• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling superocean 57 special edition from GF

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Many seem to like the 'rainbow' color on the dial. Not my style, I guess it's seem a little cheap to me. I would go for the black one without the rose gold. But I can understand it will be to dull or not special enough for some.

But what I can't understand is why this model will cost 750$...

The higher price relates to another factory offering it with an sw300 movement which is the same base movement the original uses before Breitling “supercharge” blow the dust kut, change the rotor etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister-X

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/21
The higher price relates to another factory offering it with an sw300 movement which is the same base movement the original uses before Breitling “supercharge” blow the dust kut, change the rotor etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's normal that it cost almost 200$ more then the price Thatwatchguy mentioned?

I don't know if I would pay more for that movement, but I'm just a newbie so maybe after some time I will think otherwise ????

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
So it's normal that it cost almost 200$ more then the price Thatwatchguy mentioned?

I don't know if I would pay more for that movement, but I'm just a newbie so maybe after some time I will think otherwise ????

The Sellita movement alone is selling for $250+. So price is justified if you think the chinese 28xx is about $50-70.

Doesn't mean it's worth it to you.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Had to go through an RL to get a good one. If anyone picks one up it seems like the dial they are using is slightly smaller than the case and if it's misaligned slightly to the left or right you can see the keyless works or plate from the movement just slightly on the side. I think it's amplified by the curvature of the crystal on the watch as you can kind of see this on the Breitling official pics where you see the dial doesn't go out to the edge of the case even on Gen. The second one I GL'ed was more aligned to the right side covering the defect I had an issue with but on the left you can kind of see the plate below. All alignments though have been spot on with the indicies and bezel on both. Will post up pics when it gets here in a few weeks.

zoMhdn.jpg

Reactions: APjumbo