've noticed the date on your screen. My question (possibly a dumb one): is it a picture of two years ago of a CF Daytona that you posted in order to suggest that throughout two years they didn't improve QC, or is it a current Clean Daytona, coming from the end-2021 batch?
Thanks in advance.

Have a nice afternoon,

B.

Last edited:

PastyMan

3/8/20
CONUS
It's just the safety lock to avoid damages during transportation. Needs to be removed after unpacking, same with every new washing machine. :thumbsup:

This does not seem correct. Customers are expected to remove a screw from the movement when received??? Not heard this for any other watch. Also have not heard this from my TD.

I notice all your posts YellowFin are very defensive of Clean. Do you work for/with them? Thanks.

Reactions: YellowFin

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
This does not seem correct. Customers are expected to remove a screw from the movement when received??? Not heard this for any other watch. Also have not heard this from my TD.

I notice all your posts YellowFin are very defensive of Clean. Do you work for/with them? Thanks.

I think your joke detector is broken Sir ;)

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21

Sarcastic humour sir, some of us find it amusing to say the exact opposite of what we mean. I see how that can be confusing for others…

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU

ok ... maybe you have a really big humour sens , or you havent nothing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: YellowFin

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Do you know which TD may source a CF midcase, and perhaps a dial? Li can't...

Dayton sorry to bother you, you made great comparisons, can you please compar the reahuts too? Thank you very much!

Last edited:

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21

Dayton sorry to bother you, you made great comparisons, can you please compar the reahuts too? Thank you very much!

Just buy a watch from Li and then sell all the parts you don't need on M2M. There you have it lol

Bobi01

2/2/19

Im pretty sure clean wont sell parts to anyone at the moment because they need to sell their complete watches now…btw i have spare clean dial like this one on picture, they are the same but slightly thicker subdials and will be selling it as soon