• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bvlgari Aluminium thread--pictures and thoughts. I love this rep!!!

Arvsapam

Horology Curious
8/2/23
🇪🇸
PHOTO DUMP ENGAGE!!! 1st set is outdoor driving around and second set indoor some profile shots. Skip the long winded rambling words below if you just want pictures. I know how peoples attention spans are. Skip and if you like come back. I love this watch!!! In fact I ordered the black dial a couple days ago because I liked it so much. I should have just ordered both at the same time like I was thinking and saved myself a month and a half but I'm dumb so there you go. I was trying to save but in the end you gotta satisfy that itch.

In summary, if you want to skip all the words, I just wanted to give this watch and Bvlgari reps some love, Might not get that much views in this section so may repost later. Bvlgari (and replica makers) make other watches and BVF factory makes other reps ...besides the octo fanissimo.... and their Octo an Fanissimo reps have been great....that are worthy of attention and support (if warranted quality wise which this is in my opinion) if we want to see other than the usual suspects options.

Review/thoughts/opinions:
The watch with it's black and white theme is a surprisingly more versatile than I thought. With the smaller size and styling it really does go with a lot of outfits though I'm not really a style guy. The watch weighs about 74 grams so super light. My battery calipers are dead so my terrible analog calipers measured just over 10mm thick with just over 50m lug to lug but I'm taking that measurement with a grain of salt since I did it quickly and it does not wear like that. This wears even thinner due the black bezel and case separation. Wears smaller than 40mm dial wise to me but has a good overall presence on the wrist. I have 6.6 inch wrists for reference.

The strap is a velvety, soft touch rubber that is not overly flexible. It's actually not super flexible. It's kind of like gen Breitling flexible but feels more velvety. You can see by the pictures it flows with my wrist because of those hinged portions of the strap. It's stiff enough to keep the watch in place with the bendable parts of the strap conforming to the wrist nicely. It fits me absolutely perfectly and the strap is stiff enough I have two hole options (that's what she said, he he) with a loose fitting one and a tighter one but not too tight. Even worn loosely the bends in the strap keep it firmly planted and centered on my wrist. Your results may vary with different wrists sizes. Straps are sometimes an issue for me and I usually prefer bracelets but this one works great for me aaannnnd let's face it......

The strap design. It's just plain unique and cool with the little metal inserts and hinges. I've always been intrigued by this with Bvlgari and Ulysse Nardin designs. This watch is not a dynamic watch reflectivity wise like maybe a full polished watch would be but it is a simplistically bold and striking piece. I included some pics from the movie Lost City it was featured in which looked good in the movie, almost tactical. I knew what the watch was immediately as I 'm a fan of Bvlgari watches though and I've owned the Diagono Magnesium, a couple Octos and now this. Bold Italian Roman design if you appreciate the Diagono history (or trash watch if you can't appreciate design that isn't your preference). Panerai makes me think of Italian beaches and Bvlgari makes me think of more urban Italy. That is just marketing though. This watch is marketed as kind of a sports watch and shows surfers swimming with it on etc. so could imagined with beaches a well.

The dial printing is a luxurious, really thick super glossy paint that raises off the dial and twinkles or shines when it hits light. On a bright sunny day they could almost appear like full polished metal markers. The red contrast on the second hand almost makes the watch for me. The white or cream dial version is extremely legible. The black dial I'm wondering how I'm going to tell the time with as I don't know how it would be legible with the black hands theoretically but internet wise I've been able to read the time on every picture I've seen and the shiny paint could stick out. I'll know when I receive it. The watch has sharp case edges which I thought would be an issue but in the two weeks straight I've worn it I didn't find it an issue.

Movement! It's a 2892/sellita sw300? equivalent and winds very easily and super buttery smooth. So much better than a miyota 9xxx. (sorry, I just hate that movement but really who cares with reps right?). Only watches I've had that wind this smoothly are reps with this movement or gens with this movement so I'm saying feel wise, this feels like a step above movement wise against other reps and BVF factory could have just gone with a miyota like GF did with the Diagono Magnesium since it has a solid case back which felt gritty to wind and I'm glad they gave it the better movement. I feel the price is a match. I bought from Trusty who lists it at 348 and that seems like maybe the "75th - 85th percentile" range where good solid reps are and maybe below that even now as rep prices have increased.

Now just enjoy the pictures.

H5jinP.jpeg

HWFMgK.jpeg

HWS2nc.jpeg

HWSh2I.jpeg

HWGSfW.jpeg

HWGGQP.jpeg

HWGFUJ.jpeg

HWGEID.jpeg

HWGuss.jpeg

HWGdUt.jpeg

HWGCqp.jpeg

HWGpDb.jpeg

HWGQsi.jpeg

HWG8RI.jpeg

HWGo9L.jpeg

HWGmKQ.jpeg

HWGLTo.jpeg

HWG2DD.jpeg

HWG3K3.jpeg

HWFVPF.jpeg

HWFGHX.jpeg

HiMmiI.jpeg

HiMaV4.jpeg

H5j7k3.jpeg

H5jvOn.jpeg

H5jujE.jpeg

H5jMv2.jpeg

H5jw2F.jpeg

H5jTWb.jpeg

H5jpdX.jpeg

H5jlIc.jpeg

H5jtu4.jpeg

H5jnfv.jpeg

H5j9lK.jpeg

H5j1W8.jpeg

H5jYxR.jpeg
Sweet! Can you share TD details please? Did it take long? Price? Thanks in advance!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Sweet! Can you share TD details please? Did it take long? Price? Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the TD's website Bvlgari page. https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_153 I purchased directly from his website. I've used Trusty Time for years. His website is fairly up to date with the relatively newer models though any TD can get these or any watch if it's available even if they're not on a website if you email them the name and picture as all the TD's get them from the same places. There are people on here that try different TD's all the time so it's just a matter of finding one you like but it's pretty much the same process with all of them.

The white dial took a month to get to me from order to delivery. The black dial took longer, about two months but I had an additional item ordered Trusty was trying to source that delayed. These things can take some time. A month is completely normal. Some TD's can take a few months. There is one on here that is known to take a long time but is known to provide exceptional quality control and has a watchmaker on staff. Can't remember which one and I haven't used them yet. Price will vary by TD and by the current promotions they have if any.

Which color were you interested in getting? Do you have any other Bvlgari reps or watches? I also have the Octo Solo Tempo 38mm version (not the finissimo) on bracelet and it's also excellent. The Finissimos are good too but I prefer the smaller 38mm versions for my smaller wrist.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is

You should read these pages as it will explain the whole process and answer most questions you may have. Another page is the Trusted Dealer section after you're familiar with the process explained in these links. You'll find contact information for all the Trusted Dealers there.

Last edited:

Arvsapam

Horology Curious
8/2/23
🇪🇸
Here's a link to the TD's website Bvlgari page. https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_153 I purchased directly from his website. I've used Trusty Time for years. His website is fairly up to date with the relatively newer models though any TD can get these or any watch if it's available even if they're not on a website if you email them the name and picture as all the TD's get them from the same places. There are people on here that try different TD's all the time so it's just a matter of finding one you like but it's pretty much the same process with all of them.

The white dial took a month to get to me from order to delivery. The black dial took longer, about two months but I had an additional item ordered Trusty was trying to source that delayed. These things can take some time. A month is completely normal. Some TD's can take a few months. There is one on here that is known to take a long time but is known to provide exceptional quality control and has a watchmaker on staff. Can't remember which one and I haven't used them yet. Price will vary by TD and by the current promotions they have if any.

Which color were you interested in getting? Do you have any other Bvlgari reps or watches? I also have the Octo Solo Tempo 38mm version (not the finissimo) on bracelet and it's also excellent. The Finissimos are good too but I prefer the smaller 38mm versions for my smaller wrist.
Thanks a lot buddy!

Reactions: shinynewbling25

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Well alright! time for some more pictures. We've had the white (silvery cream) dial now we'll transition to black dial. As far as reps go regarding batches there are some differences. I'll have to post a comparison thread. For now enjoy pics of the black dial. Great reps with lots of character and presence.

HNUPc2.jpeg

HNW54F.jpeg

HNUNcP.jpeg
HNUl35.jpeg

HNUMrY.jpeg

HNUsED.jpeg

HNU7yo.jpeg

HNUGSQ.jpeg

HNUcyv.jpeg

HNUCwt.jpeg

Last edited:

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Just got mine. The watch it's really nice and unexpectedly came with a rep of the case, the wrong one from the Aoki collaboration, but nevertheless a nice touch.

Sorry for the dust on the strap

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Just got mine. The watch it's really nice and unexpectedly came with a rep of the case, the wrong one from the Aoki collaboration, but nevertheless a nice touch.

Man, that's awesome! I really wanted the aluminium case but neither of mine came with one. Is your strap the more hard smooth rubber or more soft lighter weight silicone type? Looks like yours has a slight sheen like my white one which is the more firm, heavier strap which I prefer. It's a cool watch and wears quite well. Great wrist presence for a 40mm slim watch. Excellent choice.

Reactions: Gaspacho

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
These watches are kinda cool, I always wanted the diagano chrono from Heat, but Christ it's tiny.

One of these aluminums may very well scratch that itch!

HN5DhK.jpeg

HNecR8.jpeg

That size was quite the norm back then, the big watches trend really took off in the 2000s

Arvsapam

Horology Curious
8/2/23
🇪🇸

Awesome! Looks great! Can you share the TD? Price and lead time? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Gaspacho

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well alright! time for some more pictures. We've had the white (silvery cream) dial now we'll transition to black dial. As far as reps go regarding batches there are some differences. I'll have to post a comparison thread. For now enjoy pics of the black dial. Great reps with lots of character and presence.
Wow. Love, love both!

Arvsapam

Horology Curious
8/2/23
🇪🇸

HNUPc2.jpeg

HNW54F.jpeg

HNUNcP.jpeg
HNUl35.jpeg

HNUMrY.jpeg

HNUsED.jpeg

HNU7yo.jpeg

HNUGSQ.jpeg

HNUcyv.jpeg

HNUCwt.jpeg
Beautiful! Can you share your TD please?