• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Factory 124060 No Date Submariner New Release

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Is there any way to know if the dial is gen spec pressure fit or does it use dial feet? I will buy one just for the dial if it’s gen spec pressure fit. I have a gen 3230 movement waiting for a dial.

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
Is there any way to know if the dial is gen spec pressure fit or does it use dial feet? I will buy one just for the dial if it’s gen spec pressure fit. I have a gen 3230 movement waiting for a dial.

So you’re the guy that bought it :) yeah I bought this primarily for the dial and putting into a spare VS 126 case if the CGs are off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
So you’re the guy that bought it :) yeah I bought this primarily for the dial and putting into a spare VS 126 case if the CGs are off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Been sitting on it waiting patiently for a dial, but if they're using old style dial feet I can't use it. ::::fingers crossed:::::

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
I’ll hold off and wait and see the real pics. But cool to see if finally being produced

Reactions: Doc.77

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
What would be the PR of this vr3230 ? Is there another rep that use it actually ?

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
For people with smaller wrist like myself, I would say this model is better for us + we get 70h power reserve if Clean can make it happen.
As long as more than 50h power am happy.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
At least Li has also stated that the picture is of a Gen whilst we await the QC money shots

That's a good point too.

I saw that watermark, which I suspect was to try prevent another gen/rep pic discussion like the CleanDaytona thread.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
For people with smaller wrist like myself, I would say this model is better for us + we get 70h power reserve if Clean can make it happen.
As long as more than 50h power am happy.
I'm pretty sure that the VR3235 movement doesn't get close to the 70 hour power reserve that it was initially advertised as having. KJ2020 did a test and posted the results in a different thread about the original date subs that used this movement, and if I recall correctly the power reserve was around 48 hours with pretty terrible time graph results towards the end of the power reserve. It will be interesting to see how the removal of the date complication affects the power reserve of the VR3230 movement, but it feels unlikely that it'll increase it by much. The gen's increased power reserve comes half from an improved skeletal escapement (which requires less torque) and by a thiner (and therefor longer and less torquey) main spring in a barrel with thinner walls (which also allows said mainspring to be longer). If I recall correctly the VR3235 doesn't have either of these things, so power reserve on the VR3230 will likely be around what we've seen on the VR3235, perhaps a little bit longer.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm pretty sure that the VR3235 movement doesn't get close to the 70 hour power reserve that it was initially advertised as having. KJ2020 did a test and posted the results in a different thread about the original date subs that used this movement, and if I recall correctly the power reserve was around 48 hours with pretty terrible time graph results towards the end of the power reserve. It will be interesting to see how the removal of the date complication affects the power reserve of the VR3230 movement, but it feels unlikely that it'll increase it by much. The gen's increased power reserve comes half from an improved skeletal escapement (which requires less torque) and by a thiner (and therefor longer and less torquey) main spring in a barrel with thinner walls (which also allows said mainspring to be longer). If I recall correctly the VR3235 doesn't have either of these things, so power reserve on the VR3230 will likely be around what we've seen on the VR3235, perhaps a little bit longer.

I got 67 hours from the VS3235 in my VSF126610LN.

Reactions: Pietros and Doc.77

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

According to movement scholar KJ, the vr3235 is basically a vr3135 hybrid with some 3235 features like the ability to fit a gen spec pressure fit dial with no feet. The pallet fork and escape wheel, mainspring, barrel, and ballance are all 3135 type. I hope I have this info correct.

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
According to movement scholar KJ, the vr3235 is basically a vr3135 hybrid with some 3235 features like the ability to fit a gen spec pressure fit dial with no feet. The pallet fork and escape wheel, mainspring, barrel, and ballance are all 3135 type. I hope I have this info correct.

Do we think it's useful to just grab a VS3235 and take out the datewheel etc?

McPwn

21/9/20
VS3235 is cool, but VR3135/3235 are workhorses. It's a novelty. If parts break on the VS3235, they will be expensive and hard to replace as gen 3235 parts aren't quite common yet, whereas 3135 replacement parts are plentiful. Most likely once the VS breaks it will be replaced with a VR anyway..

Hell a 3235 winding stem is $50+.. 3135 winding stem? $8.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Do we think it's useful to just grab a VS3235 and take out the datewheel etc?

I don't know where you would grab a vs3235 movement. I have never seen the movements for sale. Maybe you have a source?