• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

fred

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/4/07
Suisse
5cf697b94bdd176857a0a5a56d274682.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sleeper Ken

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/22
Some questions!

A really interesting thread here, I'm gradually working through it, and having gotten half way through so far I've seen a lot of breathtakingly beautiful Bronzos, learned a lot about lemon juice, ketchup, peek and boiled eggs, as well as some good strap recommendations, but I haven't seen much commentary on merits of makers V6F vs VSF vs ZF etc and what improvements were made in the latest versions. I'm hooked, but need to figure out which manufacturer to buy (probably PAM382 - I'd really really love a working PR meter but have only seen PAM507 with the 8 o'clock nipple). Leaning towards ZF PAM382. Is there anything that would make the VSF worth the extra $150? What are the differences? Does anyone have both? When people have shared their photos and experiences it isn't clear which version they have so a bit difficult. Also, W2C that submarine clasp? Nice! Should be standard IMO

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
This thread is about bronze pams in general, not specific models, so there isn't much discussion or nuance here. More a thread about impressions and experiences with photos than facts. For facts, you need to look for threads of discussion about specific models and factories.

Also, the members here showcase individual builds and models purchased many years ago, so when buying a new one from TD, you need to focus on availability. So, for example, only VSF can be available for PAM382, and then to a limited extent, so discussion on this issue should be removed (Although VSF will be better than ZF, both in the proportion of the case and in the applied movement, also, it will be a different shade of bronze ).

I would recommend that you select the models you are interested in, check with TD, and if there are several options left, then look at the profile threads of these models and make a purchase decision.

In any case - good luck to you!

Sleeper Ken

4/8/22
My Bronzo is en route, I'd be grateful for some advice. Here is the QC pic. I'm looking for a standard patina, nothing crazy, but nice and even, I'm happy to let it develop naturally. My question is: would you advise I clean and descale the watch thoroughly to a shine when I first receive it to create a basis to start from to ensure it will become a nice even patina, or will it be okay to just continue to develop based on the pic below?

Many thanks!

zXvWgR.jpg

Reactions: H1GG1N5

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
@Sleeper Ken - I also prefer the even, natural patina look over the crusty forced patina. When you receive your watch I'd recommend removing the strap + screw bars, make sure the crown and case back are tight and give it a good wash with dish soap and warm water. I use a soft toothbrush to get into all the tight areas and then dry thoroughly.

The goal is to remove any residual oils or dirt that remain on the watch from the manufacturing process - leaving an even, clean finish for the patina to develop from.

Enjoy your bronzo!

Reactions: MattSP and H1GG1N5

H1GG1N5

5/9/22
My Bronzo is en route, I'd be grateful for some advice. Here is the QC pic. I'm looking for a standard patina, nothing crazy, but nice and even, I'm happy to let it develop naturally. My question is: would you advise I clean and descale the watch thoroughly to a shine when I first receive it to create a basis to start from to ensure it will become a nice even patina, or will it be okay to just continue to develop based on the pic below?

Many thanks!

zXvWgR.jpg
That's a nice looking watch, your very lucky! I have been scouring the For Sale section but no Bronzo's have come up lately.

I feel like I'm almost at the point I would give my let nut for one. :)

Enjoy the patina process and post some pic's.

Sleeper Ken

4/8/22
@Woundup thank you, that's exactly what I was getting at, it makes sense to remove grease, dirt and oils that could prevent the patina. Maybe I'll post photos along the way.

Not sure why these are so scarce right now, I'm sure the demand is still there for sure, what an extraordinary watch. I'm so pleased to now be looking at a photo of my watch, but will so be much happier when it's in hand and not just a tracking number. When I know for sure it's a goodun I'll get strap shopping, unless I can do something to improve the standard strap

Reactions: Drgehirn

Europorsche914

Looking Around
9/8/20
Hey, if anybody has a parts watch (vsf v2 pam382), please let me know. Dented my bezel and I’m crushed, such a beautiful watch..

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
@Woundup thank you, that's exactly what I was getting at, it makes sense to remove grease, dirt and oils that could prevent the patina. Maybe I'll post photos along the way.

Not sure why these are so scarce right now, I'm sure the demand is still there for sure, what an extraordinary watch. I'm so pleased to now be looking at a photo of my watch, but will so be much happier when it's in hand and not just a tracking number. When I know for sure it's a goodun I'll get strap shopping, unless I can do something to improve the standard strap
Don’t waste your time with that brown dog shit rep strap. When I got mine it was the worst, I wouldn’t even give it away here for the respect out of fellow members.

I’m about to pull the trigger on a green canvas from Gunny