• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos dimensions

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I am confused.
I have purchased a 3KF Cartier Santos replica. A real beauty. 40mm case.
I was peacefully walking the street of Copenhagen when i saw the genuine model in a shop window. Next to it there are a black and a blue version which look bigger. Is it just an impression? On the Cartier web site the only one I could find with larger width is a Santos Chronographe XL. My questions are :
- what are these “larger” black and blue models. Or I am mistaken and all 3 have the same dimensions.
- is there a rep of this Chronograph model (42mm wide)?
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Nick C.

Hero4774

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/5/19
Dubai
That’s just the Basic Cartier Santos L. And the smaller is the medium. I’m in dubai and they have the same in the store. L 40mm.

The old cartier santos 100 was discontinued

FaboDaLago

Horology Curious
27/4/22
I am confused.
I was peacefully walking the street of Copenhagen when i saw the genuine model in a shop window. Next to it there are a black and a blue version which look bigger. Is it just an impression? On the Cartier web site the only one I could find with larger width is a Santos Chronographe XL. My questions are :
- what are these “larger” black and blue models. Or I am mistaken and all 3 have the same dimensions.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Frank would you mind sharing some wristshots? 🤩

slak3rfosho

Known Member
7/1/17
Many thanks for your reply. Looks really nice. I want one.
I read the GF Santos had glued in screws on the bezel. Does the same apply to the 3KF?

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
So, you want me to go to my car, take a screwdriver from my toolbox and undo the screws on my Santos rep to see if they are glued or screwed ? :unsure: :) the only thing I can tell you is that they look bloody good to me. And that so far they haven't fallen off. But I've only been wearing it a few times which is a shame because it's stunning rep if you ask me.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Ah, this time I was in Düsseldorf. And I get another shock. Cartier has that 44mm Santos that is larger than my 40mm rep. The Chronographe.
The one at the top.
Any hope to have this repped ? Please.

Nick C.

Known Member
Certified
26/4/23
EUROPE
I am confused.
Thanks for your help.

How would you compare the 3kF quality with BVF's ?
Was there something particular that swayed you towards 3KF ?

Nick C.

Known Member
Certified
26/4/23
EUROPE
How would you compare the 3kF quality with BVF's ?
Was there something particular that swayed you towards 3KF ?
I'm asking because , I have a santos medium from bvf , but it's too small for my wrist and I want to buy the large one

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I guess that at the time I just read reviews here on RWI and asked my TD for advice. Lovely rep. I just wish 3KF could make a Chronographe version with the same quality.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I could not find a side by side dimension comparison. So I tried to scale these, unless I'm mistaken, it should look like this...so the bottom line is that the XL Chronographe on the right should be repped asap....ideally before the end of July.

LedleyKing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/23
London
I'm asking because , I have a santos medium from bvf , but it's too small for my wrist and I want to buy the large one
Hey mate, how have you found the bvf santos medium? Any flaws etc? I've just ordered the 3k - but was looking at the bvf for a while

Nick C.

Known Member
Certified
26/4/23
EUROPE
Tbh, I haven't wore it because it was too small for my wrist . But it's definitely not perfect. First of all , they haven't fixed the floating "R" issue in the 35mm model. For me it wasn't very noticeable so I didn't mind . What bothered me tho , was the case shape and the lugs( which for me is what makes the gen so unique ). If you've ever had the gen one , you can immediately tell the difference between the 2 ( I'm referring to the medium model only ). The bracelet was decent , but I don't know about the strap because I've never took it out of it's original packaging.

LedleyKing

21/7/23
London
Tbh, I haven't wore it because it was too small for my wrist . But it's definitely not perfect. First of all , they haven't fixed the floating "R" issue in the 35mm model. For me it wasn't very noticeable so I didn't mind . What bothered me tho , was the case shape and the lugs( which for me is what makes the gen so unique ). If you've ever had the gen one , you can immediately tell the difference between the 2 ( I'm referring to the medium model only ). The bracelet was decent , but I don't know about the strap because I've never took it out of it's original packaging.
Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully the 3k one I have ordered is a bit better than that for my daily wear. I'm looking to get my wife one too - she's not massively into watches so not sure she would mind too much about the issues you mentioned - I'd maybe be interested in buying that off you if you'd want to sell?

LedleyKing

21/7/23
London
Nvm mate seen you sold it! Based on the issues youve notice on the BVF, would you go with 3K in hindsight? Will just get my wifes from there

stylecatcher

Horology Curious
8/7/20
As the happy new owner of Nick C's medium Santos my thoughts:
No chance to notice the floating R on the wrist. Movement winds buttery smooth and holds time excellent. The Steel Bracelet feels great, just the clasp needed some CapeCod buffing to smoothen the edges.

The leather strap including the clasp is totally crap. Way to thin and flimsy.
I ordered a third party one on Ali and will give feedback once it arrived.

Over all a nice and comfortable watch from BVF.