• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

NASA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/18
So can this watch still be ordered by TDs? I also wonder what version to buy.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I've had really bad luck with the 2824 versions. I'd go 3135. The eta adapter ring in these is too loose. Movement moves around.

Reactions: Screwtape

FragileExpressHP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
I got one in from Jtime earlier this month. Try with him

Does yours have bent springbars? My TD tells me that all of the BPSDs coming out now has bent springbars.

He told me that the watch heads were made years ago, and the new bracelets they make don’t fit that well. The spring bars look forced and bent into fitting into the BPSD lug holes. Not sure if he’s shitting me.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Does yours have bent springbars? My TD tells me that all of the BPSDs coming out now has bent springbars.

He told me that the watch heads were made years ago, and the new bracelets they make don’t fit that well. The spring bars look forced and bent into fitting into the BPSD lug holes. Not sure if he’s shitting me.

Mine looked fine.
The SEL fit was great, I’d asked Jtime to find one like that.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

I got mine from sead, no bent bars and the the bp bracelet sel fit was really tight and recessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Still waiting for mine, it’s been over a month since I paid but I’m sure SEAD will come through. He seams legit and everyone on here swears by him so I’m being patient.

He sent me photos of one that was meant for me but it had some severe scratches on the back and on the bezel insert. Scratches that were not possible to brush out or polish out (almost like chunks taken out of the back, like someone opened the case back with Vice-Grips, it was def odd.)

This is my first time doing this so I’m learning about the importance of patience.

Regardless, please keep the pix coming guys, I need to live vicariously through your photos!

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I got mine from sead, no bent bars and the the bp bracelet sel fit was really tight and recessed.

Is the 21j (or whatever lower end movement it is) a different case than the 3135/2824 cases? I just got my QC pix and the spring bars are indeed bent and the SELs kinda look effed up.

Is it bad to post QC pix for others to review for me?

Last edited:

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
AFAIK these only come in 2824 and 3135 versions, I don’t think there’s a 21j version.

Did the TD confirm it’s a BP?

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Is the 21j (or whatever lower end movement it is) a different case than the 3135/2824 cases? I just got my QC pix and the spring bars are indeed bent and the SELs kinda look effed up.

Is it bad to post QC pix for others to review for me?

The cases will likely be different, there was a difference init he 3135/2824 cases I did a brief comparison last year

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
[mention]Seadwellermike [/mention] why are you saying sead seems legit? It must one of the most annoying things first timers say. This guys been selling via the forum long before a lot of us were here, Hes in the TD list so what would you make think anything else. He’s taken up to 6 weeks to get a watch for me, he never forgets, so chill. If anything Just give him a nudge now and again.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
[mention]Seadwellermike [/mention] why are you saying sead seems legit? It must one of the most annoying things first timers say. This guys been selling via the forum long before a lot of us were here, Hes in the TD list so what would you make think anything else. He’s taken up to 6 weeks to get a watch for me, he never forgets, so chill. If anything Just give him a nudge now and again.

Agree with stufuse, I’ve bought from Sead since forever, rock solid chap to deal with.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I’m sorry, my words were ill chosen. It should have said “since SEAD is trusted by the masses I will extend the same trust, I’m learning how this works as I go as everyone else had to”

SEAD is totally legit, and I was truly not trying to knock him in my post, that was not my intent at all!

moving on, I did get the bent spring bar and had SEL QC pics but I’m going to have it sent since SEAD says every BPSD is like that now. (As someone else stated also)

I’m more than handy, I can fix/redrill/replace SELs as needed. I’m a stickler for good SEL figment, I think it’s just weird when they are wonky. Maybe an ARF bracelet is in order, I’ll ask SEAD if he can get them.

Last edited:

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
It arrived today!

It’s an absolute steal of a watch for the price! Dial and insert are really really nice. Lume color is all the same (no green hands like some I’ve seen) and the Crystal and crown looks very very good.

The SEL’s do have the bent spring bars but they are tight, and the SELs recess/fitment aren’t too bad. Far superior to what I expected. I will likely still modify them when I have the time, but it’s definitely livable as it is.

The bracelet is super cheap but then again so was the watch. Shape and look of the bracelet are great, the hollow mid links make it feel awful though.

I’m not a purist so I ordered a DSSD Glidelock with it and installed it immediately. The BP clasp isn’t bad, in fact looks great. But I don’t like the old style clasp no matter it’s quality and the Glidelock just feels so much better. It eliminates noises when moving and makes the watch just feel more impressive. With a solid mid link bracelet this will be a very substantial Piece.

the pearl looks great and I think it might be dirty so if I can clean it it will be a stunner. Overall I am very happy and although it was a tough 2 month wait, it was certainly worth said wait.

SEAD is a great guy for a first timer like myself, and if I had been prepared for his sometimes short communication I would rank him a 100%. I learned fast to just trust him with my money and trust he will deliver something beyond expectations, which he most certainly did.

I read a lot of “Franken” Threads and have seen a lot of mods for this watch and having owned genuine rolexes before can say that this watch is stellar out of the box (sans bracelet) and can be enjoyed stock.

thank you all for this bad ass thread, I have read it a few times now and without it I wouldn’t be as happy as I am today.

thank you all! And thanks to SEAD as well. if I can figure out how to post pix I will

ltried to add Dropbox pics but I must have done it wrong. I’m open to suggestions.

ets see if this works....

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%208%2049%2047%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%208%2050%2018%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%208%2049%2009%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%208%2050%2038%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%208%2051%2014%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2003%2C%207%2015%2018%20PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seefeld

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
After close review I noticed the bezel insert to be off a little. What I mean is the 12 marker (Pearl) is straight as is the 6 market (“30”) but the 15 marker is aligned with 16 and the 45 marker is actually leaning toward 46. It looks like a backspace.... like this..... \
if I could post pix i would illustrate. It’s still handsome as hell, and I’m def happy, I just need to replace the insert and the majority of the bracelet.

I may also Lume it because it’s bright for about 10 seconds and fades really fast. The color is so nicely done and uniform I may not even mess with it.

What is t he current consensus on WSO inserts? They have a few versions that seam ok and they have bracelets as well. I don’t know if anyone else who has both unless I go gen which would be awesome but I’m not ready to put that money into this yes.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
After close review I noticed the bezel insert to be off a little. What I mean is the 12 marker (Pearl) is straight as is the 6 market (“30”) but the 15 marker is aligned with 16 and the 45 marker is actually leaning toward 46. It looks like a backspace.... like this..... \
if I could post pix i would illustrate. It’s still handsome as hell, and I’m def happy, I just need to replace the insert and the majority of the bracelet.

I may also Lume it because it’s bright for about 10 seconds and fades really fast. The color is so nicely done and uniform I may not even mess with it.

What is t he current consensus on WSO inserts? They have a few versions that seam ok and they have bracelets as well. I don’t know if anyone else who has both unless I go gen which would be awesome but I’m not ready to put that money into this yes.

Get a Ginault bracelet...

https://ginault.com/shop/ginault-94530g-bracelet/

Get a gen insert, there really is no substitute, or live with the current one. WSO etc are all crap. Live with it until you can afford to buy the gen.

Also, buy a gen dial.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ssories/8979440-genuine-seadweller-16600-dial

Completely, unrelated :p

And then you've got a wonderful watch :D haha

Reactions: watchoself