• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Bizarre how reps keep getting better and better but datewheels will always be common RL issues

ImMunneY

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Bizarre how reps keep getting better and better but datewheels will always be common RL issues

It seems like a pretty easy thing to not screw up but I know nothing about making them ????

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
It seems like a pretty easy thing to not screw up but I know nothing about making them ????
Well it is printing at different angles around a disc at small scale so that probably offers some complexity

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

It’s not easy These are Pad printed so you have tolerance from the pad to cliche to datedisc which sits in a die, another tolerance. Then you have the date disc itself from teeth to outer diameter which is another tolerance, then you have the movement date plate….another tolerance as it’s machined. Then you have the disc guide dowels pressed into the plate which is another tolerance and the date position finger. There’s so many things to line up Perfectly for that date text to be centred in that little window so even a gen date disc may wonder on the rep date plate.

Pad printing is a very finicky process and isn’t easy to get perfect. There are so many factors that contribute to a perfect result.
Ink dry period from mix then the period between take up and put down.
The pad printer itself needs to be calibrated properly.
Put down pressure.
Cliche engraving method is paramount
Just to mention a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
It’s not easy These are Pad printed so you have tolerance from the pad to cliche to datedisc which sits in a die, another tolerance. Then you have the date disc itself from teeth to outer diameter which is another tolerance, then you have the movement date plate….another tolerance as it’s machined. Then you have the disc guide dowels pressed into the plate which is another tolerance and the date position finger. There’s so many things to line up Perfectly for that date text to be centred in that little window so even a gen date disc may wonder on the rep date plate.

Pad printing is a very finicky process and isn’t easy to get perfect. There are so many factors that contribute to a perfect result.
Ink dry period from mix then the period between take up and put down.
The pad printer itself needs to be calibrated properly.
Put down pressure.
Cliche engraving method is paramount
Just to mention a few.

What a perfect answer. We'll put.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: mnkoshka

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
All of these Clean GMTs do seem to have high/crooked datewheels. I wonder why? I haven’t seen one good datewheel yet.

Mine seems fine…

4a41935b2bc9c965d2c80018920fcc4d.jpg

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Is the Oyster version that unpopular or are they just not ready yet?

Maybe people prefer jubilee on pepsi and oyster on batman (which aren't out to the TDs yet). I ordered my pepsi on oyster. Have a look at post #829

Reactions: leo6929

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Message from TrustyTime

CLEAN FACTORY GMT STOCKS UPDATE

CLEAN Pepsi GMT jubilee stocks are now available and QC will be sent to respective orders within the next few days. Pepsi GMT Oyster stocks will come a week later, and Batman GMT stocks another 2-3 weeks.

Looks like those waiting on Batman will have to further wait till August 2021

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Mine seems fine…

4a41935b2bc9c965d2c80018920fcc4d.jpg

1 out of 8 isn’t bad! Haha

Just like anything else, sometimes patience is key with these new releases…I’m excited to see what later batches look like!

sam.rollie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/18
8647ff80319d076949b5b909b79928a3.jpg

1495212f3f85601e72bcae7a6c46c6a9.jpg

I am not a picky guy. I however rejected this piece. The speed bumps are too obvious, especially at 18.