• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Endurance Pro Comparison (White): Carbon Version vs. DLC Version vs. Genuine

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
I love this watch and don't think anyone has posted a comparison of the different reps available. I am going to try my best to do a comparison between the two drastically different Breitling Endurance Pro reps I have been able to find and how they stack up to the genuine. I apologize for the picture quality, one of these days I will get a better watch photo setup.

The side-by-side pictures below are the two reps I have in my possession. I haven't been able to track down reliable information about the factory that produces them (some say the carbon version comes from "Original Factory"), but one is a carbon version (available through Jtime for around $450) and one is a DLC version (obtained through Trustytime for $208). The online screen grabs are from the Breitling website of the original (available from Breitling for around $3,300).

First Impressions

To start off, these are not comparable reps. The carbon version is significantly better quality and a better replica than the DLC version. As you will see from the pictures, the DLC version has significant flaws from gen and even as a stand alone watch gets embarrassed by the quality of the carbon version. They really did an impressive job on the carbon version. I have seen and held the genuine and believe you would be hard pressed to find someone who is not an expert that could spot the carbon as a replica. The same cannot be said for the DLC version.

Some of the key differences/advantages in the carbon version are a bidirectional bezel (same as genuine), fully functional chronograph (including the sub-dials at 3 and 9), weighs 66.3 grams (genuine is 64 grams), a white crown grip, two-tier raised dial numbers, correct matte color hour, minute, and sub-dial hands, better sub-dial recession, thinner more comfortable rubber strap, more delicate Breitling logo on chrono second hand, better accuracy on case back engraving, and better accuracy in the dial number font, color and placement.

The DLC version has a unidirectional clicking bezel, a partially functional chrono (sub-dial at 3 does not function), weighs well over 100 grams (my scale maxed out at 100 grams), has a silver crown grip, single-tier raised dial numbers, chrome dial hands, too-drastic sub-dial recession, a thicker rubber strap, and less genuine dial marker font, color, and placement. I will say that the rubber strap as well as the white rehaut is a brighter white on the DLC version (not sure if this is closer or further from the color of the genuine, but I personally like the bright white color). However, the Breitling inscription on the DLC rubber strap is shallower than on the carbon version's rubber strap.

While both of these are fun watches that I'm happy to have in my collection, you really get what you pay for and the carbon version puts the extra $250 you pay to good use. Now onto the pictures. The carbon version is on the Left/Top and the DLC version is on the Right/Bottom. Hope this was helpful.

Carbon vs. DLC

Genuine for Reference

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
IMHO these carbon reps are NWBIG. Ive had every gen on my wrist, sadly no rep, but seen a lot of pictures and reviews of them and my impression is, they are fucking good :)

In any case, thanks for taking the time for the writeup!

Reactions: TESLA760

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Buckle is also carbon material on the Original factory unit and the crystal is sapphire with AR. It also has a S/N etched onto the case in between the lugs as per gen. Case shape is also more accurate with the DLC case being completely different altogether - no where near gen.
The numerals 9 and 3 on the Original factory are identical to gen. The numeral 9 on many of the DLC units is not accurate with a different cutaway. The date wheel on many of the earlier DLC units was also white which is not accurate, the GEN has black date wheel and so does the original factory unit.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
I am wondering, since this is a Quartz watch and much cheaper in production, if the "Original factory" could be a full or partial original factory "back-door" unit. I have seen before relatively expansive units that were rated second grade (perhaps just bnecause one two seconds/day wrong) and sent out from the "back door" into the rep market instead to be recycled or destroyed.
For sure it looks damn close to the original. Good buy and thanks for the pictures (y)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Its constructed from relatively cheap and accessible stuff, even the movement is identical to gen.
No need for backdoors I guess, but it could be the case, they run a “nightshift” for it. 😁

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

AlicW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
Excellent work, the Ceramic ones from OF do look the business, I noticed Trusty added these between Christmas and New Year too, if one of the versions with a black strap becomes available these will definitely be on my list to pick up

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Excellent work, the Ceramic ones from OF do look the business, I noticed Trusty added these between Christmas and New Year too, if one of the versions with a black strap becomes available these will definitely be on my list to pick up
Just add a gen strap, the tang ones are like $80 (AUD where I am). Case and buckle material are gen like I couldn’t tell the difference in person with the Original factory, the weight is so light I don’t even know I’m wearing it. the cheaper ones are not even close.

I added gen straps and gen Blacksteel deployment and mine is brilliant ;)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
IMHO these carbon reps are NWBIG. Ive had every gen on my wrist, sadly no rep, but seen a lot of pictures and reviews of them and my impression is, they are fucking good :)

In any case, thanks for taking the time for the writeup!
100% agree mine is amazing (y)

Reactions: Teamjlf

AlicW

Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
Just add a gen strap, the tang ones are like $80 (AUD where I am). Case and buckle material are gen like I couldn’t tell the difference in person with the Original factory, the weight is so light I don’t even know I’m wearing it. the cheaper ones are not even close.

I added gen straps and gen Blacksteel deployment and mine is brilliant ;)
Good shout, I didn’t realise the straps were so cheap or so easy yo get. 8% discount just now too!!

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
To be honest, the OEM strap was the reason I didnt buy the yellow GEN.
Breitling used 2 types of rubber. One softer and one harder. Yellow and some other colours were harder ones and it was way too uncomfortable.
After some time, they switched to soft on all models, but by that time, I lost interest in it, the inability to control the output made me dislike Breitling a bit more. Hence why I dont have a rep either.
May reconsider, if someone will be selling a yellow one, just for the hell of it 😁

Reactions: shinynewbling25

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
To be honest, the OEM strap was the reason I didnt buy the yellow GEN.
Breitling used 2 types of rubber. One softer and one harder. Yellow and some other colours were harder ones and it was way too uncomfortable.
After some time, they switched to soft on all models, but by that time, I lost interest in it, the inability to control the output made me dislike Breitling a bit more. Hence why I dont have a rep either.
May reconsider, if someone will be selling a yellow one, just for the hell of it 😁
Gen straps have come a long way, I bought a gen strap off eBay before they became so affordable and it was tough so I thought fake but he dug up the AD receipt and to your point yes it was really old (Seller was great had lots of feedback on gen watches, straps parts etc).

And the reps have come a long way too :)

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Just FYI
I compared my blue Breitling Pro rep to the gen and the blue is a different colour. Funnily enough, the rep is a nicer slightly more vibrant blue on strap and dial trim. The gen is a very muted blue. If you went a gen strap on the dark blue ( as per my pic above ) it would be a mismatch and it’s obvious. Maybe on the white and black it would be OK ?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
That’s why I went with the white insert version, ditch the white strap or switch it…a very versatile watch ;)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Just FYI
I compared my blue Breitling Pro rep to the gen and the blue is a different colour. Funnily enough, the rep is a nicer slightly more vibrant blue on strap and dial trim. The gen is a very muted blue. If you went a gen strap on the dark blue ( as per my pic above ) it would be a mismatch and it’s obvious. Maybe on the white and black it would be OK ?
What a world we live in when the rep strap vs gen is better:oops:

Reactions: Therion666

AlicW

Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
Has anyone worn an OF Endurance Pro for swimming? The TD’s always say that they are waterproofed but general guidance is not to get them wet. For me it’s a big part of the usage case for this watch as a general sports / fitness watch.

Reactions: bigdaddycrypto69