• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Gmt GF vs Gen

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Two new Watches from Gf , look GF specialized in breitling
6fd56fcd4e8fea17e998253ec178c5e4.png

Sent from the RWI App

Viktor

12/3/14
Wow, where can I find more info/reviews of the superocean heritage II ?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I ordered my Breitling Avenger GMT mad by GF factory. My TD said is was in stock at GF. They will be making an SS bracelet that I can buy later when it is finished.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Sorry not allowed post links rwi sent me Pm not post links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilya93robbins

Known Member
14/5/14
Any timescales on when this will be released on the SS bracelet? This baby is definitely my next rep.

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Looks like we might have a decent SOH rep again from the pics. Eager to see more of that and if they've mansged to get the blue sunburst dial right.

Does that bezel look well made to you? I am not sure.

I am going to try the brown SOH2 at the Breitling store next week. I am very tempted to buy it unless the upcoming GF rep is awesome

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
That SOH does not look good but maybe it's bc of the lighting. Dial and bezel colors are both off and looks like the location and alignment of the "superocean" print is still not corrrect.

He gmt looks brilliant tho. I wonder if the blue is just as close to the gen as the black one is.

The line color used to be wrong before, can someone who owns the watch chime in and enlighten us? What color is the lume, blue or green?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
I got a blue and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite watches to keep in the rotation

dybhItV.jpg

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Does that bezel look well made to you? I am not sure.

I am going to try the brown SOH2 at the Breitling store next week. I am very tempted to buy it unless the upcoming GF rep is awesome
Very hard to tell from the pics and as @zethunder says it could be a combination of things. It is a part of the watch that is hard to get just right in terms of colour and reflection. Comparing the rest of it with the soh2 on breitling.com it looks pretty close but until i get one in the hand we'll have to wait and see. I am going to get one to compare with my gen soh 46 so we've all got a reference point. Personslly I think breitling have been lazy in terms of the changes they have made and could have been more adventurous. I think they've lost the purity of the soh, which i love, and the soh2 isn't an improvement. Just my 2 cents. The other crucial area is the quality and adjustability of the bracelet. The gen ocean classic is fantastic as it should be for the cost and lets see if they've managed to make a passable rep of it.

Sent from the RWI App

dumibalamuc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/9/12
same here
can t wait to see more updated with the breitling soh 2 <3

dumibalamuc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/9/12
this must be repped...blue and black dial , and black bezel
love it

2v9enmx.png

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
@Eagl3 : Please tell me how does the watch "feel"? Does the bezel have any play? Or is it nice and firm with a good click? My GF Blackbird had a lot of play and you could move the bezel left and right horizontally for almost a mm. Is AR any good?

Thank in advance for your reply!

The trigger finger is itching again.. ;)

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
@Eagl3 : Please tell me how does the watch "feel"? Does the bezel have any play? Or is it nice and firm with a good click? My GF Blackbird had a lot of play and you could move the bezel left and right horizontally for almost a mm. Is AR any good?

Thank in advance for your reply!

The trigger finger is itching again.. ;)

The bezel does have some left and right play. Probably about 1mm total. But it does click very satisfyingly into all 24 positions. It's kind of addicting to play with since it clicks very nicely. AR is pretty decent. I think it's single sided and has a purple/blue hue to it. Not the strongest I've seen, but definitely better than the blackbird I had.

I honestly didn't even notice the bezel play until you mentioned it.

The watch wears very nicely, it feels much thinner than my Seawolf and avenger skyland. I'd say it feels about halfway between my CrPO and my sub. I have no doubt the gen is more refined, but for ~300 ish, I think this is an amazing value.

Also, interestingly enough, this is one my first waterproof OOTB rep. I tested it without greasing the seals just for Shiz and giggles and it passed my 6 ATM tester. Most of the other reps I have had crystal leaks that required some UV cement. This one was perfect, but I still added my own grease just to be sure.

I did have to tear apart the keyless since it wouldn't reset, but it was a pretty easy reassembly even with the GMT module. Keeps amazing time, it's drifted like 3 seconds over 2 days.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
@Eagl3 : Thank you for your effort with this very informative reply, just what I needed to know! I really like the look of this watch, but I like my watches to have that solid feel to them. I have an H-factory Skyland Avenger DLC and it feels like gen, the bezel action is superb with zero play, very different to the GF Blackbird I had. It's a shame, I love the low profile of these new Breitlings..
I wish Noob or H-fac would have a go with one of these, I'm sure they would sell like hot cakes.