• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CLEAN Factory 124060 No Date Submariner New Release

GMTII Cali

Horology Curious
25/4/20
Just got it today and these are my very high level comparison between the 41 sub no date from CF and the Hulk pre-raid VSF.

Photos can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/zCyPni3

There are a few things CF can improve compared to my pre-raid Hulk such as mid link SEL, thick fonts on the bezel, bracelet, etc. However, CF hands are way better.
The only big thing that bothers me is the movement. It is screaming so loud that I need to fix it.

Other than that, I think the new CF 41mm no date is one of the best you can get at this moment.
It looks stunning in person.

** I’m not sure how the current VSFs (post-raid) are, but they look similar to CFs according to pictures that I saw.

Reactions: lfarcos and Doc.77

drdds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/19
They really really mess up on the CF 126610 and 124060’s serial number. If you look it up, it was based on the 1991 models. Gosh, if they will fake the serial numbers, at least make it believable. How can a 41mm Sub be made in 1991.

Bkhwkn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/21
They really really mess up on the CF 126610 and 124060’s serial number. If you look it up, it was based on the 1991 models. Gosh, if they will fake the serial numbers, at least make it believable. How can a 41mm Sub be made in 1991.

Any illustrations for the masses?

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
stunning rep.. on par if not better than VSF. my winding is extremely smooth and bezel play same as VSF. xtal/gasket to be changed and ready.. bracelet much better than VSF

jdlHfn.jpg

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12

lol what? Rolex started using random / scrambled serial numbers after 2010. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

eddie22h

Looking Around
14/12/21
Genius! I never thought about just stretching the springs. I’m gonna try that once I muster up the courage to pry the bezel off lol. Always afraid I’ll crack the insert!

*edit* tried it tonight and wow - I’m amazed at what a difference just stretching the springs makes!! And 20% seems to be the perfect amount too. Thanks!

How do you go about stretching the bezel spring? The bezel on my CF has a little back play. Also it has a slight movement/play when pressing down on the bezel. Is this typical for CF bezels? If not, does anyone know of a quick fix?

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Fun Story: Took my CF 124060 No Date to a local watchmaker and asked about potentially getting it serviced. He started by saying that he doesn’t service reps because the Chinese movements are so bad he could hardly ever get them back together. I just nodded and said I understood but asked him if he would at least open it up and check/lube the gasket. After the obligatory disclaimer that he wouldn’t be responsible for any potential issues he agreed.

When he opened it up, he did a complete double take about the quality of the movement. He started asking questions about where I got it and what I paid for it. He said he had never seen a better replica movement and congratulated me on my buy. He even asked if he could take pictures of it.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. I could not get my phone camera to focus for a close up.

gianton

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/12/07
Greece
Fun Story: Took my CF 124060 No Date to a local watchmaker and asked about potentially getting it serviced. He started by saying that he doesn’t service reps because the Chinese movements are so bad he could hardly ever get them back together. I just nodded and said I understood but asked him if he would at least open it up and check/lube the gasket. After the obligatory disclaimer that he wouldn’t be responsible for any potential issues he agreed.

When he opened it up, he did a complete double take about the quality of the movement. He started asking questions about where I got it and what I paid for it. He said he had never seen a better replica movement and congratulated me on my buy. He even asked if he could take pictures of it.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. I could not get my phone camera to focus for a close up.

Did he service it?

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Hi guys,
If anyone would like to sell his 124060 please write me a pm.
I posted also on wtb section.
Thanks

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
not yet but they have a 41mm with date and previous no-date.. my question was general about the metal they used

Ah cool, I shall defer to others wiser than me on that so, hope you get the answer you're looking for.

Reactions: Marcorollie

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Fyi
Received today a last batch 124060 clean and the whitish xtal gasket seems to be fixed because mine is same color as gen.
Great rep.

Glad you're happy with it :thumbsup:

I recently bought one M2M (and its en route as I type this), so am curious if I see what you're all referring to :eek:hwell:

Reactions: Tobel