• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying reps.. perhaps we should not wait.

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
If the Trumpster gets re-elected, if he decides to nuke China (probably a higher chance than we would think with him back in power) then no more reps, otherwise we should good to go as usual.i
Lol, he, the Trumpster got you out of all wars... The current administration is the warmonger, as we all can see all day... (The emphasis is on we, those from outside the US)

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I won't go all arm chair political analysis but I don't think Trump will ever make a trade war with China directly, and even if it does, tariff is easy to dodge - they'll just ship everything to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, for final "manufacturing" then ship to the US at minor added cost.

The thing is that America whether we hate it or not is the majority of American are price sensitive and addicted to cheap Chinese goods like a crack coacine addict.

If we were forced to pay the true cost of objects certainly there would be huge backlash against the adminstration that effected those laws for destroying quality of life this is why there's always a conundrum. You see how much political pundits yap about when gas prices rise a little - now imagine every single household consumer object gets 30% more expensive....

The American people have to have a stomach for it - we must accept the true cost of living/electronics or whatever else we import from China. I look around my house and at a bare minimum 50% of stuff is from China.

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
Lol, he, the Trumpster got you out of all wars... The current administration is the warmonger, as we all can see all day... (The emphasis is on we, those from outside the US)
Perfect guy to opine on wars, German guy from Nuremberg.

Hayst

Known Member
15/3/23
Australia
Dave rant :ROFLMAO: ..........

Personally and when I was once in a position to do so, I gave up trying to help / steer folks into a sensibly governed path a lifetime ago :cry:
I don't do politics, I just live in a remote area, where there is some semblance of sensibility which is in fact since the great C-19 debacle, slowly being eroded by excessive incomers and tourists.

Present RWI company excepted, the world is now full of a bunch of snowflake clones, with a few very very active influencers who want the planet to be absolutely fucked so they will be in total control. The writing was on the wall way back in the 2000's probably even before that if I'm brutally honest.

I am of the opinion, within the bounds of sensible reason, that I will do what I want when I want, whilst showing others some respect, but the issue is that some of these folks simply don't deserve any respect, quite the opposite in many cases.

Que Sera Sera, and all that jazz, I avoid "The News" and Social Media (read propaganda), like the fuckin' plague !!

All the while I can I'll keep buying / building fast cars, buying watches, eating what I wanna eat, overtaking those who insist upon doing 30mph on A roads and then braking for the bends, I'm gonna enjoy it while I'm still here, it's a long time once we are dead, etc etc etc, yak yak yak ;)

That sounds an awful lot like you are on 24hourcampfire.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. No matter which side of the fence you may be on.

Reactions: Dave2302 and Feefo

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
Perfect guy to opine on wars, German guy from Nuremberg.
Your grass is always greener, we know...
The American people have to have a stomach for it - we must accept the true cost of living/electronics or whatever else we import from China. I look around my house and at a bare minimum 50% of stuff is from China.
Thanks, I agree that we don't know the real prices but will everything just more expensive, if we pay only the read deal for a real product? A few years ago, I attended a lecture in Vienna by the former Executive Director of Advanced Engineering at General Motors Powertrain in Detroit. He quoted the cost of producing a Chevy small block engine. We would all cringe and wonder why we were paying so much and why we needed so much choice and a change every 4 years... But the Americans have to pay the price...

In terms of the replicas, I ask myself how they can produce the PAM799, for such a price tag? $150- $250 more would be ok as well...

Reactions: Dave2302