• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chicago Customs Seized/Confiscated

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I had a plenty of packages seized this month at Chicago customs. No matter where are you, it can happen. Florida, California or Michigan, you name it. It is seized same way.

The problem is that 40-50% of our buyers are from the States and the only option will be the slowest HK airmail.. I guess shortly all the dealers will follow as this is such a big loss that nobody can afford to do business like this.

For the U.S. shipping by hk airmail only unless buy at your own risk

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Did you guys all use EMS?

Yes, all packages seized were EMS

Other shipping companies like FedEx/DHL/TNT/UPS are a no go long time ago, from every 5 packages 1 is seized, now you tell me who will ship like this

image0r

14/11/14
Yes, all packages seized were EMS

Other shipping companies like FedEx/DHL/TNT/UPS are a no go long time ago, from every 5 packages 1 is seized, now you tell me who will ship like this
WOW Mine got through EMS last month. What a pain in the ass.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Im getting ready for after CNY buying spree but HK mail is sloooooooow. We need to find fast alternative to EMS though.

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
If seizure rates are this high, then why won't the dealers give me a better discount for Mainland purchases, where the is no risk of seizure. At best, all they offer is free shipping for mainland purchases.

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
I have read that Chicago and Dallas customs tend to have the highest number of seizures. Anyone have theirs seized by any of the other ports or is it mainly C & D that are the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Toro,

Dumb question probably, but is it possible to work through China Post to select flights that avoid Chicago? Maybe ship certain days of the week, only? Or is everything totally random?

The vast majority of my reps have cleared through NYC very quickly.

jpohl402

10/7/12
Toro,

Dumb question probably, but is it possible to work through China Post to select flights that avoid Chicago? Maybe ship certain days of the week, only? Or is everything totally random?

The vast majority of my reps have cleared through NYC very quickly.

I'm pretty sure it depends on where you live, pal.
Folks in Midwestern states will utilize Chicago port, by default... ;)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
You can kiss it good bye. Anything over 10 days in Customs is gone
images

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
And another package seized, Huston/Texas

Same Chicago customs by EMS

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
I need to call a friend now. Seems to me that someone is getting reps for free there, haven't you noticed lots of new members from the Chicago area lately?! I'm not suggesting anything but the seizures increased in numbers December past year. It seems that EMS packages from certain area are almost targeted to be confiscated. That has to be resolved quickly. I'll keep you guys posted.

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
I have one stuck there too. It has been "inbound to customs" in Chicago for 15 days.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I need to call a friend now. Seems to me that someone is getting reps for free there, haven't you noticed lots of new members from the Chicago area lately?! I'm not suggesting anything but the seizures increased in numbers December past year. It seems that EMS packages from certain area are almost targeted to be confiscated. That has to be resolved quickly. I'll keep you guys posted.

You're not suggesting these are insider jobs, like we have moles among us passing on information to customs, are you? [emoji15][emoji45][emoji31]

almostthere

Known Member
16/1/15
As it stands now 12 days and counting. Hasn't even gone to isc ny yet. Is this not looking good?
e7a69e201d7cd159e880039941f43fe1.jpg

ajmahi

Known Member
14/9/14
As it stands now 12 days and counting. Hasn't even gone to isc ny yet. Is this not looking good?
e7a69e201d7cd159e880039941f43fe1.jpg

That's because the post office in China is still closed due to CNY. Wait Til at least the end of the week or even the beginning of next week for things to start moving.

Even in still waiting for something and have the same exact status update as your last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
@almostthere same status as you, check EMS.com.cn and see they have probably scheduled to send it on a plane to JFK.

almostthere

Known Member
16/1/15
Thanks for the reply guys. I was under the impression that I was gonna beat the cny time which was Feb 11 ,way before cny. The td who I ordered from said it would beat cny time as well.