• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126600 Seadweller July 2024 Release!

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Just saw this on ctime's website. Wish it came with a vs3235. But the rest looks decent.

botsyboy

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
A shame it’s got the silly extension link, gens dont have that anymore. Hopefully some better shots of the crystal will appear as genuine ones are not cheap on these.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
The helium valve at Clean is not really successful - see photos in comparison to gen.

For me, there is no better version than the current VSF. Including the really excellent movement.

Clean:

Gen:

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Did anyone order this already?

As XF is no longer available, I think this could be an option. Just like to hear how it compares.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I've had the VSF for just over a week - and after various ARFs from the first hour, Noobs, VSF pre-raid and Cleans, I have to say - the VSF Sea Dweller is one of the best reps I've ever seen.

Everything feels right, the glass is excellent including the magnifying glass and there are hardly any mirror effects. The bezel turns like a gen and sounds like one too. The movement runs in 8 days with a total of -5 seconds - and I am left-handed and also wear the watch on the left. Even gens go to their knees, with deviations on the edge or even above the COSC values.

I very rarely say something like that - but I'm really impressed.

I am surprised that there is no separate topic for VSF Sea Dweller 122600.

cookie500

Getting To Know The Place
23/11/09
This is really interesting to read. The VSF has long been criticised for having the wrong magnification. It sounds like they have updated this. Would you mind sharing a picture of this please? Thanks.

Reactions: Reto

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I've had the VSF for just over a week - and after various ARFs from the first hour, Noobs, VSF pre-raid and Cleans, I have to say - the VSF Sea Dweller is one of the best reps I've ever seen.

Everything feels right, the glass is excellent including the magnifying glass and there are hardly any mirror effects. The bezel turns like a gen and sounds like one too. The movement runs in 8 days with a total of -5 seconds - and I am left-handed and also wear the watch on the left. Even gens go to their knees, with deviations on the edge or even above the COSC values.

I very rarely say something like that - but I'm really impressed.

I am surprised that there is no separate topic for VSF Sea Dweller 122600.
Can you take a pic of the dial in bright sunlight? Should become a nice Matt tropical colour.

There was a thread on the XF/VSF - it didn’t gain much traction as it’s not a very popular watch, and it was thread crapped by a member called seadwellermike who spouted a load of utter bilge about ARF being better. He’s been banned now…

I quite like it - it has a lot of wrist presence without being gross.

Reactions: Reaps

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Thank you!

In the last picture in the blazing sun, you can see the difference in color between the dial and the bezel inlay. In normal light / artificial light, both look the same black and you can't see any difference.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
The Reddit guy mentions the red on the dial being too dark?
How would you rate the movement?
Same for VSF bezel action?

The dial seems to have the matte black color required.

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

Making choice harder.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
The movement is amazing - approx. 0.7 - 1.3 seconds overrun. And as already mentioned - I am left-handed and wear the watch on the left. It gets a lot more movement than a right-handed person, who usually wears the watch on the left.

The bezel is quite light - so also like gen. There are enough people who complain that their gen is a little too easy to adjust. The sound of the bezel is excellent.

I have to say, I can't find a single point that would dissuade me from giving the - latest - VSF 126600 a top rating.