• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Hi guys, on the TD Intime website I found this GMF Daytona 116520 which appears to have the 4130 movement for just $ 438. There are also other models, what do you think?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi guys, on the TD Intime website I found this GMF Daytona 116520 which appears to have the 4130 movement for just $ 438. There are also other models, what do you think?

That if you scroll down on that very page you'll see that it's saying movement 7750

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Transformed to gen 116520 black dial chrom from 2014 And CF bezel

aee59cdc93ed6a6b0d20c23631ecc72e.jpg

0d82b22e1da1ee72944606e6f2c72486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Just like what a gen dial, hand, bezel, case, bracelet, movt would improve compared to any rep

That's not helpful. Each gen part has specific benefits over reps. Since the Daytona has no date window, something that is clearly better in a gen xtal for other models, I'm trying to understand how a gen xtal on a Daytona is noticeably better. Clarity? Fit? Height? It's not obvious what would be improved. That's why I asked.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
That's not helpful. Each gen part has specific benefits over reps. Since the Daytona has no date window, something that is clearly better in a gen xtal for other models, I'm trying to understand how a gen xtal on a Daytona is noticeably better. Clarity? Fit? Height? It's not obvious what would be improved. That's why I asked.

I read somewhere here, but I don't remember where, that the gen crystal, in addition to having a better general quality (transparency), has a lower thickness than a rep and this, with a gen gasket, allows to obtain even a lower thickness of the watch.(I hope I didn't say nonsense)

Reactions: BlackJaguar

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
From what I read in other Daytona threads is that the rep crystal is good and an upgrade to gen is not generally considered a worthwhile endeavor. There are and will be those who still consider it worth their while. As i have never handled a gen before I can't tell myself. FWIW I run my Noob V4 OOTB.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
My CF Daytona (less than 2 weeks since delivery) has started to run intermittently. I’m currently on vacation (warm humid climate) and I don’t have my tools to open the caseback to check if there’s something as obvious as an extra screw jammed in the balance spring. However, I suspect it might be something more subtle.

When I first noticed it had stopped I thought it might have simply wound down (I had taken it off for several hours to go swimming and had been wearing a different rep earlier that day). So I undid the crown and gave it a dozen winds. The second hand in the sundial started moving and I gave it a few more winds for good measure then re-screwed the crown and put it back on my wrist.

I checked the time a few minutes later and noticed the second had had stopped exactly where it had been stopped before. The minute hand had not advanced more than a minute. So it looks like me winding the watch made it run for exactly 60 seconds.

i undid the crown again, thinking that maybe the dozen or so winds I gave it weren’t enough, and gave it about 30 winds. The seconds hand started moving again.

i checked the time a few minutes later and I saw that the minute hand had advanced but the second had was again stopped, this time in a different spot.

i figured that at this point adding more energy to the mainspring wasn’t a good idea. So I took the watch off and put on another rep. I’ve had the Daytona sitting on the bedside table for the last few minutes as I type this and it appears to still be running.

question: has anybody who’s also received a clean Daytona experienced this or anything like it? Has anybody ever experienced a rep not working in a different climate?

BLY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
I have an ARF v2 116500. Just want to ask members with the new CF Daytona who also happen to have the ARF v2, do you actually see and feel the (~1mm) thickness difference in real life?

ffnc1020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/17
I never looked at 4130 movement but this sounds like the chronograph finger or some kind of spring is not well adjusted. Probably needs a service. Is the time keeping still correct?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I have a 2014 Chromalight Gen 116520 black dial. The subdials are shiny silver. No champage tone or warm hues. ARF V2 dial is very close in color but has slightly thicker subdials.
As far as I know the earlier dials in the first production years had the more champagne colored subdials. Later on they switched to the more silver ones.
I think you'll find the ones with warmer tones was actually tarnish over time as a fault from factory. They discoloured as the plating was incorrect

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I have an ARF v2 116500. Just want to ask members with the new CF Daytona who also happen to have the ARF v2, do you actually see and feel the (~1mm) thickness difference in real life?

Yes, i had arf daytona and from 13.2 to 12.3 is a big difference to me

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19

Hi guys, I got this qc photo for my clean. But the adhesive is different. In all the CF I have seen another sticker behind it.
Can you tell me something about it? Thks

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU
Hi guys, I got this qc photo for my clean. But the adhesive is different. In all the CF I have seen another sticker behind it.
Can you tell me something about it? Thks

No its normal
And if you search upside in the thread you can see this sticker on other rep