• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cf Pepsi or batman

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
it is a fault the large pods there should be large or small?

OOTB or modifications that is to say?

sorry but i am not very experienced

OOTB means out of the box, you keep it like it is....as said the fat lugs are from the 116xxx model not from the 126xxx...but it's up to you....buy the one you like, a rep will be always a rep...

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
it is a fault the large pods there should be large or small?

OOTB or modifications that is to say?

sorry but i am not very experienced

I was joking about Kendall Jenner. I said lips, another member quoted saying lugs, apologies, nothing to do with the watch.

I honestly have no idea about the lugs or lip mod or specific nuances re the Pepsi as I haven't investigated it.

What I am 100% sure of though is that there is definitely a thread on it on the forum.

Good luck with your research & hope you get the watch you're after.

Last edited:
Reactions: wubsub

Rubiss

19/9/21
I was joking about Kendall Jenner. I said lips, another member quoted saying lugs, apologies, nothing to do with the watch.

I honestly have no idea about the lugs or lip mod or specific nuances re the Pepsi as I haven't investigated it.

What I am 100% sure of though is that there is definitely a thread on it on the forum.

Good luck with your research & hope you get the watch you're after.

Thank you my friend

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thank you my friend

You're welcome Sir,

Best of luck, tbh, and it's just my opinion, don't be stressing the small stuff. It's a ~$500 replica, a fraction of what the GEN cost, so it's meant to be enjoyed, not examined under a microscope.

I see Tobel has kindly linked the relevant thread there, so you've some reading ahead of you, if you want to delve into the nuances ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: wubsub

Rubiss

19/9/21
You're welcome Sir,

Best of luck, tbh, and it's just my opinion, don't be stressing the small stuff. It's a ~$500 replica, a fraction of what the GEN cost, so it's meant to be enjoyed, not examined under a microscope.

I see Tobel has kindly linked the relevant thread there, so you've some reading ahead of you, if you want to delve into the nuances ;)

Thank you very much for you explanations

Reactions: P..DR..D

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21

No idea what that means but just to be clear the gentleman I quoted made an excellent joke as to whether Kendall Jenner was benefitting from plastic surgery or whether she was straight “out of the box” i.e. completely natural. Have a good evening

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Does this Cf Pepsi have a bezel lip?

If you can’t tell by a picture if a watch has a bezel lip, or even what a bezel lip is, then you are simply going by something you read.

Since that is clearly the case & you can’t identify flaws yourself, just choose the watch you find most aesthetically pleasing & get that one.

Rubiss

19/9/21
No idea what that means but just to be clear the gentleman I quoted made an excellent joke as to whether Kendall Jenner was benefitting from plastic surgery or whether she was straight “out of the box” i.e. completely natural. Have a good evening

Too subtle joke for some, keep coming

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hello my friends
I appeal to all of you with your knowledge more advanced than me to help me make a choice for the purchase of a clean Factory GMT.

Which do you think is best made with fewer faults, the Pepsi or the Batman?

Thank you in advance for your answers

The Batman is better. Thus is the case for all the reps. The BLRO is more difficult to replicate. The red in the bezel insert is always off. It will always be an "instatell."
The BLNR has an incorrect case, the CGs are c/w the 116710 but the dial with the coronet is c/w the 126710. And so are the longer hands . But that is something you can't really see on the wrist so peeps don't mind too much.
What I find more worrying is reports of a poor bezel construction.

Don't sweat it too much. My first and most worn rep is a GMF BLNR with an incorrect hand stack, a wrong 1 serif in the bezel insert, a crystal that sits a bit too high. It was rhe best BLNR at around the time i joined the forum. Yet I wear it most days during the week. It goes with everything. And I don't get called out, I call myself out.

Very rarely someone will say "nice watch," and i say "yeh it's a Rolex all the way from China" with a wink.
Twice in 2 years someone asked "hey is that a Rolex?" And I answered "yeh but not from Switzerland" or something like that.

I have considered upgrading a 100 times and even considered bidding on the odd Franken that shows up on m2m every now and then but haven't proceeded yet. My rep runs within 10s a day, nobody can tell it's a fake unless I tell them, why bother? Except to satisfy the inner watch nerd....