• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chronopassion on sale

carboncopy

4/12/14
I was watch shopping and saw this just now... seems like a great deal since I don't own one yet

http://www.intime01.co/promotions/523-royal-oak-offshore-chronopassion-v5-on-rubber-strap.html

Two questions before I pull the trigger
- Does it look like a Noob or JF? Can anyone help on this?
- I've a few XS straps from JF that I can use for my AP 42mm. Is it very difficult to mount these straps if its not from the same factory?

Appreciate if anyone can help, thanks

carboncopy

4/12/14
Noob.
And you won't get JF straps on there...

Thanks @jpoh402... that answers it!

Does anyone here have experience with Donerix AP straps? They are also on sale now, lol... Do you know if their AP straps would fit a Noob AP 42mm? I need to make sure I can change the strap to XS size else it won't sit comfortable on my wrist

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Thanks @jpoh402... that answers it!

Does anyone here have experience with Donerix AP straps? They are also on sale now, lol... Do you know if their AP straps would fit a Noob AP 42mm? I need to make sure I can change the strap to XS size else it won't sit comfortable on my wrist

Welcome. They WILL fit - but are you particular/picky? With regards to strap fitment at & around the lugs??
I am... He doesn't use inserts. So they seem a little "off" and don't fit quite right. It doesn't bother some people though... You could also check Smp_lover / Haute Strapmakerie. Inserts & great fit! Plus top quality product... ;)

jpohl402

10/7/12
Smp_lover can make XS straps, or any size you want.
If you like rubber, Noob didn't make XS rubber, ever, so... (see below)

PS. FYI and for future reference: if you only want rubber - GEN rubber (can get XS!) will fit Noob cases just fine. That's assuming Noob is still using their traditional/original end links and hasn't contracted with any factories JF uses for end links, since Noob has kinda been "phased out" to some degree. Doubt it, just saying though. And since Gen straps fit, that means you can also use Horus, if that's your thing (the Camo.) Price on GEN rubber however is $321 with shipping. More if you live in Fla, Ca, Ny because those states pay sales tax... ;)
White rubber straps look good on the Chronopassion too I think.

PSS. Those "old" Noobs may not be in stock anymore... I'd inquire first, then order the watch and get QC before ordering & paying for any straps...

carboncopy

4/12/14
Smp_lover can make XS straps, or any size you want.
If you like rubber, Noob didn't make XS rubber, ever, so... (see below)

PS. FYI and for future reference: if you only want rubber - GEN rubber (can get XS!) will fit Noob cases just fine. That's assuming Noob is still using their traditional/original end links and hasn't contracted with any factories JF uses for end links, since Noob has kinda been "phased out" to some degree. Doubt it, just saying though. And since Gen straps fit, that means you can also use Horus, if that's your thing (the Camo.) Price on GEN rubber however is $321 with shipping. More if you live in Fla, Ca, Ny because those states pay sales tax... ;)
White rubber straps look good on the Chronopassion too I think.

PSS. Those "old" Noobs may not be in stock anymore... I'd inquire first, then order the watch and get QC before ordering & paying for any straps...

Again, many thanks for your help jpohl402... I have a smp_lover's strap on my 15400. Its very nicely made and fits perfectly. I will follow your advise and check on stock availability first. Its unlikely that I'll go the Horus route but I might get a Gen rubber a little down the road.

carboncopy

4/12/14
Congrats!! It's an awesome watch for sure!! Enjoy that beauty!!
You getting an SMP then?

Just fitted it with an old hornback diver strap I had lying around. It's not too shabby on it so I'll wear it this way for now.

Will eventually get Vic to make a strap... just thinking of the best color that would go with this watch

The watch now...

IMG_9109.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG
On the wrist

Sent from the RWI mobile app

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
It looks great on that black leather strap!
Please also consider Stainless Steel bracelet but you need to get Noob bracelet for this Offshore. JF bracelet won't fit.

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15

barth

5/10/12
In my experience JF straps do fit Noob ROO.

carboncopy

4/12/14
Thanks guys... I have both a brown hornback and a JF SS bracelet on my other APs... I'll do a little experiment on them a little later.

On the longer term, I am thinking of a charcoal hornback for this watch...

Relentless Penetration

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/17
Thanks guys... I have both a brown hornback and a JF SS bracelet on my other APs... I'll do a little experiment on them a little later.

On the longer term, I am thinking of a charcoal hornback for this watch...

Beautiful watch mate, i take it that you did buy the reduced in price noob v5 version?
I have just bought one also to good it pass by at that price,does the chrono work fine with no jerky subdial second hand?
I want to put a nice leather strap on mine also, i think that black strap with the white stitching that you have put on yours looks fantastic mate, where did you get it and do you have a link?
I also think it would look nice with brown leather strap also, i am also new to AP watches so i have to work out what strap fits noob versions and what doesn't lol

I found this video on youtube (below) i wish i knew what strap he had on his as i think it looks gorgeous on this watch

carboncopy

4/12/14
Beautiful watch mate, i take it that you did buy the reduced in price noob v5 version?
I have just bought one also to good it pass by at that price,does the chrono work fine with no jerky subdial second hand?
I want to put a nice leather strap on mine also, i think that black strap with the white stitching that you have put on yours looks fantastic mate, where did you get it and do you have a link?
I also think it would look nice with brown leather strap also, i am also new to AP watches so i have to work out what strap fits noob versions and what doesn't lol

I found this video on youtube (below) i wish i knew what strap he had on his as i think it looks gorgeous on this watch

Yes I got the same version as you and my power reserve isnt the best. At this price, I'm not complaining... its really a very nice watch.

The black strap is from here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/hamilton-leather-works.296/. You might be able to pick up a nice strap for the Chronopassion. As he don't use inserts, the fit might not be perfect (as you can see on mine, it juts out).

If you want to have a strap like the one on the video (looks like black/grey Croc with white stich), try him https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/snpr-straps.301/ The straps are very well made and has inserts so its very easy to change straps... Just make sure you let him know its a noob version as I understand he measures the insert using JF heads.

Relentless Penetration

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/17
Yes I got the same version as you and my power reserve isnt the best. At this price, I'm not complaining... its really a very nice watch.

The black strap is from here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/hamilton-leather-works.296/. You might be able to pick up a nice strap for the Chronopassion. As he don't use inserts, the fit might not be perfect (as you can see on mine, it juts out).

If you want to have a strap like the one on the video (looks like black/grey Croc with white stich), try him https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/snpr-straps.301/ The straps are very well made and has inserts so its very easy to change straps... Just make sure you let him know its a noob version as I understand he measures the insert using JF heads.
Thanks for your reply mate, i contacted SNPR straps from the link you gave me but he says he does not make AP straps anymore so it's back to the drawing board i guess, do you know of another strap maker that can make straps for the noob Chrono?

carboncopy

4/12/14
Thanks for your reply mate, i contacted SNPR straps from the link you gave me but he says he does not make AP straps anymore so it's back to the drawing board i guess, do you know of another strap maker that can make straps for the noob Chrono?

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link... its https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/haute-strapmakerie.395/ SMP Lover or alternatively, you can try him as he's good too http://www.jacobstraps.com/js2c-correas-audemars-piguet-hornback.

Hope this helps