• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Deployant Clasp Genuine vs Aliexpress "mid tier" Replica Photo Comparison

Alangep

2/10/14
This store (Shop910322294 Store) has the deployant in AliExpress for 20€ , and it looks good.
I have one on the way.
4b525f2e1eefb2ae76a9c52bbf13dd92.jpg
7b2ec7ed739f9832987d2b64efcdc3a8.jpg

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
My TD is Eric at Geektime.

It’s just the clasps at $60 each. I had genuine alligator leather straps made for my Breitlings recently. I thought the straps for the Premier wouldn’t be very good as I thought all TD leather straps are rubbish so didn’t order them.

What makes you think the straps are decent? Are they comparable to custom leather strap makers?

EDIT - yes clasps were from GF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know... The only objective comparison I have is all the other leather straps I’ve received from TD/factory and all the leather straps I’ve bought off eBay..
it just felt different.. I’m only specifically talking about the blue strap that came on my premier.. I also got a blue leather strap with my chronomat from GF and it was not very good... it’s just that one strap... it’s good, I just know it.. just a feeling I have...

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
This store (Shop910322294 Store) has the deployant in AliExpress for 20€ , and it looks good.
I have one on the way.

Please post pics when it arrives! In the advertising it says it has the logo so I’m very curious how it looks and feels!

Thanks for sharing!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I bought the 18mm version for 20mm lugs 11/14/2020 using the link Watch Addicted provided after joining aliexpress and it arrived yesterday from NY? Maybe forwarded from china from there (jamaca NY, already threw the package away, lol) . It looks fantastic and seems to close very securely. I'm ordering a gen rubber from b.ling's website now. Engravings say A18D.4 3519 B9. I have the one trusty claims as titanium though the color just doesn't look like Ti but it's still a great deployant. Like Katarsis said, I don't really need any more but these seem so good I kind of want to hoard them. Another 20mm in case one breaks and a polished 22mm version. I almost wouldn't mind trying to see if I can get a bracelet to fit in it. Decisions, decisions.

ZqTqAS.jpg

ZqTI8Q.jpg

ZqTipP.jpg

ZqTmGW.jpg

ZqTO7L.jpg

Last edited:

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
i think it is perfect, i have just received mine and just mounted it on my breitling superocean heritage 42 with rubber strap

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany

I installed my clasp on my SOH today with gene rubber straps and it looks fantastic! great look and feeling in this combination. thanks a lot to NaviChief for this post!!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

I installed my clasp on my SOH today with gene rubber straps and it looks fantastic! great look and feeling in this combination. thanks a lot to NaviChief for this post!!

Whilst it does look good the font is completely different to the gen...they are worlds apart.

The gen aero does look great on the deployment.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I bought couple of clasps around Nov 15th and it shipped and stuck in US customs from Nov 25 to today. No movement nothing. Not sure how long it'll be... terrible! Do they consficate even clasp now?

Last edited:

Jack4Five

Known Member
31/7/19
Hello
I ordered the deployant clasp from 12'o clock watch accessories shop. It took 3 weeks to Germany without customs problems.
Overall nice quality but my clasp have a small dent.
Ordered also a folding buckle but has not arrived yet.

Jack4Five

Known Member
31/7/19
Mine arrived too. I ordered both, the push-buttons folding clasp and the folding clasp for the leather strap. Not sure if they are gen like but the quality is good for that price you can't go wrong. ????

scot7361

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/14
Ordered the clasp from 12'o clock watch accessories shop too.
I am really curious.
Hope there are no custom problems.
Will update.

Did you receive the clasp? I ordered about 4 weeks ago, and still not shipped yet. Have sent about half a dozen messages to enquire about dhl shipping and general questions, but no replies yet. Did you Abe any issues?

Jack4Five

Known Member
31/7/19
scot7361

The package arrived after about 3 weeks without any issius.
Perhaps yours takes longer because of chinese holidays?

scot7361

2/5/14
Yeah I assumed that may be the case, it’s just that it is not even showing as shipped yet, and no response to any msg’s. Could be they are on holidays and not manning the site.
No worries, just thought I would check

rumli

11/3/12
EU
what do you think, which is the best quality? 12 o'clock shop?