• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case No. 118238 Shieldsy V Beau

Status
Not open for further replies.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I think we have all missed the glaring problem here..

Wat the hell were you doing with a GIRLS watch?

Shieldsy

11/12/09
.. as am I. I was not involved in this affair in any way. I just feel - strongly - that your accusation against the way this was handled was a crummy thing to do - whatever your take on what was going on.

Anyhow. I won't comment further. I've got nothing against you - the point has been made and I don't want to flog it to death. Let's move on...

Thanks - I agree.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Just remember, folks. None of us (Staff included) have a right to be here. We are all allowed to be here by the forum owners.

I am glad this issue is resolved. And since it is resolved, we surely do not need any more threads on the subject, do we??

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
also, beau claims many times how great her relationship is with RWI and RG mods and how they "got her back". So it is very easy to see how shieldsy would think (and I agree) that she is getting preferential treatment.

Well, hang on a minute. If you take it as a given that based on *Beau's* claims, that RWI and RG staff all "got her back", then are you also taking it as a given that Shieldsy is a "d**chebag" and other names that I would like to not mention?

Seriously guys, this drama has taken up way more bandwidth than it's worth. The facts of the case are nothing in comparison to the amount of backlash it's caused, or the amount of work it's created for the staff.

Shieldsy, I think that everyone honestly and truly sees your point, and that nothing short of discovering that Beau has planned to assassinate a world leader or plot a terrorist attack is likely to make her look any less ladylike at this point.

If what you want is for RWI staff to acknowledge that they may have personal friendships with members, then you are probably right. I do, although not with Beau. But I can assure you that no matter who is friends with whom, the outcome of this case was going to be the same. You could offer to come to my house and personally massage my feet, and I'd still make the same decisions at the end of the day (although I'd say "thank you" for the foot massage).

Shieldsy

11/12/09
AHW - I agree - I posted this thread - not to keep it going but to let everyone know what happened. As for that foot massage - I'm the foot master - got my technique down and everything - Your real name is not Mia Wallace is it?

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
No matter what the original problem was, to call another forum member a douchebag'/f*ckbag is ridiculous and totally unnecessary and childish. Writing insulting comments on the package also shows a lack of respect, especially as it seems that she didn't know how to function the watch even after being told how to do so.

Glad the issue is now resolved Shieldsy and everyone can move on.

houndoggie

16/11/08
Well, hang on a minute. If you take it as a given that based on *Beau's* claims, that RWI and RG staff all "got her back", then are you also taking it as a given that Shieldsy is a "d**chebag" and other names that I would like to not mention?

Seriously guys, this drama has taken up way more bandwidth than it's worth. The facts of the case are nothing in comparison to the amount of backlash it's caused, or the amount of work it's created for the staff.

Shieldsy, I think that everyone honestly and truly sees your point, and that nothing short of discovering that Beau has planned to assassinate a world leader or plot a terrorist attack is likely to make her look any less ladylike at this point.

If what you want is for RWI staff to acknowledge that they may have personal friendships with members, then you are probably right. I do, although not with Beau. But I can assure you that no matter who is friends with whom, the outcome of this case was going to be the same. You could offer to come to my house and personally massage my feet, and I'd still make the same decisions at the end of the day (although I'd say "thank you" for the foot massage).

no, I said I can see how Shieldsy could come to the conclusion of preferential treatment based on that.

andygt

Known Member
23/7/09
I agree with houndoggie but only because he gives me preferential treatment.

jfazioli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/10
I'm glad to see disputes do get resolved here....

Shieldsy- I'm solidly in your corner on this one. If i have a problem with something I buy online from any source, amazon or whatever, I have to send it back before getting a refund. I'm sorry that the sale fell apart and it's awful what you had to go through to get your watch back.

I wasn't privy to the PMs and whatnot, but it sure sounds like Beau was out of line.

GLWNS (good luck with NEW sale... Lol), it is a pretty watch.

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
Beau continues to goad me with her insults and even wrote DB after my name on the package (douchebag) a name which she has called me several times on the public thread and in private. ... She even wrote rattle rattle on the paper she package it with?

Shieldsy

:ttiwwop:

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
No matter what the original problem was, to call another forum member a douchebag'/f*ckbag is ridiculous and totally unnecessary and childish. Writing insulting comments on the package also shows a lack of respect, especially as it seems that she didn't know how to function the watch even after being told how to do so.

Glad the issue is now resolved Shieldsy and everyone can move on.

Me too!

(Off topic...most attractive women are nuts....there..I've said it and I stand by it. :))

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm friends with a couple of mods here... and I totally RELY on preferential treatment. I mean, they extend their deep dealer discounts to me, and I get to hang out with them in the executive lounge. The free Margaritas are a bit watered down, but who am I to complain?

A friend without perks is no friend at all! :)

As previously stated (by me, actually): Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

D

d4m.test

I did not read all four pages of commentary here, so forgive me for my comments. From all that I've read when this was occurring, I have to say the evidence is in Shieldsy's favor. Beau DID ask him for instructions on setting the day and date -- that was part of her thread & she later thanked him for his help because, in her words, it was "fixed" and was truly pleased. I know because I was one of the posters offering help. Her pics showed a very pleased person. I'm truly sorry that this ugly mess had to occur when basic civility and COOPERATION between seller and buyer would have quickly resolved the dispute. I buy and sell here because I TRUST the members here and like to believe that they're ethical & dedicated to maintaining the integrity of this forum. I can only hope that we ALL learn lessons from this and maintain efforts to preseve this wonderful forum -- whose members and staff have been so helpful to this 'ole fart.

dave

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I'm friends with a couple of mods here... and I totally RELY on preferential treatment. I mean, they extend their deep dealer discounts to me, and I get to hang out with them in the executive lounge. The free Margaritas are a bit watered down, but who am I to complain?

Bigmouth...

Replica Replica

18/7/10
he was respectful to her until she went crazy on him. Her first post on the original thread basically lies about her status at Repgeek and threatens Shieldsy with sfa. It goes down hill from there.

So basically the facts are this:

Shieldsy has sold a watch that clearly shows the day centered correctly in his sales thread.
Beau receives the watch and posts how much she loves it, but has problems getting the day centered. RWI community respond on how to set it and she says its fine now, working saying "..it worked..got it all set now". The, I guess she can't get it set again after that... PMs are sent back and forth, Shieldsy offers the correct solution of refunding the seller upon receipt of the watch in a non tampered condition (tamper means to intentionally damage). Beau takes this wrong and goes nuclear by initiating paypal dispute, threatening chargeback etc. Threads are started and shieldsy is civil until beau enters the threads attacking. It gets messy thereafter.
Finally, beau sends the watch back, shieldsy refunds.... and the watch is working just fine.

also, beau claims many times how great her relationship is with RWI and RG mods and how they "got her back". So it is very easy to see how shieldsy would think (and I agree) that she is getting preferential treatment.

Ok I just put my foot into it without knowing the facts, sorry...

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09

Bigmouth...

oh bugger, Roger, sounds like I'm not the first guy to mistake the old pool water samples col keeps in those glasses for later inspection, with margaritas :lol:

well easy going guys like us don't mind a little pool water, right? easy going being the key word here, folks! easy going as in enjoy it here, stop fighting :)
hapyyyyyy hapyyyyyyy

BEAU

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/10
I haven't logged on here in awhile, just came on to see if the watch was returned, and see when I can expect my refund? Shieldsy directed me to this thread, not sure why, and I haven't read through this thread or any others, since that would be a pure waste of my time. All I want to know Shieldsy, is where is my refund? Thanks Have fun on this forum folks..over and out! (Mods..please deactivate my account here..thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.