• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos 100 XL Gen VS Rep (Pic intensive)

Fiestyleo

Known Member
18/2/16
It's readily available from any TD, justs ask for the ultimate version with 2656 engraved on the back.

There are 3 versions - the swiss version, the Asian movement on steel bracelet (some argue it's not ultimate, and bracelet is not interchangeable with the ultimate) and the Asian movement ultimate.

The last can be had for under 500 and is the best bang for buck!

The one shown is it the Asian movement ultimate? How reliable is the movement over the long haul btw? Thanks for this review, I've been looking for something like this for a while.

D

d4m.test

Brilliant post mate - any idea which TD I can get the best Santos 100 large model from?
And does anyone know what kind of quality the strap is?
Thanks in advance

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
Here's both of my Cartier Ultimate versions in the chronograph, as well as the regular version.
dbdad5f6e9c3f0930df1f1be6e84a9b3.jpg
a100df1ccb0b48182f23cf3369b86b71.jpg

D

d4m.test

Guys any news on which TD is the best and which come with a proper leather strap (not plastic)?

D

d4m.test

Please read more..
Hi mate thanks for the reply - I have read, but there is conflicting views. Mentions of multiple TDs and I would like to know which is the most reliable!

In your/other people’s experience how reliable is the mechanism long term?

Thanks

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Hi mate thanks for the reply - I have read, but there is conflicting views. Mentions of multiple TDs and I would like to know which is the most reliable!

In your/other people’s experience how reliable is the mechanism long term?

Thanks

The TDs are tried and tested, so that is little to be concerned about. The main issue is that you read reviews and find out who seems to fit you better. Some are fast. Some are slow. The fast ones may lack in other areas where the slow ones might excel. Pick your poison. Just remember: They all get the same watches. Any TD can get you this watch.

D

d4m.test

The TDs are tried and tested, so that is little to be concerned about. The main issue is that you read reviews and find out who seems to fit you better. Some are fast. Some are slow. The fast ones may lack in other areas where the slow ones might excel. Pick your poison. Just remember: They all get the same watches. Any TD can get you this watch.

Thanks for the response mate. Thinking of going with Ryan at intime.
My main queries are what to do about servicing the watch? And how good quality is the strap and the jewel?
Also how does the weight compare to a gen?
(Have sent these questions over to Ryan but any responses from you guys on here would be great also)

Thanks in advance

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the response mate. Thinking of going with Ryan at intime.
My main queries are what to do about servicing the watch? And how good quality is the strap and the jewel?
Also how does the weight compare to a gen?
(Have sent these questions over to Ryan but any responses from you guys on here would be great also)

Thanks in advance

And does anyone know what the box/casing is like? Is it a good quality copy box and does it come with any paperwork etc?

Thanks

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
And does anyone know what the box/casing is like? Is it a good quality copy box and does it come with any paperwork etc?

Thanks

This is not a recommended path to go. Most reps are delivered without a box, and the consensus here is that getting box and papers is the first step to trying to sell a rep as a gen.

D

d4m.test

This is not a recommended path to go. Most reps are delivered without a box, and the consensus here is that getting box and papers is the first step to trying to sell a rep as a gen.
I can assure you that is not my intention. I’ve wantwd this watch for well over a year now and I’ve even contemplated buying a gen(albeit not sure I can justify at this stage).. If I buy a rep I’m not sure I’m ready to disclose that it’s a rep !! Hence the desire for box etc..
I would appreciate an answer to the previous q’s?
Thankyou

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Nobody can tell it's a rep. You don't need boxes and papers. Please do not ask again

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

Nobody can tell it's a rep. You don't need boxes and papers. Please do not ask again

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks.
What do I do about servicing the watch? How good copy is the jewel and the strap?
And there must be a few differences where you can tell .. but thanks for info

D

d4m.test

What's to elaborate on? It's crap.

If you actually read the thread the strap is mentioned in numerous occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.. crap in what way?
On the intime site for the ultimat edition it states that the strap is croco leather...
so how can it be crap?
I just want to know what to expect here!
Thanks

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Yes.. crap in what way?
On the intime site for the ultimat edition it states that the strap is croco leather...
so how can it be crap?
I just want to know what to expect here!
Thanks

Read the whole thread from the first page.

There's a reason I went and bought gen cartier strap for it, the strap it comes with is nothing like the gen, it's flimsy and feels like it's made of cardboard.

Here's the gen

1d80569914b5c77d9f4e5381fdec8886.jpg

Practically every rep comes with a rubbish strap. You need to do a lot more reading and expect a lot less spoon feeding, all the info is here it will take you 5 minutes to flick through it, you never know you might learn something.

D

d4m.test

Read the whole thread from the first page.

There's a reason I went and bought gen cartier strap for it, the strap it comes with is nothing like the gen, it's flimsy and feels like it's made of cardboard.

Practically every rep comes with a rubbish strap. You need to do a lot more reading and expect a lot less spoon feeding, all the info is here it will take you 5 minutes to flick through it, you never know you might learn something.

I have read it all. Some say that the strap isn’t good - but no one specified where they have bought it from .. I assume all the pieces differ from TD to TD..
there must be a TD which offers a rep with a good quality strap - intime states that it’s a croc leather strap, so how can it look like cardboard? And the pic you showed of the grey gen strap looks very plasticky..