• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF 116509 Daytona releases (blue dial, silver dial & black diamond dot dial) - coming soon?

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Stumbled across these pics on Reddit earlier and this has got me excited in a big way! (apologies if this has beenn covered already, couldn't find any threads on it when i searched this section )

For me, the most exciting part is the blue dial variant which I have been chasing all year, and this model appears to have individual sunbursts on the subdials. Finally an OTB rep that gets this right!

I'm sure Clean will release there own versions within the coming months but I will 100% be ordering the BTF version when it releases out of sheer impatience and excitement!

zPZadj.webp

zPZWI1.webp

Last edited:

michaelle1193

15/1/20
How about the metal color? Steel color looks very different compares to white gold.

michaelle1193

15/1/20
I just ask my TD. We can order these models very soon. I just ordered 116519 and 116500 black dial :((((

Pedalo

Meep meep meep
7/5/22
Australia
I am tempted by the blue but purchased two BTF John Mayer Green dials (One was stolen by a porch pirate) and then clean brought out a version which people tell me is better.
Does anyone have any intel on if Clean will release one soon?

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
Im surprised that BTF is releasing all of these models and still hasnt released a 116520.
116520 subdials are not easy to replicate, even if BTF never had a 1:1 accurate dial. CF ones are a joke, subdials are silver when they should be brownish. So sad.

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
I also really hope and that BTF and Clean will finally bring out the 116520. Really surprised that all these Gold plated ones came out before. They do look amazing but sadly are not really my style.
I prefer classic steel and really don't like anything plated. Never trust that it looks good in the medium/ long run.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
116520 subdials are not easy to replicate, even if BTF never had a 1:1 accurate dial. CF ones are a joke, subdials are silver when they should be brownish. So sad.
Is everything else ok with CF 520 except the dial?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
That's not necessarily true, it depends on the year. While older models may indeed have brownish subdials, post 2013 116520 have blue lume and shiny silver subdials.

Reactions: Kaloc

Konstantinos_Sv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
btf in those versions is off... the sundials numbers and the size are way off ... look at that meteorite.... even if they can make the dial colour to everything else with that subdials btf Daytonas are off

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
btf in those versions is off... the sundials numbers and the size are way off ... look at that meteorite.... even if they can make the dial colour to everything else with that subdials btf Daytonas are off
That’s a BUFF dial in BTF case

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Pics of the BTF 116509 sent to me by a dealer on WeChat this morning.
Thank you for the pics. But I'm a bit disappointed by the color of the dial. I have the gen dial and in my opinion, this dial looks really off. For one, the red lining for the subdials is overpronounced and makes it look like cheap plastic. The blue is also off, and it looks more purple-ish than blue (but this could be the lighting of the photos). The gen is hard to describe, but it shifts from dark blue to royal blue and is more subtle. The BTF dial doesn't capture it, at all.

I'm more curious about the base of the watch, as I think this may be the perfect watch to do a Franken on. Any input about the lugs and the base of the watch? Specifically, would the watch take gen pushers, crown, etc?

Here are some pics of the gen from Chrono 24 for reference :