• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF 116509 Daytona releases (blue dial, silver dial & black diamond dot dial) - coming soon?

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Almost certainly not. I'm pretty sure that all grey gold / white gold rolex reps are just stainless steel, and are not plated. But @Nikz19 could tell us for sure.
Thank u. I saw a white gold next to stainless steel and The metal colors are very different

Reactions: Tiger4

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
For me the blue doesn't look dark enough and the red is to dominant.

Why can't they first release a basic 116520 version. Jtime told me this moring the clean Versions were updated a month ago. Has anyone got news/ comparisons on those?

No news if BTF will release those too or?

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
dial colour does look off in the pics and the inner sub dial ring is too bold, but its still a beautiful looking watch!

Also, lighting will be playing a big part here, if you look at the picture below of a gen 116509, the differences don't appear as severe (imo).

zPcUcP.jpg
indeed this gen photo looks burple, like the rep.

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Mine just arrived. The dial looks amazing. The rehaut is not perfect for me.
I dont know if i could make the rubber smaller cause i like to wear it tight??? Or i have to order a new one?
zT1452.jpg
zT1sNn.jpg

zT1vK3.jpg

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Plus, the watch looks amazing in real life. In the photos, the subdials look quite weird in the last ring

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks awesome bro. The blue may be slightly oversaturated, some of that may be due to studio lighting. Really nice looking piece overall though. Congrats.

Always tons of actual gen pics at SwissWatchExpo, my only gen window shopping site anymore

Reactions: BlackJaguar

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Looks awesome bro. The blue may be slightly oversaturated, some of that may be due to studio lighting. Really nice looking piece overall though. Congrats.

Always tons of actual gen pics at SwissWatchExpo, my only gen window shopping site anymore

What are your thoughts about the case and markings on the back, bro? I know you have a keen eye for these things. I've been itching for this model to build my super Franken, and just want to make sure that I choose the right base.

I'm still contemplating waiting for CF's release, comparing the two, and then pulling the trigger. But I'm tempted to just pull if the case is on point (after all, I intend to replace almost everything on the watch with gen dial, hands, crown, pushers, xtal, gasket, etc., so the other stuff doesn't matter).

Reactions: Pdatoon

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

I agree with you on the dial colour, but it’s nearly impossible to judge colours from photos, as you say, due to lighting and camera settings. I am however happy that the red of the subdial rings doesn’t seem to be as stark as in some of the earlier promo pics. We’ll see how it looks on the wrist once it arrives.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
What are your thoughts about the case and markings on the back, bro? I know you have a keen eye for these things. I've been itching for this model to build my super Franken, and just want to make sure that I choose the right base.

I'm still contemplating waiting for CF's release, comparing the two, and then pulling the trigger. But I'm tempted to just pull if the case is on point (after all, I intend to replace almost everything on the watch with gen dial, hands, crown, pushers, xtal, gasket, etc., so the other stuff doesn't matter).
I didn’t ask for close up pics of the case markings, but if we’re assuming this is the standard BTF “750Au” case, then the caseback markings should be of high quality. I just checked the case markings on my BTF base 116519 meteorite dial franken, but they were a bit dirty from having taken that watch with me up a mountain yesterday:

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
This is QF , gotta say pics do not do justice . @KJ2020

The sunburst is just shiny enough not overly shiny. Maybe a gen crystal and bezel will do further improvement

Reactions: KJ2020

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Beautiful piece. Noticeably different from the BTF on the bezel (the number font looks thinner and is farther out from the line-triangle track). I think BTF got the font weight correct, but not exactly the position of the numbers relative to the line-triangle track.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gen
zTCYiQ.jpg

zTCIVS.jpg

Looks like BTF bezel numbers are too close to the line-triangle track, QF's are too far away, smh. At least they both have an elongated SEL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Star70