• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Endurance Pro Comparison (White): Carbon Version vs. DLC Version vs. Genuine

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Lol or we could just go and buy a Rolex at double ++ retail :confused:

Im obviously half joking, but not really.
Im awaiting the faith of the brand on pins and needles, I wish they would stick to the Datora style & quality.

Nah, fuck grey market and fuck ADs shady games and their “VIP lists”.
The hustle is not worth the “reward” for a long time. Been there, done that.
Obviously just my personal opinion. You do whatever you think is right for you.

Last edited:

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Has anyone worn an OF Endurance Pro for swimming? The TD’s always say that they are waterproofed but general guidance is not to get them wet. For me it’s a big part of the usage case for this watch as a general sports / fitness watch.
Unless it’s tested I would stay away from any water, especially considering this one has chrono pushers and a non screw down crown.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I have noticed that the white differs in the 2 reps. Is the gen more like dull like the original factory or more white like the dlc version. I was on the fence and going to order the yellow one. I think the yellow looks like the correct shade of color.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Thank you for posting this. Your comparison pictures and somebody on here saying it's now on trusty which due to my laziness is who I order from now made me order the red one yesterday. I've always liked these and can't wait to get one.

Reactions: Therion666

Dalmatian

Do not accept unsolicited offers
19/7/24
I love this watch and don't think anyone has posted a comparison of the different reps available. I am going to try my best to do a comparison between the two drastically different Breitling Endurance Pro reps I have been able to find and how they stack up to the genuine. I apologize for the picture quality, one of these days I will get a better watch photo setup.

The side-by-side pictures below are the two reps I have in my possession. I haven't been able to track down reliable information about the factory that produces them (some say the carbon version comes from "Original Factory"), but one is a carbon version (available through Jtime for around $450) and one is a DLC version (obtained through Trustytime for $208). The online screen grabs are from the Breitling website of the original (available from Breitling for around $3,300).

First Impressions

To start off, these are not comparable reps. The carbon version is significantly better quality and a better replica than the DLC version. As you will see from the pictures, the DLC version has significant flaws from gen and even as a stand alone watch gets embarrassed by the quality of the carbon version. They really did an impressive job on the carbon version. I have seen and held the genuine and believe you would be hard pressed to find someone who is not an expert that could spot the carbon as a replica. The same cannot be said for the DLC version.

Some of the key differences/advantages in the carbon version are a bidirectional bezel (same as genuine), fully functional chronograph (including the sub-dials at 3 and 9), weighs 66.3 grams (genuine is 64 grams), a white crown grip, two-tier raised dial numbers, correct matte color hour, minute, and sub-dial hands, better sub-dial recession, thinner more comfortable rubber strap, more delicate Breitling logo on chrono second hand, better accuracy on case back engraving, and better accuracy in the dial number font, color and placement.

The DLC version has a unidirectional clicking bezel, a partially functional chrono (sub-dial at 3 does not function), weighs well over 100 grams (my scale maxed out at 100 grams), has a silver crown grip, single-tier raised dial numbers, chrome dial hands, too-drastic sub-dial recession, a thicker rubber strap, and less genuine dial marker font, color, and placement. I will say that the rubber strap as well as the white rehaut is a brighter white on the DLC version (not sure if this is closer or further from the color of the genuine, but I personally like the bright white color). However, the Breitling inscription on the DLC rubber strap is shallower than on the carbon version's rubber strap.

While both of these are fun watches that I'm happy to have in my collection, you really get what you pay for and the carbon version puts the extra $250 you pay to good use. Now onto the pictures. The carbon version is on the Left/Top and the DLC version is on the Right/Bottom. Hope this was helpful.

Carbon vs. DLC

Genuine for Reference

Im new here and i really like this white and red/black Breitling.. I found few sites to buy rep but all has bad sign, letter B is not so visible like in yours.
If you or a guy with blue one can, help me and send me PM where to buy one like yours, or where you bought it, wiuld be great..
Please help, coz watch is great, and awesome compare and review about watches.
Regards from Croatia

PAM2019

Getting To Know The Place
18/6/24
It’s my go to jogging watch. So light and great functionality.

How’s the watch holding up? Is the movement shock absorbent like the gen? I’m considering getting one to wear to the gym

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
How’s the watch holding up? Is the movement shock absorbent like the gen? I’m considering getting one to wear to the gym
Watch is holding up fine. I doubt it’s engineered like the gen… for one, it’s lacking the Thermo compensation for accuracy across temp ranges. I’ve not had any issues with wearing it and jogging so it should be fine for regular activity like any other watch.

Reactions: PAM2019

PAM2019

Getting To Know The Place
18/6/24
Watch is holding up fine. I doubt it’s engineered like the gen… for one, it’s lacking the Thermo compensation for accuracy across temp ranges. I’ve not had any issues with wearing it and jogging so it should be fine for regular activity like any other watch.
I'm wondering how hard is to replace the movement in case it craps out. I've seen pre-owned Gens around $1500, these with a new band would cost around $500. hard to justify if not serviceable.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I'm wondering how hard is to replace the movement in case it craps out. I've seen pre-owned Gens around $1500, these with a new band would cost around $500. hard to justify if not serviceable.
Quartz movements are quite robust. You’ll likely only ever need to replace the battery every 3 years or so. This rep is about as NWBIG as it gets.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
I'm late to this thread but I've seen the Endurance Pro come up a few times here and I've missed it. I might just pay for a new one but this thread has been amazingly helpful. So, the Carbon version is best, Trusytime best TD, maybe buy a gen strap. But it has been mentioned that the movement (stated to be Swiss, which would probably be ETA, Selita or Ronda Quartz), is as good as Breitling's own Gen. That's puzzling since Breitling is marketing this model as "super-accurate". IMO any quartz movement will typically be remarkably accurate but do we know that the rep version has the same Breitling Caliber 82, which is a thermo-compensated SuperQuartz™ movement. This type of quartz movement is indeed more accurate than standard Swiss quartz movements but at +/- 15 secs per month, I won't tell the difference.

Reactions: PAM2019

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
The Original factory rep version does not have the same quality quartz movt as the gen. The nice thing about the OF rep is that it has the same subdial functions as the gen which is what makes it so attractive as a rep, as well as the similar case and buckle construction. You will however notice on closer inspection the case and buckle construction weave is different. When you see the rep and gen side by side it actually quite obvious. It also certainly doesn’t have the thermocompensated breitling specced movt…

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
OP - Thanks for the write up as the OF factory Breitling Endurance is on my list to purchase.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
The Original factory rep version does not have the same quality quartz movt as the gen. The nice thing about the OF rep is that it has the same subdial functions as the gen which is what makes it so attractive as a rep, as well as the similar case and buckle construction. You will however notice on closer inspection the case and buckle construction weave is different. When you see the rep and gen side by side it actually quite obvious. It also certainly doesn’t have the thermocompensated breitling specced movt…
Thanks so much for this reality-check. While I had not assumed that any factory would offer Breitling's quartz movement, I did get the impression that the carbon version rep was truly 1:1, apart from the strap. I will take a closer look and appreciate the support.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
As reiterated before, this Breitling is as basically as NWBIG as it can get for a replica.

It's truly 1:1 as a replica can get for the price and is one of the few watches that can truly have the title as "NWBIG". Same functions, movement is not the "same" with all the fancy Breitling COSC quartz certification but it has the exact same function, exact same materials, maybe some tiny minor aesthetic differences.

I had never noticed case construction thing before, so I guess you can dock it for that.

For 1/10th the price of the real thing and 1/5th of the price of grey market it's truly astonishing and makes you wonder how much Breitling is making off these watches.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
So, this is what I needed to hear. I'm in Brisbane but willing to come to your house with a case of beer just to say thank you.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
So, this is what I needed to hear. I'm in Brisbane but willing to come to your house with a case of beer just to say thank you.
I forgot to say this only applies to the OF or Original Factory models, specifically in carbon fiber. The cheapo Aliexpress $35 ones are good for fun but not considered super clone / well replicated.

Reactions: jakeslatneksy