• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a moonswatch online

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Supreme stuff always sells above retail?
You actually like their stuff?
A $140 Supreme hoodie can sell at double price, easily. That's why those kids are willing to line up overnight to wait for a new stock launch.

I didn't buy whatever they launched, I have a few items I like. I never tried rep clothes, just feel pathetic.

Reactions: TESLA760

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Yeah. My other hobby for years has been collecting Jordans. Problem with me is I never wear them. Have tons that are unworn. A few months ago I bought a pair of 4s only to find out I already had them ! I got into McQueens but they are just too uncomfortable to wear
Same here! I have 8 or 9 pairs of AJ unworn, mostly 1, but some 11 and 12 too. I wear a pair of panda dunk low and my new balance 530 and 9060 most of the time. Tom Ford sneakers are comfortable, but look boring.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Yeah. My other hobby for years has been collecting Jordans. Problem with me is I never wear them. Have tons that are unworn. A few months ago I bought a pair of 4s only to find out I already had them ! I got into McQueens but they are just too uncomfortable to wear
hahaha, we're alike I have doubles and at times triples of my collection, but I do use 1 and the other ones to display.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
A $140 Supreme hoodie can sell at double price, easily. That's why those kids are willing to line up overnight to wait for a new stock launch.

I didn't buy whatever they launched, I have a few items I like. I never tried rep clothes, just feel pathetic.
Yah, I know inside out how those rep bags, clothes etc are made.
My clothes are bespoke or readily available anyways.

even rep watches I only have a few of the ones I couldn't get gen.

@MaximillianGT @TESLA760 can you guys go to mercari and search for venus and the white snoopy?
Tell me what you think of those 150-175$ sellers?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Yah, I know inside out how those rep bags, clothes etc are made.
My clothes are bespoke or readily available anyways.

even rep watches I only have a few of the ones I couldn't get gen.

@MaximillianGT @TESLA760 can you guys go to mercari and search for venus and the white snoopy?
Tell me what you think of those 150-175$ sellers?
This one looks quite Alixpress for my untrained eyes: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m55989040022/?ref=search_results

This one better: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m48788002983/?ref=search_results

But hey, I am no expert on Omega.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Same here! I have 8 or 9 pairs of AJ unworn, mostly 1, but some 11 and 12 too. I wear a pair of panda dunk low and my new balance 530 and 9060 most of the time. Tom Ford sneakers are comfortable, but look boring.
I wear Varvatos Converse most of the time. When I have to visit our projects I have Red Wing Chukkas. You're going to laugh but I have a bunch of Yeezys I wear since they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on.

Reactions: MaximillianGT

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Most likely the $155 range ones are all reps. Not one demonstrates the lume, and a few other detalis look rep.

that's what I'm afraid of. The venus one actually have gen like photos, but the sellers and their English I can tell is not american nor chinese.
They sound too nigerian or mid eastern and their seller names are not what americans would use.

the above snoopy lume, is that the gen or rep?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
that's what I'm afraid of. The venus one actually have gen like photos, but the sellers and their English I can tell is not american nor chinese.
They sound too nigerian or mid eastern and their seller names are not what americans would use.

the above snoopy lume, is that the gen or rep?
That's genuine I pulled from Google. The black dial has a similar lume and text, but the text is located differently. I wanted to highlight a unique aspect of them that I was surprised no seller seems to be. For example, here is the black dial mission to the Moon genuine

Here is one that is listed on mencari for $215

Don't worry as they used a couple of stock photos directly from Swatch website to offset this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaximillianGT

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Yea that's what I'm afraid of. Seems like the ones below $200 and most likely fakes and they use a turn and dump seller account.

wish I could ddos these aholes.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
I wear Varvatos Converse most of the time. When I have to visit our projects I have Red Wing Chukkas. You're going to laugh but I have a bunch of Yeezys I wear since they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on.
I wear Red Wing too, but only 8875. Yeezys are fine, but not foam RNNR...

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
M

My daughter likes that one too !

h9yg53.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760 and Snooky

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
If it’s any help @Cheesegrater I've bought a Moonswatch off StockX before for a family member (was desperate for a Moon). I paid under retail as I think some muppet had bought shitloads but the craze had died down and Swatch stores started getting an abundance of stock. So they needed to get rid.

Comparing what I got from StockX to my gen Earth and a shitter that I got from DHgate, I could tell it was 100% gen. So I “think” StockX can be trusted (if the price does drop below rrp and you pull the trigger) more than Mercari.

Reactions: Cheesegrater

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
That's genuine I pulled from Google. The black dial has a similar lume and text, but the text is located differently. I wanted to highlight a unique aspect of them that I was surprised no seller seems to be. For example, here is the black dial mission to the Moon genuine

Here is one that is listed on mencari for $215

Don't worry as they used a couple of stock photos directly from Swatch website to offset this one.

The black and the white have text in different positions in the gen

But yeah, I would not trust Mercari sellers at all