• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Factory 124060 No Date Submariner New Release

anderstand75

Horology Curious
30/7/21
Sorry for the intrusion and my incompetence.

I have been reading this whole forum carefully for a long time because I am looking for the best 124060 rep and I was very close to buying the BPF Asia 2836 version from HontFactory.

Now I discover the existence of this post and the availability of the CF version.
Could someone kindly explain to me if this latest version is better and why?

Thanks!

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Sorry for the intrusion and my incompetence.

I have been reading this whole forum carefully for a long time because I am looking for the best 124060 rep and I was very close to buying the BPF Asia 2836 version from HontFactory.

Now I discover the existence of this post and the availability of the CF version.
Could someone kindly explain to me if this latest version is better and why?

Thanks!

If they were visually equal, which is unlikely, the 2836 movement is easy to service anywhere by any watchmaker.
If you plan to add genuine parts then CF will be a better option to add hands, dial, etc, but good luck finding them. Replacement 3230 type movements might be readily available but individual parts are not. So far no one has seen the new 124060 release so we don’t know how It stacks up against the 2836 version. Many expect it to be better.

Reactions: P..DR..D

anderstand75

Horology Curious
30/7/21
If they were visually equal, which is unlikely

so do you think the CF will be better from an aesthetic point of view?

in my ignorance, my goal is to have a rep that is as identical as possible to the gen regardless of the mechanism.
I am not going to replace parts.
I just need it to be a minimum of waterproof and not cause big problems ☺

Thanks for your answer!

TadRexington

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/21
Has anyone placed an order yet and been given a rough timeline of when QC pics will be available? The anticipation is killing me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Hands looking great!
Is it the same case as date version?

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Pretty disappointed in this one, really wanted a 124060.

Until proven otherwise it looks like they just dropped a ND dial, crystal, & movement into the same 126610 case.

CG & lugs are still wrong, I bet we’ll find 126610 engraved between lugs, and the thick white gasket is still plenty visible.

Reactions: Kevstah

Bkhwkn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/21

Until proven otherwise it looks like they just dropped a ND dial, crystal, & movement into the same 126610 case.

CG & lugs are still wrong, I bet we’ll find 126610 engraved between lugs, and the thick white gasket is still plenty visible.

Could you show us some comparisons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21

If you think about it logically all it is a a different dial/crystal and movement without a date wheel.